which tyres are best?

JJCRU23R

btw i did search n couldnt see a thread that dealt with my issue. if i missed it - sorry.

gday gday,

my 03 conquest's tyres look like theyve just about had it.

my spare tyre has replaced a flat tyre i experienced during the big wet weekend that the pashabulker crashed into the beach... and the tyres im using now are (im guessing) all at 45-50% or less tread... by lesss.. i mean almost bald.

not safe...

so yea just curious what brands you guys recommend for corollas still riding on stock alloyz?

my tyres are dunlopz... not sure if they came stock with everyone elses corolla but yea. should i stick with them or is there a better brand/model of tyre i should be looking for?

another thing, which in your opinion of the tyre places provides best price/service? if you can recommend a specific tyre place in western syd that would be helpful but yea.. otherwise, if youd choose bobjane over beaurepairs or something please tell me why?

thankz in advance..

jase

Toyo Proxes are the best bang for buck. I have Proxes 4 on the MR2 and they are pretty nice. Great response and awesome wet weather handling. Other then that, Pirelli Dragon aren't too bad either.

I find Jax-Quickfit to be a great place to buy because they can get anything in for you as they are not bound to any particular brands, and are often the best prices going around too.

I normally just go to Kmart tyre and auto for my tyres, main reason being I get discount. If you know anyone that works for a Coles group store get them to drop your car off and give them the money ;)

But ring around the tyre shops and go with the cheapest.

I'm loving my Kumhos Ecstas. Great bang for your buck. Only $100 cost price a corner for 215/35/18. Cheaper for 17's!

Jax Quickfit are awesome here in Vic too.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

How much retail BB?

The standard Dunlops are pretty good Jase, you know what they say, if it ain't broke...

I'm loving my Kumhos Ecstas. Great bang for your buck. Only $100 cost price a corner for 215/35/18. Cheaper for 17's!

Jax Quickfit are awesome here in Vic too.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

How much retail BB?

The standard Dunlops are pretty good Jase, you know what they say, if it ain't broke...

I'm not sure on retail, but I have been quoted between $170-200 from various places! :)

Have any of you guys had experience with Pirelli PZero Dragons. I've got a quote for $170 per corner for 205-40-r17's. I was looking on Pirelli website and it's pretty much their entry level product but i was wondering how they would compare to others like Falkens or Kumhos etc in terms of grip, wet weather performance etc.

Thanks.