p plates

omg does anyone kno where i can get green p plates like these http://www.silverstyle.co.uk/catalogue/sslp3.jpg

iv looked aoround but havnt been able to find >.<

Not sure about Australia but here in N Z the only other color other than the black lettering on white is RED lettering try checking with the licensing authority who issue P Plates.

ooh sik =D can u get ne other colours aswel? il ask round see if ne1 else wants 1 XD

v^_^

I think the only P plates allowed in WA is RED on white. If im not mistaken NSW has two phases for P plates. red P for a year and green P for a year. My cousin is on his green P's now. Instead in WA we have two phases for L plates.

Yeah it's just changed to a similar setup in QLD. We have redp's for a bit, then green. To even get p's now you need to go through a lot more then in the past. Good thing I'm a few months from Opens :)

ny4n u kno ur lights for ur numbaplate did u change them? can u get them in green? XD

In victoria you should only use RED with White letter p plates untill 2008 july when green p's come in but i seen both types at K-mart

Green P in NSW is limited to 80 i believe ....

would hate for WA cops to pull you over for wrong coloured p plates as an excuse to check your car for defects

but if you got green parkers its already defected so spose doesn't matter

i got told off for blue(glow prettymuch white) parkers on my nissan by Cops

Edited by DrivInGScHool

Green P in NSW is limited to 80 i believe ....

NSW L's is limited to 80KM/H - Now 1year (use to be 6mths minimum)

Red P's is Limited to 90KM/H - 1 Year minimum...

Green P's is Limited to 100KM/H - 2 years minimum..

=D

ny4n u kno ur lights for ur numbaplate did u change them? can u get them in green? XD

yeh i changed them. but a friend of mine gave it to me, he said he bought it from malaysia or something .. i'm not sure where to get them here.. i've only seen white and blue ones on other cars around perth.

Yeah it's just changed to a similar setup in QLD. We have redp's for a bit, then green. To even get p's now you need to go through a lot more then in the past. Good thing I'm a few months from Opens :)

As long as you had your Provisional liscence before July 1st 2007, you stay with the old system.

as mentioned green parkers are highly illegal...but if you wanna go ahead have a look at your manual it tells you where/what to do to change the lights

i thought it was only red and blue that r illegal?????? :

only allowed to have standard white/yellowish/bluish parkers.

any colour that is not standard natural light (apart from the indicators of course) is illegal to have

i think it varies from state to state... i have been defected for having purple LEDz in the headlights (i told them they were parkers) anyway... i heard that in WA it's legal to have undercar neons as long as they neons don't show... if that's the case then u might be able to get away with havin different colored parkers... the same law might apply to the licence plate lights too as long as the plates are visible... but call up ur nearest police station n ask them or even better get it in writing...

as mentioned green parkers are highly illegal...but if you wanna go ahead have a look at your manual it tells you where/what to do to change the lights

yeh some guy told me that its illegal.. and hving blue parker will get me a thousand dollar fine.. ROFL.. dunno how true but apprantely one of his friend got done for that..

green parkers??? :blink:

ACT P's Unlimited speed limit and in all states :D do the P off course :P i havent cos the P plates match the last letter of my plates

Edited by Airbourne128224

I just did my DQT test and now i dont need my green P plates, You could have them but i threw them out of the car to celebrate my freedom from them faggy bits of plastic that make you a police magnet....

Edited by Simo

haha oh k, i wont even hav my p's till this monday >.< well il jus stik wit my red an white p plates >.< 1 thing i really wanna do is find out the laws on lights in perth cuz i want it in writing to hav a copy in my car if i get pulled ova v^^ any of the forum moderators got the laws for perth?

Just going back to the parkers conversation; I got done by a cop on Dunheved Rd, Werrington for blue parkers in my TR Magna (hey, it was blue and it matched, ok??)

The ticket was written out for "non-white driving lights"... it's really bad I saw a Nissan Skyline (the earlier models, R??) this morning around 6:00am, still kinda darkish, he would rather drive around with his lights off than turn them on, and I suddenly knew why: when I did see him with his lights on his right bulb had blown and only his blue parker was showing -- looked kinda dorky...

My 2c (:

Edited by alarum