03 sportivo engine noise

Hey all,

For a while now wen im idleing hot and cold starts the engine seems to be very noisey im totally confussed toyota cant see anything wrong with it except the oil filter is to small??? :blink: they are trying to sell me a $30 oil filter high performance to fix the problem. Can anyone help me out wat could be wrong, and wat oil filter i should be using big or small one??

Thanks

Hey all,

For a while now wen im idleing hot and cold starts the engine seems to be very noisey im totally confussed toyota cant see anything wrong with it except the oil filter is to small??? :blink: they are trying to sell me a $30 oil filter high performance to fix the problem. Can anyone help me out wat could be wrong, and wat oil filter i should be using big or small one??

Thanks

what kind of noise? is the noise happening when it's cold or hot. your post is kind of confusing. Is it louder when it's hot or cold?

Also, what do you mean the oil filter is too small?!? doesn't toyota replace it when they service the car. i don't see how it has anything to do with you? Did you replace the filter yourself? When was your last service?

im confussed myself :huh: my brother does everything to my car mechanical i need.

the noise is a knocking sound really soft but not right it mainly happens when its cold, he told me to take it to Toyota as it is still under warranty( nothing suss as toyota said). i just dont believe them..

my brother has spoken to other friends that work at a different toyota dealership they said that its common and its got something to do with the oil filter... i got no idea but hope this is more clear..

thanks

Warm it up for 10 mins and then drive it - problem solved :lol:

Honestly though I haven't read of this problem around here (assuming it' a problem!). I say let them put this "hi-performance oil filter" on and if it doesn't fix it then make a big fuss?? :) Maybe it's just the noise the car makes warming up? I'll listen to mine closely next time. How long have you had the car?

The 2ZZGE engine's do have an usual tapping noise but it's normal, they all do it...

I've never heard of the oil filter affecting engine noise but your car should be running the larger oil filter...

The oil filter you need is part number: 90915 YZZE2...