Presara Map Software Upgrade?

rimmeroz

I picked up V15 from a .....place... :P last weekend for a handy price. Worked like a charm in the ZR6, it has new roads n stuff now, but there isnt much of an update between v14 and 15. I'll tell ya that now.

be a big jump from v13 tho...

where can i get me a copy!!!???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up V15 from a .....place... :P last weekend for a handy price. Worked like a charm in the ZR6, it has new roads n stuff now, but there isnt much of an update between v14 and 15. I'll tell ya that now.

soooooooo, wanna PM me with details on how i can get you to buy me one? :lol:

It really depends on where you are.

In Melbourne, I heard that v14 has the new Eastlink tollway on it, but it doesn't choose it as a route because when v14 was released, the tollway wasn't fully completed.

In fact, the 'special' disc that I first purchased was v14 and no matter how hard I tried picking a destination right near the tollway, the satnav software picked a different route. I checked to make sure I had allowed freeway and tollway in the menu just to make sure that it wasn't avoiding it.

I was a bit sceptical about the v15 only being a single layer, but the guy who sold it to me said that it might be missing some of the icon details such as petrol station, shopping centre, restaurant etc. As I don't normally use those features, I didn't see it as a major drawback. Having said that, I never bothered to check whether those details were in the v15 disc.

In the end, I just don't understand where Toyota gets off charging us close to $400 for a new version of the disc, when for that price, I can get a whole new GPS unit. They are taking unfair advantage of the fact that our satnav units are built into the car and therefore we are reluctant to purchase another unit. Shame Shame Shame!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey a guys,

I got a copy now but do you guys know how to get red lights and speed cameras?

To my knowledge Toyota have disabled this function in the unit itself? This is one of the reasons that I replaced mine with the Auspack.