Presara Map Software Upgrade?

rimmeroz

My presara has version 14 of the map and my mum's car (Lexus) has version 13 of the map, since they both use the same map i thought i would try burning the dvd and see if it works. I went out and bought DVD+R Dual layer disc 5 for 17 bucks (its expensive but i cbf shopping around) at Big W and then used Nero to copy the DVDs. The original copy is 5.85 Gb and copying the disc took about 35 minutes (burns at only 2x on my burner). Then i placed the burnt copy in the lexus and once it read the DVD it began updating the system and it took about 15 seconds and voila checking the map version again and its version 14 and it works!

Compressed it only is 1.3 gb. PM me for details :whistling:

Hi Yakuza, I have downloaded .rar file for V14 for my 03 Camry, it was 1.3gb compressed then 5.28gb when i uncompressed it. I have nero 8, it didnt work after attempting it on 4 discs. Another forum advises that it will only work on nero 6 or lower, so i tried this on my friends pc as nero 6 is not compatible on Vista. It still didnt work. Im using a Dual Layer DVD it just keeps saying insert a map dvd on the screen. Is there anyway you can assist me please. Also im not a expert on computers at the moment, so your instructions are hopefully for a novice operator. If you can maybe respond to my email it might be easier. tony_b@live.com.au - Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My presara has version 14 of the map and my mum's car (Lexus) has version 13 of the map, since they both use the same map i thought i would try burning the dvd and see if it works. I went out and bought DVD+R Dual layer disc 5 for 17 bucks (its expensive but i cbf shopping around) at Big W and then used Nero to copy the DVDs. The original copy is 5.85 Gb and copying the disc took about 35 minutes (burns at only 2x on my burner). Then i placed the burnt copy in the lexus and once it read the DVD it began updating the system and it took about 15 seconds and voila checking the map version again and its version 14 and it works!

Compressed it only is 1.3 gb. PM me for details :whistling:

Hi Yakuza, I have downloaded .rar file for V14 for my 03 Camry, it was 1.3gb compressed then 5.28gb when i uncompressed it. I have nero 8, it didnt work after attempting it on 4 discs. Another forum advises that it will only work on nero 6 or lower, so i tried this on my friends pc as nero 6 is not compatible on Vista. It still didnt work. Im using a Dual Layer DVD it just keeps saying insert a map dvd on the screen. Is there anyway you can assist me please. Also im not a expert on computers at the moment, so your instructions are hopefully for a novice operator. If you can maybe respond to my email it might be easier. tony_b@live.com.au - Thanks in advance.

Try burning your downloaded image onto a DL Verbatim disc using Imgburn. I was successful.

• 3 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have a link to download V14 or a torrent link for the same? If I could get it and burn it, then I would gladly share it. $400 is way to steep for me..... :help::ph34r:

Edited by abacab

Does anyone have a link to download V14 or a torrent link for the same? If I could get it and burn it, then I would gladly share it. $$00 is way to steep for me..... :help::ph34r:

V15 is out now, we should be trying to get a copy of this?

Does anyone have a link to download V14 or a torrent link for the same? If I could get it and burn it, then I would gladly share it. $$00 is way to steep for me..... :help::ph34r:

Agreed... so who out there is willing to place a link or torrent to get V15?

I know this is a BIG ask, so I am happy to get V14, but V15 would be the antz pantz.... :D :whistling:

Agreed... so who out there is willing to place a link or torrent to get V15?

I know this is a BIG ask, so I am happy to get V14, but V15 would be the antz pantz.... :D :whistling:

This antz pantz you are talking about... how do I obtain a pair?

I too am interested in getting V15 but am too tight to pay full price.

I would be tempted to hire a presara so I could burn a copy of the latest map but I don't have a dual layer burner.

You could hire the Presara and swap the map dvd. If the place has a high turnover rate of renters, they might not event know who it was who swapped out the dvd. :P

You could hire the Presara and swap the map dvd. If the place has a high turnover rate of renters, they might not event know who it was who swapped out the dvd. :P

What if you were getting the car with the one I put in ? :toast:

By the way, Toyota maps are not really good, my wife's much cheaper Mio can tell me turn at "the second left", not "then turn left" which was a wrong turn.

BH

Edited by BanHien

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone can help me ???? i have the same problem with Newbie I have downloaded .rar file for V14 for my 03 Camry, it was 1.3gb compressed then 5.28gb when i uncompressed it. I have nero 8, it didnt work after attempting it on 4 discs. Another forum advises that it will only work on nero 6 or lower, so i tried this on my friends pc as nero 6 is not compatible on Vista. It still didnt work. Im using a Dual Layer DVD it just keeps saying insert a map dvd on the screen. Is there anyway you can assist me please

i will appreciate that if who can give me the right download link.

thanks

thanks a lot my email xzlzxzlz@hotmail.com

if some one will give me a copy i will pay for it!!!!

Edited by xzlzxzlz

Ahhh, the joy of having aftermarket mapping. iGO8 FTW. And it's only < 200MB.

With this amount of fumbling around, everyone who wants the new maps for the Presara should put in a small contribution each and someone should hire a Presara and copy the DVD.

• 3 weeks later...

For those still looking for the latest version of their whereis maps, I suggest you try looking at your local computer swap meet.

I went there today and there were at least three vendors selling the latest version of the maps and all for a very very reasonable price ;)

For those still looking for the latest version of their whereis maps, I suggest you try looking at your local computer swap meet.

I went there today and there were at least three vendors selling the latest version of the maps and all for a very very reasonable price ;)

great news. thanks mate! you are awesome! can you tell me where you saw the whereis map dvd and how much they sell it ? PM me OR GIVE ME A EMAIL XZLZXZLZ@HOTMAIL.COM

thanks

Will using a burnt/copied version of V15 void your car warranty?

Can you put in the original disc when you are getting it serviced?

The guy selling it said that V15 is only 2.92GB while V14 was over 5GB!!!

Can someone confirm that this is true?

The guy selling it said that V15 is only 2.92GB while V14 was over 5GB!!!

Can someone confirm that this is true?

Can't see why it would. It's only software. You can always put your old disc back in at any time?

It's only 3GB though he says while older versions were huge!! So I am not sure that is the correct size?

The current V15 is indeed only 3GB. From memory I believe that V14 was over 5GB. When inserted in the DVD slot a message appears stating that the system is being updated. The disc then remains in the unit and runs as normal. I have noted that one or two new local roads that were not shown on the previous version are now present. On the question of the disparity in program sizez, I can only assume that the unit has some inbuilt RAM.

I picked up V15 from a .....place... :P last weekend for a handy price. Worked like a charm in the ZR6, it has new roads n stuff now, but there isnt much of an update between v14 and 15. I'll tell ya that now.