17" rims on my camry??

bassposse

ok so its almost time for me to upgrade my rims

so the car is a 1991 toyota camry sv21 sedan. it is lowered 2 inch's

it came out with 195/65r14 i upgraded to 205/55r15 (insurance stoped me from going bigger)

but now i am wanting to upgrade to 17" rims i got in touch with Tempe Tyres and they said

the size would be 215/40r17

But what i need to know is what are the Pro's and Con's of putting 17" rims on this model camry (scrbbing/rubbing ride quality speedo reading etc...) as i asked tempe tyres in the E-mail but they never answer that question they just told me what the size's would be they wont tell me about any issues i might run into or is my speedo will be out at all

these are my choices that i like what ones do u all think would look sweet on the camry

Vault Deville

Gestalt Virouge GV-2

Polo Triumph

Vault Estrella

Verde Synergy

Rex Ca$h

Verde Stilletto

Gestalt Virouge GV-1

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_by_c...un+Wheel+Wizard

please any help will be great

Guy....

17's will fit on your car without scrubbing so long as they are the right offset...

Being lowered 2 inches, rolling the rear guards would probably be a good idea as a precauction however...

Tempe suggested 215/40/R17 tyres but you could also get 205/40/R17 tyres fitted to the rim, but they would only go on a 17x7 size wheel... 17x7.5 will most likely require 215 Profile tyres...

The tyre size that they suggested is the closest to your standard rolling diameter, will change the speedo reading slightly, check it while driving against another car with stock rims and see what the difference is then keep that in mind for when a speed camera comes up...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 17 inch wheels on my Gen4 Camry, with lowered kings springs.

Offset is +35 and the wheels are 7 inch wide I think. 235/45/17 tyres.

I had my guards rolled previously as I was on coilovers so they rubbed.

but 17 inches on your camry should not be a problem provided your car is not lowered too low.

Post a pic of your car?

215/35/18 on 18x7.5 will fit perfectly if in the right offset... so naturally if you get 215/40/17 17x7 they should fit perfectly too... (FishMan) already has 17x7 with 215/45/17 and he's got a 2" drop on his gen2 with no scrubbing.... so as long as you got the right offset then u got nothing to worry bout

I miss my days with SV21. I had it lowered with King lows and some monroe shocks. my friend said I drive much more aggresive than my Corolla Sportivo.

oh SV21 comes with 17" as a standard equipment, but they put it on the steering wheel.

here is a picture with my camry sitting on 17's i havent had any problems with rubbing/scrubbing at all

size is 215/40R17 and the camry is 2 inch lower then standard but dosent look like it so its still not low enough lol

what do u all think....

post-3352-1187349154_thumb.jpg