Fujitsu Ten

Zeus

I have a 1998 CSI Camry but it needs a new head unit. The previous owner had installed a Pioneer CD player, but the detachable face clips broke (just crappy parts). Anyway I'm really wanting to get back the standard factory one, but can't find one anywhere! Toyota tells me that they have just made them obsolete, and don't stock any at all. So if anyone knows of somewhere I can get one, don't hesitate to tell me! It's a Fujitsu Ten radio cassette (standard in all 1998-1999 CSI's)

I had a CD and tape player in mine as stock... Im pretty sure it said Fujitsu,

if i can find it and you know how to kill the security coding on it (cause its been out for a while and i cant remember it) and wanna pay frieght, u can have it. its out of a 99 Camry Conquest.

Dont know if that will help, Ill have a look tonite anyways.

Otherwise try maybe some wreckers

www.findapart.com.au

I've got a Fujitsu Ten radio cassette out of a 97 Corolla, if I remember correctly it looks the same as the Camry of the day, can't remember security code on it though, but it's been sitting in the bottom of my cupboard since I got a CD headunit a couple of years ago

Whereabouts are you?

BTW, there's one on eBay at the moment from a 1996 Camry, including harness

eBay Fujistu Ten Camry radio

I have a photo of what it looks like exactly, but for some reason the forum won't let me upload images. I'm not sure if the 1996 Camry or the 1997 Corolla one's would fit. It might fit in the dash but the pins and sockets tend to vary. But the one from the 99 Camry Conquest could work. Did you say it was a CD and tape player? I thought the 99 Conquest had just a tape deck? My grandparents have a 99 Conquest and it's just got a Fujitsu Ten AM/FM radio cassette. I don't know the first thing about correcting the security code, but I could find someone who does. Maybe even CMI Toyota could do it, I don't know. I live in SA, I'd be interested in buying it off you if it worked. Probably not yet though.

Edit: I can't find a single wrecker that has even ONE Camry.

Edited by Zeus

Why dont you just buy an Eclipse CD player ? Eclipse is made by fujitsu ten who makes the OEM stuff for toyotas. Otherwise wreckers would be the go but you dont know how good or bad they are.

wreckers = best friend :D

wat do you mean u can't find any wreckers with camrys... just yesterday i got a front bar, rear bar, corner light and bonnet for my mom's gen4 camry... where bouts are u? maybe i can help... oh wait omg... i'v got my mom's old fujitsu deck... i'll try to find it... it's off a 1998 CSI 4cyl and i'v got the code for it

Edited by d_ice

Just a thought... if u currently have a pioneer deck in there with pioneer plugs... why not upgrade the pioneer deck with another one.... pretty sure they are not all bad... dont know which model u had that broke apart... (nothing lasts forever)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry bro i can't seem to find the deck :( ur best option is to go to the wreckers... open up ur local yellow pages n call em all one by one ;) but some of them (if you don't know them) are so tight that u'r better off just getting a cd player... i bought a cassette player from repco last year and it only cost me $30 brand new so that's another option

• 7 months later...
yeah Eclipse headunits are nice!! :toast:

--------------------------------------------

camryow9.jpg

Hi, getting off the subject a little where can I get those headlights from? they look great.

try ebay mate....most of tht stuff can be found at the US ebay sites.....