OK Guys... little help

Hey guys,

I plan on purchasing a Sportivo in the next month or so and after reading the forums have noticed there are a few niggling issues with the sportivo. Some that i can think of that i have read are:

Gear Selector Cables

Brake Noise

Dash Noise

So... just wondering if you guys can give me a short description of the problems experienced with your sportivo and whether or not they have been fixed so i know what to look out for.

Cheers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few probs with the car but not sure if the fixes are permanent.

My car has the vibration in da dash which is linked to the gear selector cable. I've got it booked for the 6th Jan to get that fixed. Also the braking noise only occurs sometimes, mostly when the car has been sitting there for a while and then u go to reverse it. They are the main problems. Other than that, it is a sik ***** car! :)

I have found that the vibrations in the dash come gradually - Mine started off barely noticeable, but now is progressed to an irritating level that you can really notice it as it competes with the radio.

I contacted toyota australia about it and got a reply that there won't be a recall on the vehicle to have it fixed, and that we should report it to the dealership who will then log the problem with toyota technical services.

If it's a gradual thing....

then..can't it be tightened or something shock obsorbed....

just means something is loose..which means it can be tightened..right?

or is it not as simple as that. <_<

the gear selector cable is the one that goes from the gear stick to the actual mechanical 'thingy' that changes the gears.

does anyone know WHY it's faulty?

Like...the technical reasons why.

Hey guys...this is my first post here, so hi :D

I picked up my Sportivo from the dealer a couple of days ago...had a Sat. Nat. unit fitted as an extra...working fine until last night, it will not start/light up/operate/nothing, can't even get audio to come on. Blank Screen. It seemed to stop working after I stalled the car *blush*

I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to get it looked at but being Jan. 1st today I was hoping someone may be able to suggest some possible solutions?

Thanx in advance.

Blank Screen. It seemed to stop working after I stalled the car *blush*

thought: i'm sure L-Rec said it seemed to stop working after he stalled it....

hmmm...maybe i had to much to drink... ;)

stalled: meaning...make the engine turn off...right??

Took my car for the first 1000 kilometre service today for the vibrating noisy dash, and handbrake adjustment.

Funny thing was that the dude at the service desk asked if I had modified it with for example 17 inch wheels - I said no its stock standard. I get the impression that he was going to void my warranty or something... if I did.

Anyway, hope they can fix the annoying vibration noises - that's what really concerns me at the moment.

Bit.

Yeh I did mention it all went kaput after I stalled. It was working fine before that. But I doubt there is any relationship. That's what I mean. Just find it weird that is just does not operate anymore. I'm clueless on electronics.

I'm taking it in to the dealer on Monday to have a have look. Its probably something simple like a reset switch. I dunno *shrug*.

Just picked up my car and all the problems have been fixed. :D

Apparently they use some rubber to dampen the gear selector cables vibrations so no need to change them for new ones. I'm glad there is a solution even though its a design problem.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I purchased my sportivo back in september and have literally been contacting toyota every few days for an update as to whats going in with all these bloody issues. Besides probably getting the run around for the first 2 months a few threats to take them to small goods court and seek a refund finally got some bloody action. I've had it in service about 5 times over the last 3 months to fix all these niggly porblems. And everyone other than the management staff have been helpful as the managers have all simply been idiots as soon as i signed the dotted line to take the car. I have had the selector cables changed 3 times, the clutch plate replaced to supposidly stop the grinding noise when changing from 2nd to 3rd (this problem has now gone away) but still that damn rattling. I am booked in for Tuesday 6th to apparently try a new solution or something that toyota technical has come up with as i went to the extent of actually getting one of the toyota technical guys out in the car with me just to show hey this is really ****** people off. So they have rushed something up from melbrourne which they will install on Tuesday will let you know how it goes.

If your wondering i purchased my car from blacktown lander.

Lander Toyota SUCKS BIG HAIRY B@LL$!!!

i bought my levin from them...and after i signed the paperwork...and got the car..

they wouldn't give me the money they owned me for paying off my trade-in.

at one stage..they told me it was coming in the mail for 2 months...and then the finance person ACTUALLY told me to stop callling him...all because..

"you've got a good deal, why do you want more money".....

that was it!

i RANG EVERDAY asking for my money...they owed me $800 or so bucks...

and i finally got the check....after 3 months...

they suck big time!!!!

<_< hahah yeah it seems both penrith and lander have there issues.

if u want a good dealership with great service im telling you guys, you cant go past castle hill.

i bought my car from there and i service it only there.

and i live in penrith so to drive to castle hill for a 9am service is h00j, but damn atleast i have peace of mind and am not ****** off with my service or anything...