07 Corolla Reverse Beep

Hi all,

Have some doubts about my 07 corolla levin sx.

I was reading through the manual and it says theres a warning beep when you shift your gear to reverse but i dont hear anything on my car.

Called the dealer today they said it shouldn't have it and thats a standard for overseas model.

So just wanna see if anyone with the new corolla notice anything. The no beep doesnt bother me but its a good signal of whether the car could have faulty parts.

Thanks

Also, i just notice my car wears a LevinZR badge after driving for weeks. Weird. Does all the SX have the ZR badge on the rear?

I have a 07 Conquest and it definately dosn't have reverse beepers. :)

As I said before, mine is a sedan so it could be different.

There's one more thing, my Corolla has reverse parking sensors, although I don't think that affects it. The reason I think this is because the manual says there should be a beep, and after that beep, it's silent. (unless of course you are within a certain distance of something behind you)

All Sportivos have a reverse beep when you shift the 6 speed manual into reverse. This is so you dont accidently shift into reverse instead of 1st gear which are next to each other on the 6 speed.

All sportivos are also imported from South Africa, so it makes sense that your dealer says it is only on the overseas model. It looks like Toyota Oz decided to bring in all 07 Corollas without the beep, whereas other countries have decided to keep the reverse beep.

no, levin sx's wear the levinSX badge which has the SX in blue..

and levin zr's have the badge with a levinZR badge which has the ZR in red..

so either you've got the wrong car? LOL lucky you.. Or.. it could just been that they have put on the wrong badge during manufacturing ?

i see,

Thanks Gipper, that makes sense. What was the reason for discontinue of sportivo anyway?

so anyone know about the badge thing?. Were there a proper SX badge or all Levin wears the ZR badge?

Last time I checked, they discontinued the VVTL-i 1.8L engined vehicles because they weren't going to meet emissions requirements.

no, levin sx's wear the levinSX badge which has the SX in blue..

and levin zr's have the badge with a levinZR badge which has the ZR in red..

so either you've got the wrong car? LOL lucky you.. Or.. it could just been that they have put on the wrong badge during manufacturing ?

I wish they gave me a ZR with optitron and HIDs and various other cool stuff. But its just an SX with a red ZR badge. But thats a nice little extra already..hahah

saw a couple of car with ZR badge today in the city but i cant see inside the dash wheather they have optitron or it just another misbadged car.

Toyota probably ran out of badges..lol

i see,

Thanks Gipper, that makes sense. What was the reason for discontinue of sportivo anyway?

so anyone know about the badge thing?. Were there a proper SX badge or all Levin wears the ZR badge?

Last time I checked, they discontinued the VVTL-i 1.8L engined vehicles because they weren't going to meet emissions requirements.

Is it true that the car also has alot of issues and problems?