how to remove toyota emblem?

hotboxcivic

hi guys, i've de-badged my car using the hair-drying + turps & a good car wash after, but i want to get the toyota emblems sprayed to match the colour of my car. does anyone know how to remove the front and rear ones? i have the current model rolla and there's alot of plastics i have to remove to get behind the emblem, and i'm hoping they'll just pop off.

any help would be appreciated.

for the back, i would try opening up the hatch and removing the panels from inside.. just to see if there are in fact plastic clips holding it in place. if the emblem isnt bolted/screwed/clipped in, then its just a case of using fishing wire and some heat to warm up the glue/tape in order for easier removal.

i think there a few pins/clips on the emblem itself, just going off what Honda has on their badges.

i'll give toyota parts a call and see if there are any clips that are holding it in and i'll try the hair dryer and fishing line, hopefully i don't snap anything off..

Remove the front grille and you'll get the front badge off pretty easy...

Remove the tailgate trim on the inside and you'll see the locator pins from the rear badge... Melt the glue and remove the badge by pulling it and pushing the pins from the inside...

Or, you could just buy brand new ones, get them painted and then don't stress if you damage the old ones... I think they'll only be around $30 each or you could search ebay and find them much cheaper...

• 2 months later...