Used Fleet cars

sionghua

I prefer to have the cars inspected by my mechanic on a hoist. Auction cars can't be test driven and carry considerable risk because of that.

I agree with Sionghua....always proceed with caution with Auctions (Nil Waranty from the Auction site and most likely low or nil registration).

If you were considering the Auction path, do your homework and purchase something that still lies under the original motor vehicles waranty...ie nearing 3-4 years depending on the manufacturer. You are able to start the engine and inspect...and thats about it prior the hammer.

Brad

Yeah I bought my car at the auction and did not get a chance to test drive it.

On the day I collected it I was praying that there would be no serious trouble with it and thankfully it was largely ok. Needed a service and timing belt change badly though...and a good interior clean.

The only other option if you want to have the chance to have a mech view the car before you buy it would be to check out used car yards that take in and sell fleet vehicles...even though these vehicles might be bought by the car yard at an auction anyway, and the dealer would then place his cost on top of the car plus his margin in the sale price, warranty etc I would imagine...

Yeah I bought my car at the auction and did not get a chance to test drive it.

On the day I collected it I was praying that there would be no serious trouble with it and thankfully it was largely ok. Needed a service and timing belt change badly though...and a good interior clean.

The only other option if you want to have the chance to have a mech view the car before you buy it would be to check out used car yards that take in and sell fleet vehicles...even though these vehicles might be bought by the car yard at an auction anyway, and the dealer would then place his cost on top of the car plus his margin in the sale price, warranty etc I would imagine...

I will never go to car yard again, those people are scumbags.