Portable or incar GPS

DrivInGScHool

TOM TOM 710

really handy very reliable just need to know how to use it n yer

apparently..

i read alot b 4 i bought one and tom tom 710 and 910 are rated very high

and i had alot of ppl telling me to go tom tom so i listened and it was the best for the money

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote here for the Tom Tom unit.

Just be careful when leaving the car in a public area to not only remove the unit from view, but also the suction caps etc that are used to attach it to the windscreen or dash.

There have been a lot of smash and grab robberies of late with thieves targetting cars with portable GPS units. It seems many people remove the unit and hide it in a glovebox, but leave the suction caps there. This is an invitation to thieves to smash a window and go looking for the unit. Even if they don't find the gps, you still end up with a hefty repair bill.

Another vote here for the Tom Tom unit.

Just be careful when leaving the car in a public area to not only remove the unit from view, but also the suction caps etc that are used to attach it to the windscreen or dash.

There have been a lot of smash and grab robberies of late with thieves targetting cars with portable GPS units. It seems many people remove the unit and hide it in a glovebox, but leave the suction caps there. This is an invitation to thieves to smash a window and go looking for the unit. Even if they don't find the gps, you still end up with a hefty repair bill.

x2!

that's why when you see a GPS system for sale on eBay (mostly the portable ones) make sure they have the CD-ROM or Instruction booklet. If they don't have them then it's abit suss/stolen <_<

----------------

I would go with Tomtom or Navman. Tomtom is better in my opinion. Also try get a system with "Traffic info" (they information is not available in Australia, but it will around December for Brisbane Area (if i'm not wrong) & hopefully by next year, it will be available all over Australia)

Currently i'm using my Nokia N73 for my GPS (Tomtom software). It is very handy and also the bluetooth GPS receiver lasts over 23hrs.

Have heard of a few being stolen from the car .. while in the mount or in the glove box.

Thieves may look for suction cups (OR EVEN MARKS!) on your windscreen before they break into your car.

Just a thought.

----------------

I would go with Tomtom or Navman. Tomtom is better in my opinion. Also try get a system with "Traffic info" (they information is not available in Australia, but it will around December for Brisbane Area (if i'm not wrong) & hopefully by next year, it will be available all over Australia)

Currently i'm using my Nokia N73 for my GPS (Tomtom software). It is very handy and also the bluetooth GPS receiver lasts over 23hrs.

I have a O2 IIs and a bluetooth receiver but can't find software .... where did you get it ?

Edited by DrivInGScHool

If you happen to have a PSP, it'll only cost you another $40 for a GSP antenna, Software are free online ;)

I got 02 XDA IIS and nicely found software for it ...including Homer Simpson GPS Voice . get my updated GPS reciever tomorrow ....32 channels/bluetooth ..... Uhhgggghhhh !!!

hey dude!

i deal with this stuff alot at work is kinda my area.

umm wat are u looking for in one

u can get the navman f40 which does everything a gps does theses days and also gives u bluetooth phoning system in it.

then there is a navman n40i and n60i both of these have bulit in 1.8mp cameras bulit in and once again does the same features as usual gps do, but the n60i have a bigger screen and also have a 2gb HDD built into it which is pretty crazy and advance. then there are others like tomtom etc but i totally recommend navman. but overall i would recommend the n40i which isnt too too advance but does some pretty hi tech stuff

any more questions go ahead!

ps the beauty of one is that they can tell u were speed cameras are located

Thanks dude's for suggestions ... my handhald pocket pc is running TomTom 6.1 using Holux 32channel Bluetooth GPS .. works perfect ... so i can still use my mobile phone seperate or use the sim card i put in the handheld pc