Are we all dyslexics?

Alberto Michelatti

Aoccidrng to a Cbmadirge Uvinsretiy pforsseor, it deos not mttaer waht is the suqecnee in wcih the ltteres aeppar in a wrod, the olny iopmatrnt tnihg is taht the fsrit and the lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pcale. The ruselt can seem vrey cfnoesud and dpsetie all you can raed whtiuot mnay pbormels. This is due to the fcat taht hamun mnid dno't raed erevy sgnile ltteer, but the orevlal wrod. Ciruuos, no?

nofear.gif

Alberto.

Edited by Alberto Michelatti

yea... learnt this in my teaching course...

we overlook the spelling mistakes to read what it meant 2 say.

Or we know the story off by heart and therefore can recite it almost verbatim without even reading it

This thing is incredibly old, and incredibly already known by everyone

Or we know the story off by heart and therefore can recite it almost verbatim without even reading it

umm.. i 4 one wouldnt remember this crap verbatim.. and i didnt really knwo bout it before i started studying teaching.

umm.. i 4 one wouldnt remember this crap verbatim.. and i didnt really knwo bout it before i started studying teaching.

Thats why I said _almost_. I don't know it word for word, but the instant I see it I know what its going on about, as I've seen it sooooooo many times before. Even the first time I saw it I wasn't that impessed

cool. I've never heard of this before and i read the passage without any problems. I reakon it's not the first and last letter of the word, but rather, the first and last letter that makes up each syllable. Hmmm... cool trivia to know. =)

Thats why I said _almost_. I don't know it word for word, but the instant I see it I know what its going on about, as I've seen it sooooooo many times before. Even the first time I saw it I wasn't that impessed

Your such a negative person, did you get bullied in school?

I'm not negative, just a realist. I've been around the world a few times (both physically and metaphorically) so I've seen and heard a lot of things, and I've done a lot of reading. Things like this (and in fact a lot of what Alberto posts) irritate me because they seem oblivious to the fact that it's incredibly old news (or not even news, such as an urban legend that has long been proven false), that probably everyone with a Hotmail address has had forwarded to them sometime in the last 5-10 years.

And no, I didn't get bullied. One of the advantages of going to an academically selective high school.

i believe i play nice!? most of the time i post so i can contribute something to the topic or ask questions relating to the topic. but it does irritate me when people judge others while having nothing else to contribute to the conversation.

wow. I didn't realise this was such a touchy subject. I honestly have never heard of this before and I seriously had no problems reading the passage.

btw, being accepted into an academicly selective high school means you're good at passing exams... you should know by now that this has no bearing on ones ability to handle life's challenges that don't involve "study, remember, regurgitate". And yes, i am a public school rascal so there's no need to ask. =)

wow. I didn't realise this was such a touchy subject. I honestly have never heard of this before and I seriously had no problems reading the passage.

btw, being accepted into an academicly selective high school means you're good at passing exams... you should know by now that this has no bearing on ones ability to handle life's challenges that don't involve "study, remember, regurgitate". And yes, i am a public school rascal so there's no need to ask. =)

Oh trust me I know that, Merewether High students have some of the highest rates of depression in the state. Fortunately, I managed to avoid that. I also stopped being naive in year 8 (one of my best moves, in hindsight), which greatly altered my outlook on things

LMAO :lol: :lol:

most of the time i post so i can contribute something to the topic or ask questions relating to the topic. but it does irritate me when people judge others while having nothing else to contribute to the conversation.

:clap: :clap:

That is all :)

PS thanks for sharing Alberto

Edited by DHC09

Oh trust me I know that, Merewether High students have some of the highest rates of depression in the state. Fortunately, I managed to avoid that. I also stopped being naive in year 8 (one of my best moves, in hindsight), which greatly altered my outlook on things

If you're implying that i'm naive, then you're right. It must be a public school-boy trait =)

From the sounds of things, you have a personal story attached to the passage in question. why don't you share so as others will not be suckered into believing that which you are so strongly against? (Instead of just patronising all those that comment on this thread)

If you're implying that i'm naive, then you're right. It must be a public school-boy trait =)

From the sounds of things, you have a personal story attached to the passage in question. why don't you share so as others will not be suckered into believing that which you are so strongly against? (Instead of just patronising all those that comment on this thread)

No, I'm not implying that you're naive. Whether you are or aren't is to be decided by yourself (kinda like sexuality, but without the gay-ness).

And no, I don't have a personal story attached to the OP's passage. I just am annoyed at his numerous posting of things which have debatable contribution towards a forum based on car ownership and modification, and is mostly just re-posts of other websites, spam emails or long-busted urban legends, with little or no personal opinion attached to it. This has been raised recently in another thread. In addition, he starts a thread and then rarely returns to post in it. According to his profile, he's made 51 topics and only 77 posts. Since each of those topics counts as a post, that is a grand total of 16 posts that aren't topics, and a good portion of those were in the 9/11 conspiracy thread

This is no disrespect to Alberto as a person. For all I know, he's a great guy, but he's a lousy forum-er

Edited by Hiro Protagonist