IT DIED。。。 this is shrine to ae86 (これはAE八六の神社)

Guest delete

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dong-soo

amazingly we got 3 parking spots together in chugoku shi (chinatown).

it wasnt really a meet or anything, just me and my friend Su (owner of www.ae86.cn) and my friend bernard decided to go eating so we had a little cruise through the city.

the new engine goes well.. i hauled azz against a worked manual ba xr6 today ~~ haha !!

basically a fully rebuilt smallport with: head shaved, 0.5mm trd gasket, trd extractors, light flywheel, safc II computer, exhaust, air intake and some other things (cant remember them all) ... iif i become single, im gonna do quad throttles and some cams.

car is good for driving around, but gf is the source of all my money now days.... hence why mr kaze stivo rarely sees me at cydus now days haha !!

although i did see your car the other day steve ! :)

Guest dong-soo

lol at /bow ^__^ hehe thankyou.

oh i am looking at doing a brake upgrade soon... from http://www.hoppers.com.au/

I have heard you can get a package from hoppers stoppers which use twin piston falcon calipers and camry master...

the thing i will need to research with this idea is UNSPRUNG WEIGHT... it could be bad. depending on weight i may or may not do this kit.

another thought it break clearance, the rims i run are 14x7 with a positive 8 offset, surely the brakes will clear these rims.... i hope >__< ke ke

i do not want to affect the way the sterring and suspensions is working.

whenever i get time (in 2 weeks or so) i will phone call them.

the possibility of a cheap and affective brake set up sounds great.

Guest dong-soo

my auto electrician FAILS at life.

not only did he take 7 weeks and EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS to do what is apparently 4 hours of work... now i had electrical probs today.

whole car lost power for a second while driving.. yes whole car (cd player and clock reset as well as fuelpump cutting out)

also 4 months ago the aftr it was wired, the car made almost no poer and air fuel mitures were F***ed... turned out he wired the TPS really crazily... i fixed it on my own...

then a week later his "awesome" joining plugs in the tps failed and one came out... the car ran stupidly rich and made no power.. i pulled over after a short driving of it and ended up diagnose the prob myself and fix it tempoarily, then i taken the tps wiring out and made new joining and plugs myself.

but yah... now its having electrical probs.... *****.

rant over ^__^

Guest dong-soo

will take it to a hard working auto electrician to have it fixed asap.

im interested to trade my trueno for a EG civic with a b16a or b18c... anyone know of one ??

FF is way of the future.

Guest dong-soo
will take it to a hard working auto electrician to have it fixed asap.

im interested to trade my trueno for a EG civic with a b16a or b18c... anyone know of one ??

FF is way of the future.

No I'm not letting you...

gud dammit, now i cant.

if bADbOYz doesnt approve... then im staying with the trueno rofl !! :P

i thought about a sportivo, but cost is still higher than i want to spend on a car >__<

integra R would be nice, but once again price is more than i am prepared to pay.

althought i have yet to see the full potential of my trueno.... i am having a hard time looking past a b18c/b16a civic eg.... -__-'

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

The money you spend on a new car you can put to just as good a use to this one man. They're bulletproof if you get a decent setup going. If you said you wanted to upgrade to a GTR, STi, evo or something like that, then I'd understand.

I know people that would kill to have your car as a basis to work from lol. Me included. I've always had two cars listed to have as projects later on in life. It's either going to be an R32 GTR, or Trueno. I've never swayed from that.

Guest dong-soo

its funny you mention the GT-R...

one side of me is trying to stay light weight NA, and the other is fighting for an easy car like GT-R.. if i were to get one it would be r32 as it has always been a dream of mine to own.

i keep thinking ae86 or eg civic, but then i think how easy gt-r is compared to these 2 cars.

lately i am used to the ae86 and i know there is A LOT more i can still learn from this car.. that is what keeps me holding on to ae86.. that and the chinatown resepct u get parking your trueno infront of a restaurant.. keke.... lol but seriously i will keep this car as long as i feel i am still learning with it.

the chassis of ae86 works amazingly well even compared to new cars, the only thing is lately i am used to its new power, so i feel it is lacking once again. in corners and even on a straight, if u downshift to the corect gear for its powerband, it is quicker than a lot of cars (you would be surprised).. but like with a sportivo or integra type R, you REALLY have to drive these hard to get good performance from them.

i may proberly stick with ae86 and in the future drop the compression back down to 10.3:1 (currently sits at 11.1:1 from shaved head and 0.5mm trd gasket) and rinning a high compression low boost turbo set up so that i have some decent power below 4500rpm.

one thing i do like about my smallport is the broard power band, it builds decent power at 4500 all the way to redline of 8000... although having driven a lot of vtec in my time, it does feel it is lacking top end push that vtec can deliver.

basically as a car the only thing i can fault is there lack of power. i think i will try change to a 4.5ratio diff and add some midrange cams (investigating 260ish or 272s at the moment)... this should help a lot i think.... but smallport engine is bacially a 4agze without a supercharger and forgetd low comp pistons, so i think the engine would work quiet well as a turbo set up... i cant decide.

what is other peeps feelings ??

hehe sorry for the long thoughtful post... i just couldnt keep this off my mind.

Guest dong-soo

today the ignition was working properly for some time (ie 30 mins) and the car felt quiet quick again.

ignition and electrical probs 100 parcent fixed

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

Guest fujiwara_tofu

l_735272bc5321565ba9d6d1f0852c1200.jpg

l_cbcafab6d2e460829e5088a7cdcbc5f7.jpg

l_a693ae0eb7a3140d48ba160748081e85.jpg

resized pics from last night

it was ma first tocau cruise that i attened.

i had a great time and all the members are cool and know there stuff about toyota.

was a good night, cant wait for another meet... although i can not make the meet tomorrow for mountain cruise (sailing and hang with gal)

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

Guest fujiwara_tofu

zomfg this car is dumbazz.. lol

in stupid maintenances and bad luck it has cost me roughly 890 dollars wasted..

be it batery explode from shorting on bonet (and the voltage destroying my gps), or fuel lines ****** out fuel (and having to spend 170 dollars in fuel to drive like 10kms home to fix it) or brand new plug leads "breaking", exhaust bolts comming off and being over charged for new ones... and many more probs, now last night a rear tyre blows...

basically it sucks to be me in the last month (life is great, except for car life lol)

today i went to some "fulli sik br0" tyre place (only place that stocked the tyre i wanted) and they taken an hour to fit a tyre to a rim... then gave me the rim and told me it would take an hour and a half before they fit it.. wtf so i changed the wheel in there carpark myself... what a waste because they cash i payed includes fitting and balancing, ie fitting wheel to the car also.

lesson learned... whilst 14 inch rims may be "period correct" for an ae86... they are rediculously hard to get good tyres for. maybe it is time to upgrade to 15inch rims, imho they look too big for an ae86, but tyre choise is plentiful and always stocked.

..... i hate sprinter trueno's... >__<'''

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

Guest fujiwara_tofu

might looket importing a set of RS Watanabes, in rwd offset of course.

i have the "cibie" foglights (ones used on initial d canto movie) lol.

this will take some time, girls are first, cars are second now days ^__^

hey champ you have done a great job! you should be a cheapskate and get yourself some bigport cams they make a bit of difference and id just be careful with your flywheel as they become dangerous when they have been lightened.. some cases they rip apart and they can easily take someones leg off. its happened

Guest fujiwara_tofu

yah i had circles cut in the outer area where the durability isnt needed as much... was very careful with this mod as i have heard "the stories" lol.

already have the bigport cams actually... i think peak power is 7200 stock on a smallport... with the bigport cams and 4into1 extractors i would say it shifts a little higher to 7500 or so.

Guest fujiwara_tofu

these are as good as mine i think... around 9 weeks time tho

ryosuke214img600x450120jo4.jpg

tofu store much ??

will get repainted of corse lol

Edited by fujiwara_tofu