Best Fuel for Aurion's

canooch

OK, I have tryed BP Ultimate, and Shell V-Power. I am now using Shell V-Power Racing and can definately feel the difference, much smoother and has a better pick up on excelleration, but let me tell you, you are paying for it. When I went to fill up three days ago, Shell V-Power Racing was at $1.54.

I found BP Ultimate to be better than Shell V-Power, but without a doubt V-Power Racing to be the best(mainly city driving). Yet to try Vortex and Mobil.

As i said in my posts above i found Shell V-Power racing to be the best fuel for my driving anyway....

Everytime i have filled up it has been $1.54 and ive got an actual fleet card as opposed to a branded card and it lets me fill up with V-Power Racing....hooray

I have yet to try these fuels on an Aurion but from My experience...

Best to worst IMO is.

V-Power Racing (Shell Optimax extreme)

Caltex Vortex

BP Ultimate

V-Power

Synergy 8000

But I am to assume that everyone is going to be different, I know some of these fuels they say they are 98oct but in a test I read a while back ago some of these fuels dont even hit that mark, 1 fuel from What I remember actually read 95-96 octane. I think it was the V-power.

Ive tried

Shell V-Power Racing

Caltex Vortex 98

BP Ultimate

(mainly because i refuse to put anything but premium fuel in my aurion)

But ive had far better results with V-power Racing

i count my fuel from when i fill up, till when the trip computer says 0km cruise range

V-Power Racing 733/7.0/Highway

Caltex Vortex 98 689/7.5/Highway

BP Ultimate 694/7.9/Highway

i found that driving around the city, the fuel type doesnt make that much difference.

After reading your figures, I get abit worried. My Aurion Presara is only doing 592KM after topping up a full tank of Shell V-Power. I am averaging 9.9-10.5L/100KM on the trip computer. It used to do around 630KM before (when it was 3 months old, now it is around 7 months old).

• 3 weeks later...
Shell V-Power Racing will initially be available at selected Coles Express service stations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Canberra.

Thanks for the info - I will try the one at Tulla one day, just for testing. As mentioned in one of my post before, my Shell card can't pay for V-Power Racing, must come out from my pocket.

Regards,

BH

No way I could get less than 10 with my Presara as shown, I give up now:

fuelzz5.gif

My daily 33 km from home to work in the morning, around 55 mins to 1 hour. Same route on the way back takes longer, best time 1 hour 13 minites. Other trips: shopping trips on weekends and few long trips as mentioned above and 2 trips to Ballarat.

I may run with V_Power from now on. I'm happy with 10-11 with rating for Aurion is 9.9.

BH

I'll update my spreadsheet and post that as well because i consistently get much lower readings...

It's most likely due to the distances i drive (i do alot of longer drives than city driving).

And i have been known to "angel gear" down hills.... hehe

My best run is from Melbourne to Canberra @ 6.7... I literally filled up at the Shell with V-Power racing and drove...

Find pic below

post-4861-1194956892_thumb.jpg

As ive said in previous posts, im really happy with the fuel performance of the car, and im not trying to promote V-Power racing, but i seem to get really good results.