2 TRD AURION's have already thrown legs out of bed

xoom

hmmmmmm was talking to a friend @ toyota only to find 2 TRD AURION's they had sold have already decided they werent happy with the power and out popped a leg ...... bye bye engine block ..... hmmmmm not good

hmmmmmm was talking to a friend @ toyota only to find 2 TRD AURION's they had sold have already decided they werent happy with the power and out popped a leg ...... bye bye engine block ..... hmmmmm not good

I would be leaning towards driver abuse....I would imagine that TRD/Toyota/Eaton would have done fair amount of R&D and to have 2 fail only within few weeks of their release.....

Would seem strange its due to the power, isnt the IS350 engine a variant of the Aurions and TRD Aurion engine... just with direct injection? That is good for 230kw and more importantly 380Nm of torque (not heaps less).

yeah the lexus IS350 has 228kw.

-------------------------

wow only 2 in Aust!? :blink: they're not doing TOO WELL i guess! :whistling:

Will be interesting to see the explaination for the failed rods. There's a write up in 'Wheels' on the testing and development they did, seemed to be pretty extensive and Toyota would not release a car if it wasn't proven to be durable. I really don't think it should be cause for concern.

I would be leaning towards driver abuse....I would imagine that TRD/Toyota/Eaton would have done fair amount of R&D and to have 2 fail only within few weeks of their release.....

mmmmmmmmm yeah righto TRD Stop Sales of Aurion due to faulty Engines.

mmmmmmmmm yeah righto TRD Stop Sales of Aurion due to faulty Engines.

The one that failed was a LOT older than a few weeks, and had sustained a hell of a lot of abuse at the track etc.

At least Toyota's being kind of up front about it, unlike the XR6 turbo's that had to go in for headgasket installation that no-one heard about.

Edited by rollamods