bucket seats

anthoboi

hi guys just wondering,

i just recently installed errr a front strut bar and a rear sway bar onto my autorolla nowadays i been having so much fun doing hard cornering n stuff n i find it very VERY fun.

problem that getts to me the most is ... my car turns very nicely but i dont LOL .... i get thrown around n stuff inside the car everytime i do a turn .. i think the stock chairs arent buckety enuf

just out of curiosity from the minds of street enthusiasts, would it b worth it to invest into some second hand branded bucket seats ? .... and is there n e out there that would support a medium large person? im planning to keep the car for like at least a good couple yrs and when the time comes to say good buy to the rolla im gonna sell it off invidividually..

thanks guys appreciate it

anthony

In the hillclimb yesterday I really noticed how much I need a bucket seat too. Most of the corners are tight right-handers so I had my left foot planted on the foot brace next to the clutch and my whole left leg against the side of the centre console holding all of my weight... very very uncomfortable whilst trying to corner hard.

I can track down some seat rails but where would you get a reasonable bucket seat? I wonder if my car would still be eligible for type 1/2 in the hillclimbs

I can track down some seat rails but where would you get a reasonable bucket seat?

The forum sponsor :P

Just make sure you try before you buy with bucket seats as they all vary in size and shape significantly. Also, if I remember correctly, not all seats come with a metal shield up the back either.

Late edit: There is a Revolution Racegear shop in the ACT (2/196 Gladstone St Fyshwick), you could try there Tayles. They usually have about 7 or so seats you can try out ;) Also, make sure you get a seat that passes FIA rules as I assume the hill climb events you do are run by CAMS.

Edited by SuperDave

Late edit: There is a Revolution Racegear shop in the ACT (2/196 Gladstone St Fyshwick), you could try there Tayles. They usually have about 7 or so seats you can try out ;) Also, make sure you get a seat that passes FIA rules as I assume the hill climb events you do are run by CAMS.

That's where we get our safety stickers from (battery, tow etc) :toast: I think I'll first have to ask SDMA if running a bucket seat is legal in Type 1/2 class, the rules specify "full interior trim" but that could be open to interpretation. Yep everything there is CAMS approved and every car gets scrutineered before the event so it would all have to be non-dodgy :lol: What if I found a Recaro out of something like an Evo from an Import wrecker and fabricated/modified some rails to fit? I think it would all be at the scrutineers' discretion...

We have heaps of Sportivo seats but I don't find them any more supportive than the cloth ones

I looked into this not long back. Problem is a pair of recaro or bride rail will set you back around 600bux shipped, plus the purchase price of the seats makes it very expensive. I looked into getting a pair of SAAS enforcer seats. From what I saw SAAS have very good quality stiching, ADR compliant (not sure what the diff is between that and approved) and come with rails (so it says in their catalaloge) for around 990bux per pair (even less if you bargain or know some1). I'm not sure what they will sit like in the Rolla, but only one way to find out.

Edited by punk_rolla

compliant and approved are two different things. They need to be "ADR approved" if you want any chance of getting them engineered so they're road legal.