my final conclusion and advance timming

Hi guys,

I have made a final conclusion now about my fuel economy vs CAI.

with hiclone or without hiclone, the fuel consumption was ave 6.3 lper 100km in city. So when I CAI to the front grill and reset ecu. The fuel went up to 7.4km after 100kms of driving but the power increase is VERY noticeable so as the intial take offs.

So my conclusion is more power means more fuel(in my case), when more warm air or less air is entered the chamber, the AF tells less fuel added-less fuel consumption therefre less power right.

my final question is how do you guys advance toyotas ignition timming????

I use d to do on Hondas but dnt know about toyota..

Please advisce Thanks

Ps, I am saving up for original air tube that has PROPER air straightner in it..damed me.

So I have 150$ saved for turbo set up.

hey mate, i still don't understand what u are trying to achieve. More power of better fuel economy? Because it seems like u are trying to get both, but unfortunately they don't come hand in hand.

Its like a sliding scale - more power, less economy. Less power, more economy.

Whats the intent of all this work?

As for advancing the ignition timing, u will need an aftermarket or piggyback computer to do the work, big dollars there.

hey mate, i still don't understand what u are trying to achieve. More power of better fuel economy? Because it seems like u are trying to get both, but unfortunately they don't come hand in hand.

Its like a sliding scale - more power, less economy. Less power, more economy.

Whats the intent of all this work?

As for advancing the ignition timing, u will need an aftermarket or piggyback computer to do the work, big dollars there.

thanks Micky. I acheive max power and does not care about the fuel consumption. Or I am doing is an experience.

An ecu reset will return it to dribbling baby status. So if you flog the baby it'll learn bad habits, if you treat it gentle it'll be gentle on fuel it relearns within the first 50-100k's and will continue to respond in the same manner.Contrary to popular belief, computer's aren't smart, they follow a program and respond to approriate variable's.

e.g engine load, throttle position, coolant temp, air intake temp,air intake velocity and so on and so forth.

car's are sent out fresh from the factory reset. then are driven in the local area to accustom the car to avg air tmp, barometric pressure yada yada. once it has chosen it's base variable's it adjust fuel, and timing accordingly to maintain proper fuel mixture or VE volumetric efficiency.

No need to advance timing it'll only kill performance. The ecu advances and retards the engine constantly to control smooth torque and power production. I haven't looked but is the zz series engine Coil on plug or coil pack solid state?

lol

that is all... :help:

thanks everyone. On the weekend, I bought a new AIR box for my previous stuff ups. and also linked a new CAI to thr front gril. a longer tension than stock gives a better buffer air supply. Now car is working beautifully.

Yes, 150$ is not much for now, I have planed for 3 years--till warranty runs out. either turbo or supercharger....when time comes I go the one which is most effortable. What you guys think?

Edited by chopin

lol

that is all... :help:

thanks everyone. On the weekend, I bought a new AIR box for my previous stuff ups. and also linked a new CAI to thr front gril. a longer tension than stock gives a better buffer air supply. Now car is working beautifully.

Yes, 150$ is not much for now, I have planed for 3 years--till warranty runs out. either turbo or supercharger....when time comes I go the one which is most effortable. What you guys think?

If you anything like me after 3 years of saving you will want to buy a new car :) just my thoughts

One I read from Toyota Nation was this triangle thing. Theres afforable, powerful, reliable - you can take any two but not all three. But I think it's more a general term for all car purchasing/modifying

Edited by Seanious

Guest dong-soo
One I read from Toyota Nation was this triangle thing. Theres afforable, powerful, reliable - you can take any two but not all three. But I think it's more a general term for all car purchasing/modifying

ok here it is.....

powerfull and affordable = not reliable.

relable and powerfull = not affordable.

affordable and relable = not powerfull.

keke !! i love this ^__^

ok here it is.....

keke !! i love this ^__^

It would be interesting to make this a poll and see what people around here would choose...

Guest dong-soo

ok here it is.....

keke !! i love this ^__^

It would be interesting to make this a poll and see what people around here would choose...

for ma smallport conversion i did everything properly and replace everything and do some tuning parts ... i choose "reliable and powerfull = not affordable"

>., <;;;

Edited by dong-soo

ok here it is.....

keke !! i love this ^__^

hehe I know its awesome, works so well. Wish i could take credit for it though :ph34r: , use to use ToyotaNation when I drove the Paseo

Guest dong-soo
Reliable and powerful FTMFW

yep its the best...

i followed "world's best practise" philosphy when building mine...

it basically means.......

"who cares about cost.... as long as reliable and goes well"

reliable is da best part imho