cooper S vs stivo

yeah ive been in a cooper S and they are so much better car.

but you cant really compare a na car with that of a forced inducted car.

but anyways, im a stivo owner myself but...

sportivos are really overrated. i dont want this forum to turn out to be ozhodna which thinks all hondas are the king of the road. sportivos are just a na car with a little punch, nothing really special.

just my 2cents.

sportivos r abit overrated by us yes, but is underated by others

thats what u get from other car owners"pttttfffff corolla, SIF "

:D pfft, corolla, sif! that was what every body thought when it first came out, esepcially the SSS, always wanna go for a drag... but... 9.5 out of 10 of them would be left behind by the stivo!

nowadays, people dont look at the stivo as a 'corolla' :D

the kws output has been under rated, but i think the stock chassis and suspension has been over rated, since it was originally designed as a corolla :)

went to the motor show yesterday and they had this mini strike thing where we parked our cars(dunno if its part of the motor show or not). anyways, it was like a course set up and these minis go around doing crazy stuff. i went for a ride and loved it! check it out, it was a cooper S.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

If i got $10 for every Cooper S I have beaten then I'd have $50!! Off the line they have a slight advantage but once your in lift it each gear change you pull away. As for on the move I know which car is waaaaay quicker from 120 -200 :spiteful:

I have driven a works edition and it was very nice to drive but at 60 odd k it would want to be. I remember doing a night run once with some cars from another forum and one was a works edition and he thought his poo didn't stink. Well a sportivo with cusco's(Northy) and myself(koni's,kings, whiteline bars) showed him up quite nicely. i was in fron and Northy was behind and he crossed the centre line and got all out of shape on a few occasions. He told a mate that we were too slow and this and that then we told him that weren't pushing it hard due to a very dirty road covered in leaves and sticks etc.

Anyway my point is that a Works edition is a fast car and it takes a nicely modded Sportivo to keep with one. As for a Cooper S an average modded Sportivo will do one and a stock sportivo with a good driver could and may beat one as well.

A good driver in a Mini may do the same but most of them are either rich girlys trying to attract attention, hairdressers from the top end of town or guys in nerdy professions trying to look sporty. Most of these people can't drive fast or have never been to a race track and proly never will.

exactly silva... And pete the one i raced against on the track and it was a john cooper works mini cooper s and either the driver was slow or they aren't as quick as people make out. As for handling, out of the box they handle nicely but touch any part of the suspension and u start walking a fine kind between nice turn in and severe back of oversteer.

A good driver in a Mini may do the same but most of them are either rich girlys trying to attract attention, hairdressers from the top end of town or guys in nerdy professions trying to look sporty. Most of these people can't drive fast or have never been to a race track and proly never will.

thanks moderator

Edited by shaohaok

thanks moderator

Present company excluded LOL. you just drive like a madman......... :toast:

Guest dong-soo

i agree, most seem not the type to push the car and be a success at driving it properly....

but i think the cooper S torque around town would be good... not having to rev hard etc.

my tuned smallport 4age.... it goes well but i think about all these engines that dont have to rev to make power and torque...

i was driving a v6 the other day... it wasnt as fast as ma ae86.... but... it was juzt so easy !!

if it was for daily i would choose cooper S over stivo... juzt easier car.

:D pfft, corolla, sif! that was what every body thought when it first came out, esepcially the SSS, always wanna go for a drag... but... 9.5 out of 10 of them would be left behind by the stivo!

nowadays, people dont look at the stivo as a 'corolla' :D

the kws output has been under rated, but i think the stock chassis and suspension has been over rated, since it was originally designed as a corolla :)

Lol just on the SSS look what I stumbled across yesterday. Interesting to see what pulsar drivers think of the Stivo http://forum.pulsar.org.au/archive/index.php/t-23408.html

WARNING: May contain anti-toyota posts :rolleyes: