ny1 got pullover?

mill

got caught doing 80 at a 50 zone...damn Im getting my greeen Ps on the 18th...

the officer gave me two tickets, one for speeding $2xx and one for driving without bringing my licence, costs $79

i was on the main road and the cop was hiding in the side street

then i got pullover bcoz i havnt got my licence wif me

so i gave him the info, like d.o.b. address full name

then he got on the car to do some verifications

afta like 5mins, he gave me two tickets in return

n i gotta give him a foto standing next to the car rego number bcoz i havnt got any form of ident.

question is... do i get my licence suspended straight away, or would i receive a letter from the rta just to confirm tht I was the driver?

also...the car isnt under my name, would a letter go around the owners letterbox?

in my case... what do i have to do?

do i have to wait for the verification letter from RTA

or should i just pay the fines at post office? (i got tickets wif me right now)

any of u hav had ur licence suspended? do i have to wait for the letter..?

can i drive now?

Dude...expect to get blasted (or maybe this post ignored) by a few people on here for that. Most people here advocate safe, legal driving - we do not wish to have this community tainted, and portrayed as a bunch of hoons.

Not sure about suspension (anyone else can confirm this??)... im 90% sure that would have been outlined on the tickets. However, youll know for sure when you go to settle the fines at the RTA - you have a time limit to pay them, check the tickets. If so, the RTA staff will ask you to surrender your license.

And yes, a letter will get sent to the address the car is registered to.

after u pay the fine u will recieve a letter in the mail informing u of when your license will be suspended from and for how long

the longer u hold of paying the fine the longer u hold off the suspension

just dont let it go to dept recovery or you will be charged an additional $55 per fine

Edited by pato

bro wait till you get your greens and then pay it... you might still loose your licence but i think not for as long

you can wait till they send you a letter but as soon as you pay them they take the points of your licence pretty much as soon as they recieve it... im not sure if you will losse your licence... i think you will be left with 1 point

did they give you a fine slip... coz if they ddnt that normally means nothing is gonna happen... did they have you on radar coz if they ddnt you could of argued n gotten away because they have to lock you on for 4 seconds on the radar and they hav to show it to you in order to book you but now since they have given you the ticket you cant do anything about it coz its like youve kind of admitted it by not arguing lol if that makes sense

next time drive safe

Edited by JF-GEE4CE

in my case... what do i have to do?

do i have to wait for the verification letter from RTA

or should i just pay the fines at post office? (i got tickets wif me right now)

any of u hav had ur licence suspended? do i have to wait for the letter..?

can i drive now?

you may continue to drive untill u have recieved your letter of suspension

Dude...expect to get blasted (or maybe this post ignored) by a few people on here for that. Most people here advocate safe, legal driving - we do not wish to have this community tainted, and portrayed as a bunch of hoons.

Not sure about suspension (anyone else can confirm this??)... im 90% sure that would have been outlined on the tickets. However, youll know for sure when you go to settle the fines at the RTA - you have a time limit to pay them, check the tickets. If so, the RTA staff will ask you to surrender your license.

And yes, a letter will get sent to the address the car is registered to.

no the letter will be sent to the licensed address. as u were the one commiting the offence not the car.

the rta will not take your license away from u .

u will be able to hold on to it for identification purposes etc

when the suspension period is up u may begin driving immediatly, no need to go to the rta for any reason

bro wait till you get your greens and then pay it... you might still loose your licence but i think not for as long

you can wait till they send you a letter but as soon as you pay them they take the points of your licence pretty much as soon as they recieve it... im not sure if you will losse your licence... i think you will be left with 1 point

did they give you a fine slip... coz if they ddnt that normally means nothing is gonna happen... did they have you on radar coz if they ddnt you could of argued n gotten away because they have to lock you on for 4 seconds on the radar and they hav to show it to you in order to book you but now since they have given you the ticket you cant do anything about it coz its like youve kind of admitted it by not arguing lol if that makes sense

next time drive safe

waiting for his greens, wont really make a difference

he was travelling 30km/h over the speed limit, which is an automatic 3 month suspension, no matter what license u hold.

they wont send a letter to u until u have paid the fine.

unfortunatly ( and dont quote me etc ) if u live in nsw, your gunna get double screwed over.

because of the new red p plate laws. any speeding offence is an automatic 3 months.

plus the automatic 3 months for driving 30km/h over the limit.

that means quite possibly 6 months in total :(

next time drive safe

Im pretty sure you dont get awarded the new license until all outstanding penalties have been paid.

But hey, i may have been proved wrong once already... you can only hope <_<

***.... 6months....

i was rushing to school...

on the speeding ticket, it says "over 15km/h"

does it mean the officer took it easy on me?

he showed me the lidar...it says 80km/h

should I pay for the fine?

coz i thought the rta would send a letter to me asking if i were the driver..

or else, how do they verify if i was telling the truth? or will they take action to the booked vehicle (he marked down the rego num)

should i pay now.. or wait for rta letter..

ahh.. just checked the rta website

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations...s/speeding.html

luckily im in the 'more than 15kmh less than 30kmh' range...

if i did 81kmh i gotta pay $609...thts........

i think i'll get my licence suspending...might be more than 3months..

you were bloody lucky my friend, the cop went easy on u.

my fine was $1550

it only takes one of them to teach u a lesson

Edited by pato

you're right, suspension... whatever

Licence suspension for any speeding offence for P1 drivers and provisional riders.

As a P1 driver or provisional rider you will receive a minimum of four demerit points and have your licence suspended for at least three months if you speed on or after 1 July 2007. A fine is also payable.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettin.../200707_p1.html

Edited by MR22ZZ

just curious - arent the methods of payment shown on the peice of paper the cops gave you?

kinda silly theyd force you to pay these fines and not tell you where you can pay it.

oh yea encounter - "ny1 got pullover?" = anyone got pulled over? didnt take long 4 me to figure that out after reading the first post.. but yea before that i didnt have a clue either hehe

Edited by JJCRU23R

yeh...it says tht i could pay at the post office

but i thought they'd havta verify if i was the driver who got pulled this morning...

im preti sure the rta would send me a letter to confirm that...

not sure whether it'd come after or before the fines have been paid

if it says pay at the post office, then just bring the fine to the post office and pay it.

from memory thats what my brother did when we took dads corolla to the beach a few years back.

he's on his Red Ps which means automatic disqualification... live and learn...

not necessarily, if he puts off paying it for a month and then gains his green p's, then afterwards he can pay for the fine and then lose 3 points (provided that he hasnt commited any offences previously) and have 4 points left and he wont lose his license..

on the fine it will say you have 21 days to make further action by payment, if you dont pay it within the 21 days they will send you a reminder of the fine however the fine will still be the same amount, if you dont pay the fine within the further 21 days given as a reminder afterwards the fine will be increased with a 3rd reminder

if the cop didnt cut him some slack and actually booked him for the offense he commited "30km/h over the limit but no more than 45km/h" then it would be a suspension regardless of what type of license you hold..

Edited by OMG-16V

i think he charged me with this: "More than 15 km/h but not more than 30 km/h"

on the ticket it says, more than 15kmh

and it's $238 if it was the next range "mor dan 30 less than 45" it'd be 609$

which i nearly got myself into tht... if i did 1kmh more...

i was doing 80...fortunately/unfortunately

i think he charged me with this: "More than 15 km/h but not more than 30 km/h"

on the ticket it says, more than 15kmh

and it's $238 if it was the next range "mor dan 30 less than 45" it'd be 609$

which i nearly got myself into tht... if i did 1kmh more...

i was doing 80...fortunately/unfortunately

okay well, you were lucky in both ways that the cop didnt realise you were on your red p platers and he didnt enforce the instant suspension since the new rta laws on red p platers enforces them to lose there license instantly regardless of how fast you were going..

so now you should drive like a granny, go for your green p's then pay for the fine and you will lose 3 points and be thankful you still have the privilage to drive, unlike myself many other p platers who have learnt the hard way

Edited by OMG-16V

he's on his Red Ps which means automatic disqualification... live and learn...

not necessarily, if he puts off paying it for a month and then gains his green p's, then afterwards he can pay for the fine and then lose 3 points (provided that he hasnt commited any offences previously) and have 4 points left and he wont lose his license..

you need to re-read the new regulations for red P plate drivers...

it does not matter how may points you have or haven't got, you speed at all, you will get your license suspended if you are caught.