2005 Sportivo

Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg

Dealt with Robert Brewster

oh ok, was that your local dealership?

Apparently, i couldn't find any around the Sydney area. The last one i saw one at Phil Gibert Lidcome and it was a blue sportivo also.

What price did you settle for?

well im happy to report that i dont seem to have the High rev shifting problems or any gearbox related problems at all.. so far...

have covered nearly 450kms over this past weekend and am still madly in love with my car...

ADR rolla ill probably see you around seeing as im in Heidelberg and my GF is in Lower Templestowe..im in a Blue sportivo.. so feel free to give me a toot :)

so far ive only seen 2 other sportivos in my travels.. and a sportivo wannabe levin bodykit

everyone ive taken for a ride has been utterly shocked that such a small car can have so much power :) its so much fun looking at there faces when they get out of the car.. massive grin ear to ear

well im happy to report that i dont seem to have the High rev shifting problems or any gearbox related problems at all..  so far...

have covered nearly 450kms over this past weekend and am still madly in love with my car...

ADR rolla ill probably see you around seeing as im in Heidelberg and my GF is in Lower Templestowe..im in a Blue sportivo.. so feel free to give me a toot :)

so far ive only seen 2 other sportivos in my travels.. and a sportivo wannabe levin bodykit

everyone ive taken for a ride has been utterly shocked that such a small car can have so much power :) its so much fun looking at there faces when they get out of the car.. massive grin ear to ear

I think most demos will not have the issues and i should have purchased the red demo i test drove the other time, had no shifting issues. Maybe its the way they break in the car? Or they just fixed the issues so people don't realise the cars have them when test driving :angry:

Zee

I think most demos will not have the issues and i should have purchased the red demo i test drove the other time, had no shifting issues. Maybe its the way they break in the car? Or they just fixed the issues so people don't realise the cars have them when test driving

Im in 100% agreement with you on this one. I test drove 2 test demo's @ 2 different dealerships and both of them were in perfect condition in terms of rattles, shifting etc etc etc :angry::angry::angry: And same i had the chance to get the demo but declined

• 1 month later...

The only difference between the 04 and the 05 'tivo will be the external styling ie, the 'tear' style front headlights on the current shape "STANDARD" Corolla and the round desinged tailights also on the current Corolla.

All Sportivo's were released with 6 speakers (2 x Rear, 2 x Front door and 2 x Tweeters) and any Corolla with an August '04 production date or newer should also have MP3....

Hi Aaron,

there was also talk on the global site and there was a link there detailing other differences

1) the car will be 20mm lower

2) the steering has been slightly modified and now has a smaller turning circle

there was a few other things but i cant remember. If i find the link i will post it up.

Mind you the article was about the t-sport so we in AUS might get screwed and not get any of these updates :angry::angry:

cheers

Bill

Edited by xoom

Getting screwed on specs, Toyota would never do that... lol

I just hope that the next batch of Sportivo owners don't end up up with some of the things I like to term as 'design flaws'

1) Coin holder not holding nothing bigger than a $1.00 coin... the tolls in Brisbane are $2.20 and the 20c coin won't fit.

2) Rear Parcel Shelf having no support in the centre. ie when doing speeds higher than 50kph with the windows down, the shelf gets blown around (and is annoying)

3) No Alarm. My 2000 Corolla Levin had an alarm....why didn't the 'tivo get one....

Cheers

Azz

Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg

Dealt with Robert Brewster

Robert's a good man. He sold us our LandCruiser in 2003. He still remembers his customers which is a good sign :)

Edited by Mohit

well im happy to report that i dont seem to have the High rev shifting problems or any gearbox related problems at all..  so far...

I think most demos will not have the issues and i should have purchased the red demo i test drove the other time, had no shifting issues. Maybe its the way they break in the car? Or they just fixed the issues so people don't realise the cars have them when test driving :angry:

Zee

After I think abt it... Mine was sort of a demo too.

I was the first one to test drive that car, and we went up to the redline a few times... after 3 weeks of waiting for a black one... i gave up and brought the white one I test drove. I am sure ppl test drove the car during the 3 weeks.

I dont have much problems, the main problem is not being able to maintain lift in 1->2 shift and the occasion rattling noise (so i turn the music up :))

I still luv my sportivo, she has done 20,000+ now.

Edited by srr