ZR6 Demo

rush

Hi Every One,

I have planned to buy Aurion ZR6, i have made a deal with Toyota SCI-FLEET (Brisbane), i am getting the 2006 Demo Black Aurion with full navigation system for $41000, it has got 6000 Kms on it, i have also got full leather protection, grease,

and paint protection etc... included in the price, so does buying a demo car makes much of a difference,

because the new car price is i think 42,500 and on road cost would be around 44K and after putting paint and leather protection and navigation it was coming around 51K, so i am going to save around 10K , so is it a good deal and how is the

car in terms of acceleration and performance. :help:

Well I think $41K drive away can be done these days for a NEW ZR6. Paint protection is kinda BS imo and I didn't even bother getting that.

But if you're happy with the condition of the demo car (no scratches or dents) and u don't mind not getting a brand new one, and if ur happy with the price and package then go for it. But I think that it wont even come around to $51K drive away for a new ZR6 to be fitted with sat nav and paint, ull definitely get it for less than that!

yeah paint protection is kinda bs, especially if you planning to keep your car for only a short time.

Thats still a good price 41k, depends where you live, I know Melbourne you have to hagge pretty well to get it down to that price...

As for demo's I wouldnt usually buy one if it was a sports car as I know being a car not passed the 'break-in' phased, it would have been thrashed around alot by prospective buyers seeing what the car can handle/do. But as for Aurion dunno could be ok...

Well on the Toyota website it still says $42,500 for Toyota Aurion ZR6, and on road cost would be around $44K. and the reason why i went for paint and leather protection because you get a better resale price, plus if you had an accident you can surely make out the difference when the paint fades away, so i thought i should better get it, and i have no experince in buying Demo cars, thats why i posted the question, the other thing is that when i sit with the dealer to get a test drive, he wouldnt let me pass 100K, because all over in brisbane the max. speed limit is 100km, and there are no dents on it, so i am still not sure buying a Demo car is a good option or not.

I probably wouldn't buy a demo car as there would have been so many different drivers who would have "trashed" the car to test out how it accelerates, handles, brakes, etc. Toyota mentions that the Aurion does not need any "breaking-in" period, so if you're comfortable with having different people test out your car, then go for it. Besides, it would still be under warranty. If you only plan to keep the car for a few years, then there shouldn't be any issues with buying a demo.

To know if you are getting a good deal, ring up another dealer and get them the spec up the same vehicle as if your intending on buying.....then try and bargain them down.....

then compare the price difference..............nothing wrong with buying a demo as your car has warranty.

I would certainly w0uld buy a demo if the price was right........

think about the people that buy a brand new cars lose 5g once out the door and have problems left right and centre.

It really is the luck of the draw with getting a lemon or not these days.

Edited by Ben_Yu

Not real sure on the value of demo cars.

The dealers probaly make more on them than new ones.

Consider the depreciation of a car that costs $40K is about 60% $24k over the first 4 years when it will be worth maybe $16k.

About $6k a year! So you rego it and drive it more than 1,00km and its lost a lot of value in my eyes maybe more than the price you have been offered.

I would be looking for a clear $6k better than the best new car on road price I could get.

Well on the Toyota website it still says $42,500 for Toyota Aurion ZR6, and on road cost would be around $44K.

You shouldn't think like that cos if you know how to bargain, you can definitely get yourself a good deal on a new car. I bought mine for 42.2K drive away with tints and sportivo mats and that's in April, I'm sure they are cheaper these days. Some other ppl on this site have bought it for less than what i paid for, drive away. RRP and on road cost means nothing if you know how to haggle down prices. This forum has proven that u can get a drive away deal for less than RRP price. Just show them you're serious and dont hang on to every word they say. If you're not happy with the price, then walk away, chances are they'll call u back to renegotiate. Just act like you can't be bullied by them :D. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be 'negative' on thinking that a new ZR6 can cost u up to $44K drive away just cos the RRP says so....

At http://www.discountnewcars.com.au you can compare and research and get a better idea of pricing

Rec.Ret Price $ 47350

Our Discount $ 2159

Net Price $ 45191

Dealer Delivery Fee for Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6: $1,695.00

Above is with Sat nav and sunroof

So your looking at nearly 50g for full retail price or after discount about 47g drive away

minus $1650 to that total cause you don't have sunroof and will disregard the paint protection as free

and your looking at a total of $45500. round up to 46g to make it even

with that said your saving about 5g.

Now just because its a demo does not mean you can't go lower.... I would ask them to include toyota extra care 1-2-3 yrs would be great and give more of a discount....... I would offer $39000 to 39500 with some sort of extended warranty and i'll think you have a bargain on your hands...............

If all else fails try to go for a brand new car and screw them for every drop if not satisfy with the saving go demo

let us know how you go

I am getting my demo car for 36K, plus paint and leather protection and sat navigation makes it 41K. I have 3 Year Warrentty, and in that 3 yrs period if i will give my car for service they will give me a car to drive, so i was thinking that its a good deal and i should buy it, because when you buy a new aurion for 41 or 42K its price drops by 5000 as soon as you step out of the showroom, so i think its a good deal...what you guys reccom.

Hi Every One,

I have planned to buy Aurion ZR6, i have made a deal with Toyota SCI-FLEET (Brisbane), i am getting the 2006 Demo Black Aurion with full navigation system for $41000, it has got 6000 Kms on it, i have also got full leather protection, grease,

and paint protection etc... included in the price, so does buying a demo car makes much of a difference,

because the new car price is i think 42,500 and on road cost would be around 44K and after putting paint and leather protection and navigation it was coming around 51K, so i am going to save around 10K , so is it a good deal and how is the

I Purchased my Black May 07 ZR6 exdemo with 5500K's. It had 18" wheels, sunroof, front and rear park sensors, Sat Nav, and 6 year warranty for 45,000.00. I love it, it has plenty of go compared to my XR6 and is 100kg's lighter. I think your pretty right with your figures go for warranty extension especially on an 06 model.

Hi Every One,

I Purchased my Black May 07 ZR6 exdemo with 5500K's. It had 18" wheels, sunroof, front and rear park sensors, Sat Nav, and 6 year warranty for 45,000.00. I love it, it has plenty of go compared to my XR6 and is 100kg's lighter. I think your pretty right with your figures go for warranty extension especially on an 06 model.

Thanks for your reply, i have most of the things that you have except 6 year warranty and 18" Wheels, i will definetly get that, the additional thing i have is the paint and leather protection, but i will definetly upgrade my wheels, so any idea how much they cost around, and how much time they need to get fit in to the car.

I would recommend you go aftermarket, cheaper and you got a range to choose from...

Plus you can trade sell you existing 17's and that bring it cheaper again.

It really all depends how much u are willing to spend, if money is not really an issue go for many of us here and get some nice 20's fits and looks really well with the aurion as its a big car and needs big looking rims :).

Hi Every One,

Thanks for your reply, i have most of the things that you have except 6 year warranty and 18" Wheels, i will definetly get that, the additional thing i have is the paint and leather protection, but i will definetly upgrade my wheels, so any idea how much they cost around, and how much time they need to get fit in to the car.

If I was in your shoes I would tell them to keep there paint protection and offer you the extended factory warranty, eg Extra care not dealer extended warranty..... Are you paying cash ? or are you trading a car in as well. This is a great time to do a deal as sales people are trying to meet or exceed there targets ...

I don't know how badly you want this car or how many other people are looking at it but maybe trying to finalise it next monday would be idea I think...

Extended warranty is well worth it in my opinion. A door regulator and motor that controls your power windows, in the long run if they stuff up, it like $500 for parts excluding labour. If you sunroof jams. I saw one a prado $1300 needed new sunroof rails all covered under extended warranty......

While toyota products are great, things to wear out...so I would push very hard for warranty or pay for it yourself

Hi Every One,

If I was in your shoes I would tell them to keep there paint protection and offer you the extended factory warranty, eg Extra care not dealer extended warranty..... Are you paying cash ? or are you trading a car in as well. This is a great time to do a deal as sales people are trying to meet or exceed there targets ...

I don't know how badly you want this car or how many other people are looking at it but maybe trying to finalise it next monday would be idea I think...

Extended warranty is well worth it in my opinion. A door regulator and motor that controls your power windows, in the long run if they stuff up, it like $500 for parts excluding labour. If you sunroof jams. I saw one a prado $1300 needed new sunroof rails all covered under extended warranty......

While toyota products are great, things to wear out...so I would push very hard for warranty or pay for it yourself

Thanks for your advice i will go for extra care, but paint and dent protection is good in the sense of if you bang your car, you get it repaired for no extra cost, you dont have to pay anything, i have my firend who banged his car twice and after it came from workshop it lost its color exposure, and when he gave it for paint protection you can easily seet the difference.