how to properly maintain

lexce

Just normal service till 100 000.Check drive belts ,change sparks and all normal service at 100k also check brakes etc.

Timing belt every 150k.

Clutch may start to go around 200k depending on how hard you drive.(mine did ooops)

This is how my manual reccomends for a V6 though so if it's a four banga I'd say it's much the same but I'm not possitive.

Hope this helps.

Just normal service till 100 000.Check drive belts ,change sparks and all normal service at 100k also check brakes etc.

Timing belt every 150k.

Clutch may start to go around 200k depending on how hard you drive.(mine did ooops)

This is how my manual reccomends for a V6 though so if it's a four banga I'd say it's much the same but I'm not possitive.

Hope this helps.

thanks mate. actualy im new in the forum and d same time new in the country. any shop taht you can recommends here, cheaper but not to sacrifice quality.. or I have to go straight in a TOYOTA dealers/ service .. btw im in wentworthville. ta

If it's just servicing you want done I work for Toyota and I'd be happy to do it for you... As was said above, timing belt isn't due till 150,000kms so you don't have to worry about that for a long while yet...

I'm in Artarmon...

happy to hear that. Is that far from wentworthville? Can I have discounts :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You want metric spanners and sockets...

Spanners from 8mm to 19mm will do and a decent 3/8 drive and 1/2 inch drive socket set will be good... Also be a good idea to get yourself a 1/2 inch breaker bar for those tighter bolts...

thanks mate.. try to buy some tomorrow. have to buy 1st these things before buying audio stuff.. where to buy cheap but good quality? super cheap auto? autobarn? mitre 10?

hehehee..

Haynes/Gregory's put out a very good repair/maintenance book for the DIY enthusiast, cost is around $40 mark at Repco stores. While some of these manuals are for American models I have found when you just reverse what you see for left hand drive they all look the same. I have one for both my 2001 Camry(V6...manual covers V6 and 4 cylinder models) and my 2005 Corolla Hatch.

There is no such thing as cheap and quality when it comes to tools...

Repco tools are cheaper than most quality brands and they're still quality tools... They also come with a lifetime guarantee aslong as they havn't been used incorrectly... They can be bought from any Repco Store...

Either that or head to Bunnings Warehouse... They sell Kincrome tools and they're of about the same quality as Repco and around the same price...

Do some research on these two options and find the cheapest :) :) :) ...

Edited by Rolla Boy

There is no such thing as cheap and quality when it comes to tools...

Repco tools are cheaper than most quality brands and they're still quality tools... They also come with a lifetime guarantee aslong as they havn't been used incorrectly... They can be bought from any Repco Store...

Either that or head to Bunnings Warehouse... They sell Kincrome tools and they're of about the same quality as Repco and around the same price...

Do some research on these two options and find the cheapest :) :) :) ...

sure mate.. thanks... been driving my camry for 2 weeks now and still good..

I'll vouch that the Haynes manual is THE BEST BOOK for fixin the ol' Camma mate. Got pics, detailed info... everything. I have my Haynes manual and a special toolbox kept in the boot next to the sub when I'm on Camry cruises with the rest of the club... comes in handy mate.

Most mechanics in this part of the world mate... you ask around... mates... work colleauges... see who they'd recommend (that's what we do up here anyway). There's normally a top knotch mech or panel beater... someone like that in the local area that everyone goes to. You're best off trying that first... if ya don't like em, go to Toyota.