2007 ZRE152R Corolla Mods?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tofuboi~~~~~~~~~~~

Got a question for you.

Could you be still able to use the controls on the steering after changing to the navigation unit you had or any other unit??

Thanks

indeed i can

i had to have an aftermarket connection fitted, but it does work as if its the stock hu.

Tofuboi~~~~~~~~~~~

Got a question for you.

Could you be still able to use the controls on the steering after changing to the navigation unit you had or any other unit??

Thanks

indeed i can

i had to have an aftermarket connection fitted, but it does work as if its the stock hu.

how much did that cost guy quoted me 300 to do that thats why i didn't change my head unit cause i always use my steering wheel controls

Tofuboi~~~~~~~~~~~

Got a question for you.

Thanks

indeed i can

how much did that cost guy quoted me 300 to do that thats why i didn't change my head unit cause i always use my steering wheel controls

I had it fitted as a package with the whole sound system so I don't know the exact figures.

All I know is for 8 hours of work plus all parts came to $4,000 all up. (I think it was around $400-500 for labor all up)

If you have a cover on your rear license plate, take it off. Rattles to hell and back, totally spoiling your bass. Before i had the car dynamatted, the car only rattled slightly (the windscreen wipers front and rear and the front numberplate were the main culprits) from the outside, and inside was fine, but after a short while the hatch interior started to rattle. Dynamatting fixes everything though! lol

• 2 weeks later...

So when do we think we'll be able to get accessories and aftermarket parts available for the zre? Getting really anxious here :P.

Also, that tte pdf over at http://www.tte.de/cm_auris_E15_TF1.htm, how much would that kit cost once shipped? I mean, just the front, rear (with the two exhaust pipes), and side skirts.

C-one have some performance and sports strut bars out already...

I m pretty interested

Ooh, do you have a link? All a google search returned was celica online, and some trd USA website. Damn I can't wait until it gets released over there.

no need to imagine how much it costs.

All prices are listed on the site.

Plus. its cheaper to import individually to skip the tax.

Group buy can get the price over $1000 pretty easy.

Front Towerbar - 15,750yen - around $160au

Performance front 1 - 21,000yen - around $220au

Performance front 2 - 21,000yen - around $220au

Centre - 27,300yen - around $280au

Rear - 12,800yen - around $130au

they also have rotors and brake pads out for zre

Thats great news, the chassis is already brilliant, but some extra rigidity wouldn't go astray.

And that front in the pic... sweet!

Still waiting for a way to decrease throttle delay, it really sucks.

Edited by Shaunus Maximus

Still waiting for a way to decrease throttle delay, it really sucks.

Yeah, I saw this thing on ebay a few days ago. I've lost it though. It piggy backs on the ecu, and decreases response time. It was about 400 delivered, and made by an Aussie company. I'm kicking myself for not bookmarking it :@

Ahh! dead link... oh well, sounds pretty beasty anyway, good to know such a device exists. I must admit that im keen to get the chassis stiffening kit from c-one though... for $1000 thats not bad...

come on ZRE fella's ...... the thread title contains some key terms which are not being discussed .... namely "Engine? ECU? Turbo? S/C? " ..... is no one game ?

come on ZRE fella's ...... the thread title contains some key terms which are not being discussed .... namely "Engine? ECU? Turbo? S/C? " ..... is no one game ?

We need to clone you methinks.

Ring me btw! Aren't you game? :P

simply nothing available for the ZRE engine.

except for the 2.2Disel europe version

The door panels just clip off from the outside, Ive got my hatch fully dynamatted by autobarn (mainly coz i wanted it done professionally) and i did the four doors and dash myself. Car doesnt rattle at all now! Only thing that rattles is the lid on the centre console when its open - thats it. Here is a few pics of the sound system i have.

Head unit: JVC AVX-800 Double DIMM touch screen DVD + USB + SD card + bluetooth (currently running a portable hard drive for music storage)

Front speakers: Kenwood 180Watt 6 inch splits,

Rear speakers: Kenwood 120Watt 6 inch.

Sub Amp: 2Ch 1000W Max Kenwood set to Mono out.

Sub: SVC 400W rms 12" (friking insane - best value for money sub ever IMO)

Did I read correctly that you paid over 4k for that sound system?

No offense but methinks you should have gotten better advice regarding the gear you put in.

Did you sealed the service holes in the doors did you just use the dynamat or did you put some plywood / mdf under?

Else the dynamat has been known to flex under doof without proper backing (even with multiple layers)

Edited by negatron

depends on whom im gonna speak to when i do ...... nelson, KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson or Rob ..... how about u answer ur phone :P

Custom up something guys! :D

It's not for everyone though I agree, and it can be an expensive hobby. Xoom worked very hard on his car. It's a long, arduous journey that can be rewarding if it's what you're really into.

depends on whom im gonna speak to when i do ...... nelson, KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson or Rob ..... how about u answer ur phone :P

I fail...sorry.