Toyota Highlander (Klugar) Hybrid front grill & tail lights

Taka

I need some modification idea :idea: There aren't many thing you can do to the Highlander in US in the moment, but I found this

The rear light of the Hybrid is so different, and I think it is better than what we have atm. :ph34r:

photo_4.jpg

Also the front grill is also heaps better

photo_8.jpg

Anyone can suggest a US Toyota part site? I will get them and trail fit!

We are getting the white one but the current looks make me think it may look stupid. We may go back to the first colour option of Graphite... so any idea will help :help:

Also when we are get the exterior bits ... can anyone confirm (calling PC XT, especially) that the area at the middle bottom of rear bumper is colour coded. We keep seeing the KX-R today and the middle bottom bit are all black (*non painted). Thanks

Crystal White

CrystalPearl_070.jpg

Graphite

Graphite_1G3.jpg

Crystal White or Graphite. We saw Graphite Grande the other day and it looks cool, but white KX-R is so bad; never see a White Grande.....

Edited by takahashi

If we could have a source of additional parts from the US it would be real good. I like the tail lights on the Hybrid but not too sure about the grille though.

I think our Grande's might be more similar to the Hybrid??, but I think we still get more standard options on ours??

One thing I saw on the US site was that the Highlander has tyre pressure monitoring, is this correct?

Not sure about the colours, I saw a white pearl KX-S in the showroom and it looked pretty good, also saw the graphite at some dealers and it looked pretty good too. I have to say my favourite out of the lot was graphite which is what we ordered, but I must say I saw a burgandy/red one yesterday and I liked it.

If we could have a source of additional parts from the US it would be real good. I like the tail lights on the Hybrid but not too sure about the grille though.

I think our Grande's might be more similar to the Hybrid??, but I think we still get more standard options on ours??

One thing I saw on the US site was that the Highlander has tyre pressure monitoring, is this correct?

Yes I am sure we could, and it will fit. Highlander = Kluger for the last generation and so do this one. The basic = KX-R + black roof rail. Sports = KX-S plus exhaust tip. Limited = Grande - options :yahoo: . I just tried that build up car site and if they have the same option as us. They have to paid $41 990 plus tax, which is getting very close since most cars in US is nearly half price of us... I guess strong AUD$ helps.

Hybrid is the petrol + electric car. Their grille is lovely... there is not much accessories that I like, and their side step is black. Ours are better, and I think we should tell them.

TPMS - tyre pressure motoring system, is the warning system for tyre puncture. If the tyre is deflated below a certain point, a very ennoying warning sound will go off. There has been a lot of problem in the RX-8 mates in the US.... they go off wrongly and they cannot be made working (and need to take them off) when they swap to an aftermarket wheel. Hassle.

I am sure we are good enough to check tyre pressure every time we fuel up. Or even 1 in 4 times.

Not sure about the colours, I saw a white pearl KX-S in the showroom and it looked pretty good, also saw the graphite at some dealers and it looked pretty good too. I have to say my favourite out of the lot was graphite which is what we ordered, but I must say I saw a burgandy/red one yesterday and I liked it.

We keep seeing KX-R in White that we feel that we were heading to Graphite, particularly we saw one Graphite Grande.... until we went to dinner, passing our dearship, seeing the other salesmen going back to dealership to get boxes of beer he left on Saturday lunch time shopping.... He drives a White Grande. And wife and I gave a thumbs up. The rest is history.

We will get the grill and take pics. The worst is to waste $200 for a piece of plastic.