Where should I put it?!

Rolla94

Hey guys

Its come a time in my corolla's life (94 AE101R) where its ICE needs an upgrade!

I want to install a widescreen LCD monitor somewhere and hook it up to my sound system and a dvd player/random video objects. I dont want to spend 2k on one of those special fold out decks with the dvd player and screen all built in since my deck isnt really that old. Ive been thinking about this and narrowed it down to two options. Buying a single LCD and modding the big black storage box space thing in the centre console below my deck and aircon controls? orrrr Getting something like this and removing the plastic surrounds and flush mounting them into the sun visors, side facing you once they are flipped down. I will have to modify the sun visors to make them thicker to support the screen and rematerial it.

Im not worried on the work side of things i'm chasing your oppinions on where they should go and which setup should I take? two sunvisor monitors or go the one below the aircon controls. Another thing I want to add is security, since the sun visor screens wont be visible when the car is all locked up and sleeping... Shed your wisdom on this subject pleeeeease!

'the only legal way of lcd sunvisors in australia'

????

What restrictions on sunvisors .... i have never found this in ANY Road laws book ?

All it says is the screen/display must not be visable to the driver while the car is in motion (Exculding GPS Devices/reverse camera's)

Cool to be creative ... i got a spare screen siting here cause i can't work out where to mount it .. I was thinking fold out in glove box ...

Cutting console away and fitting there would be cool . hide away dvd player somewhere aswel.

In my old commodore it had clock and speedo in the dash cluster and i disabled the clock and put a 4inch LCD next to the speedo then re-fitted the dash cluster...unfortunatly unrelated the speedo stopped working 2 months after that ... Damn holdens

can't find the original pic but this is what it looked like

post-3712-1194432428_thumb.jpg

Screens could be helpful for your business DrivInGScHool because you could show the kids instructional videos right there in the car, or play them a demonstration of understeer in the wet, or say "this is what happens when you speed" and show them a gory commercial...

And you could charge more :lol:

Screens could be helpful for your business DrivInGScHool because you could show the kids instructional videos right there in the car, or play them a demonstration of understeer in the wet, or say "this is what happens when you speed" and show them a gory commercial...

i like the idea of that one :)

i like the idea of that one :)

I got one indash sceen already . i use it to show the Vicroads Hazard practice test SVCD... might find some other driving vid's Great suggestion

I reckon i am the only driving school with on the road AV for my students

Lol at the driving commercials, thats a sweet idea. Cheers for the replies everyone but i think im going to mount it into the dash and hide the dvd player in the glove box for easy access. Only trouble is I couldnt find a good picture quality screen that would fit in the gap so im gonna run with this.... http://www.teac.com.au/product/6/529/specs Bought it today and the thing has a sweet picture for only $190. I have taken it apart and it looks moddable, the lcd screen comes right out which is handy ill make up my own mount for it and "try" to extend the lcd to dvd wires, this is were I could get stuck since the wires are TINY!!!

anyways ill keep you all posted on the progress if your interested and post some pics :D

• 2 weeks later...