Fuel system for the Sportivo

xoom

Hey Fellow Corolla Owners,

thought i would change the flavour of topics that get posted with a factual topic from me :blink: :blink: :blink: ..... yeah i know can u believe it something semi-reasonable coming from me .... lol

anyway well for the turbo setup the stock fuel system simply isnt fit for purpose for what im trying to do with the car.

so while sorting it out i figured i might as well go the full extent to also not just sort out a return system but to also get it prepped for when it see's the track. Now i havent heard of the corolla fuel surging from anyway on here when they have tracked their car but figured might as well do it right the first time.

So as you will see from the pics below we have added some goodies in the boot and under the bonnet (sorry bout the quality .... taken on my phone)

We had 1 hick-up which ive only just hopefully picked up the solution to it this morning and hopefully that fixes it all then the blue bombshell is back out on the road again.

This mod i think is the only mod ive put on the car where the corolla is actually really well laid out to run all the lines ..... there are cavities, clamps, bolt holes in all the right places that it fitted our design really well and as u can see from the pics nothing runs inside the car until the fittings in the boot to feed the surge tank .....

fuel_1.jpg

fuel_2.jpg

fuel_3.jpg

fuel_4.jpg

fuel_5.jpg

ooo looking good mate, imagine the amount of garlic sauce those babies will move :yahoo:

mate we think the setup is rated at 6000 GUPH (Garlic Units Per Hour :P :P :P :P) .... yep thats a full garlic not like the dodgy ebay kits which are rated in garlic cloves per hour and even then only just see triple figures :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks nice Bill, Some good work from Linden getting it all fitted as well. :)

As for the fuel surge... if you read back through the threads, At Wakefield Park, the car is undrivable below 1/4 tank due to fuel surge, and Dave has said at Queensland Raceway it's as bad as 1/2 a tank and the surge starts on the long right hander.

weren't the guys able to fabriate a surge tank to fit under the car so it's not in the cabin??

As u may or may not be aware of jase but kebab performance has recently changes its name to kebab performance & styling .... as such to enhance the "styling" part of the business it was decided to show this baby off ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously as u will know Jase more than a lot of others that anything is possible ..... however next time ur under a corolla or even from ur memory u'll see that obviously the entire drivers side of the car in the rear is useless due to the exhaust. Then on the passenger side yes u have a few gaps here and there but i just didn't feel comfortable with what was available under the car on that side. So this was my personal choice rather than the workshops recommendation ...... but more than happy for u to have an attempt at it in the name of Purcell Performance ;) ;) ;)

Come on Billy even i've posted about fuel surge in the rolla... u need to read other topics apart from your own.

Looking good though, but I will also bump rollamods question...

sorry mate i dont read the posts of people whom i know have absolutely no idea about anything :P :P :P :P ..... but seriously have had 3hrs sleep in 72 hrs so aint exactly in the most memory friendly mode at the moment .... c response above for 2nd part of ur post mick.

Also added pic with it all connected

fuel_6.jpg

is it loud with the Bosch in the cabin?

I'll bet you're glad you didn't use a walbro external ;)

not sure just yet as i havent trimmed the car back to stock ..... what we will be doing however is making a cover to go over the top of all of that in the boot so nothing in the boot will damage it if i have stuff in the back ..... also will get the inside of that cover covered in something for it to further reduce the noise ...... but it was nice and loud when i drove the car for a few mins.... lol