Sportivo Exhaust size

JAZE55

This is a hot topic and from what I have read, the information on the forum is wrong.

Everyone is quick to say the stock sportivo exhaust pipe is 2.25 inches. But have any of you actually took the time to measured it.

Well I did today, and the stock pipe size is 2 inches YES 2 inches. If you dont believe me, go measure it your self.

I am not wrong, as I have one in my garage.

Edited by JAZE55

It's not 2 inches mate cause it is actually a metric measurement that is close to 2.25". I cannot remember what it was off the top of my head but I too measured it with digital verniers as that is the only really accurate way to measure it.

the internal diameter of what section of the tube?

You do know that tube is measured by the external diameter and pipe measure on the internal diameter right?

Sorry guys I didnt know inner and outer. Rollamods, I measured from the flange on the axleback.

Inner diameter (pipe) is 2inches

External diameter (tube) is 2.25 inches

Im a little confused now, so if I go to a shop and say I want a 2.5 inch system, that is ther internal diameter???

Edited by JAZE55

the stuff used to make exhaust is "tube", so measured on the external diameter. I think you'll find that the stock exhaust does not use 3mm wall tube either.

Wall thickness on the tube depends on how much the manufacturer wants to spend, thicker costs more. The tubing you get from an exhaust shop is typically ~1mm wall thickness. I use 1.6mm as it's readily available to me.

Edited by rollamods

If you measured at the flange on the axle back the pipe diameter(inside and outside) actually does decrease a bit when it gets to the flange itself. don't ask me why but that's how toyota made it LOL.

If you measured at the flange on the axle back the pipe diameter(inside and outside) actually does decrease a bit when it gets to the flange itself. don't ask me why but that's how toyota made it LOL.

Yeah I did notice thta silva. I was reading up on exhaust theory, they do this to speed up the gases exiting.

I will let everyone know when I get my 2.5 inch catback remade, I am changing from resonator back to 2.36 inch to suit my new muffler and see how i go with this. Shouldnt cost too much I hope.