Kluger + K&N filter (replacement style)

Taka

So whats the question?

Wonder if anyone would like a group buy when I find one, or point out any cheap K&N places in Australia?

Try Repco, I run one on the XT dont really know if they are worth it (spose so as I didn't have to replace it at 50k)

• 2 weeks later...

After researching for a while. I don't think oil filter is suitable for the valiable valve engine where the throttle body cleaniness is important. So paper filter is the go here.

TRD from Japan (not from the US). The size should be the same from the old Kluger to the new. I got an email from K&N Australia about the old Kluger filter size and I just measure it and order a filter from Japan (me has contact ;))

Whats the advantage, is there any extra power gain or better fuel economy, cheaper?

Wont void the warranty will it?

Increase airflow will improve breathing of the engine, hence will increase in power (in theory).

Since you don't need that much power to get to the same speed. It suppose to help fuel economy.

However, not all aftermarket filters increase power. AND Do not use an open type pod filter. The close type of Kluger shield heat off the intake air (to reduce air temp it has a cone just under the bonnet). So the design say that the engine is sensitive to heat and if you suck hot air by exposing the filter element, you surely will decrease power.

So.... a replacement filter is as far as I go, may be redirection of tube to get more air...

Edited by takahashi

So.... a replacement filter is as far as I go, may be redirection of tube to get more air...

A got a quote from local dealer that the TRD filter from Japan for the old Kluger is $180 to the dealership.

The same filter in japanparts.com is $130 + shipment ... so I guess it will be roughly the same.

I have a third way to do it - I have an importer in Melbourne who import car parts from Japan....

still expensive I know, I guess I will leave that.