Power FC on eBay

Seano

Hey have done some research on the forum about the Apexi Power FC seeing what people think of the ones on eBay (Northy's signature made this a hard one) and it's my understanding that most of them are the old one. So is this one the old one too (clickidy-click)

Sorry if its a newbish question I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being duped

Edited by Seanious

$780 delivered from nengun and it took about three weeks to arrive, I was confused about the whole newer and older one too. Something about warranty and whether it will be apexera or apexi, if it has the apexera sticker on the box then its covered by warranty or something like that. Either way they both have warranty I think.

Depends on the exchange rate, $780 would have been close to it's peak a few weeks back of 105 yen-to-aussie.

It's been fetching around the $820-840 the past week

I thought the old v new thing was the new ones come with the hand controller where as the older ones it was a seperate item to buy.

Edited by SuperDave

unless u get someone being a dodgy reseller or someone with really really old stock all the powerFC's should have the hand controller with them.

The difference between old vs new is the logo branding on the box and who will warrant the item if u have issues

if the box is tagged with the apexi logo then that is the older stock and is not warranted through apexi or apexera .... it will have the warranty claim put through a 3rd party contractor.

if the box is tagged with the apexera logo then this is the new stock and it will be warranted through apexera directly.

Depends on the exchange rate, $780 would have been close to it's peak a few weeks back of 105 yen-to-aussie.

It's been fetching around the $820-840 the past week

I thought the old v new thing was the new ones come with the hand controller where as the older ones it was a seperate item to buy.

mine was under $750 but I bought it when the $AU was worth 106 Yen :D it went down the next day... :yahoo:

I also got a few other goodies and the whole bill was under $850 delivered, though I'm still waiting for it....

The last few I've bought have had Apexera stickers on the original Apexi boxes.

yep thats what i meant .....

its a bit dodgy from the manufacturers perspective,

the product is called "Apexi Power FC" hence why the boxes remained the same

but Apexi who originally made them was closed down and the parent company apexera took over the product range however kept the same name for the product just to confuse matters.

Like i said .... only big difference is the warranty aspect of things