Very Important, Navigation Hack !

AL-Sayegh

Hi every one, it’s Long time since my Log in Sorry for that.

Today I have a very interesting question about the Navigation system In AURION !

the Navigation system have the ability to play DVD Movies under circumstance condition ,

1) The Gear should be in Parking .

2) The Foot Brake should be applied .

I review the Manuel and found that the Navigation system connected to the Car ECU through many sensors

1) Speed Sensor.

2) PKB Parking Position sensor .

3) Gear Park position .

My Target is to make the Navigation system play the DVD moves while the car is moving  .

I am sure there is way to do it  I have done it with my Mercedes Benz CL500

Surfing the inter net found some way to hack the Navigation system but I am looking for the wiring diagram for the Terminals Of The ECU .

Where it describe each wire connected to … and the Number of that .

I found an interesting site but it require to subscription with them 

Please if any one figure to make the Navigation system play the DVD moves while the car is moving Post your replay

Thanks for this wonder full team and members.

Edited by AL-Sayegh

Hi every one, it’s Long time since my Log in Sorry for that.

Today I have a very interesting question about the Navigation system In AURION !

the Navigation system have the ability to play DVD Movies under circumstance condition ,

1) The Gear should be in Parking .

2) The Foot Brake should be applied .

I review the Manuel and found that the Navigation system connected to the Car ECU through many sensors

1) Speed Sensor.

2) PKB Parking Position sensor .

3) Gear Park position .

My Target is to make the Navigation system play the DVD moves while the car is moving  .

I am sure there is way to do it  I have done it with my Mercedes Benz CL500

Surfing the inter net found some way to hack the Navigation system but I am looking for the wiring diagram for the Terminals Of The ECU .

Where it describe each wire connected to … and the Number of that .

I found an interesting site but it require to subscription with them 

Please if any one figure to make the Navigation system play the DVD moves while the car is moving Post your replay

Thanks for this wonder full team and members.

Hello 'AL-Sayegh',

Please clarify a few points,

Are you saying that you have been able to play & view a DVD movie on the Aurions Standard Nav Screen when the Car is stationarty in "Park" and has the park brake on ?

If so,

What Model Aurion do you have?

What year?

What Nav System Manufacturer ( If known ) and software version?

Also what part of the world are you in?

What 'Region' is the DVD?

Can you post a photo of a DVD playing?

What procedure do you do to get the DVD to play?

Please advise as I have been able to disable the Nav System "safety feature" that stops Destiation changes and Blue tooth phone book access while moving.

DerekD

Hello DerekD,

Thanks for your interest and replay.

for the questions you asked here is the answers :-

Are you saying that you have been able to play & view a DVD movie on the Aurions Standard Nav Screen when the Car is stationary in "Park" and has the park brake on ?

Yes, It's an available future on the AURION NAV System.

But the car Gear Shift should be in Park position and the foot brake ON.

Aurion GLX

What year?

Aurion 2007

TOYOTA AURION Nav System.

I am In United Arab Emirates ( Dubai ) .

The same Nav System installed for Gulf Region.

I thing it's Region Free OR Region 0 .

I will do that next Post :)

for your replay : Please advise as I have been able to disable the Nav System "safety feature" that stops Destiation changes and Blue tooth phone book access while moving.

I need to ask you also the same question you have asked me ? and to disable the Nav System "safety feature" what was the procedure you done.

One more thing, do you know where I can have the Wiring Diagram for the Nav System, any comment will be very help full.

Thanks.

Edited by AL-Sayegh

Hello DerekD,

Thanks for your interest and replay.

for the questions you asked here is the answers :-

Are you saying that you have been able to play & view a DVD movie on the Aurions Standard Nav Screen when the Car is stationary in "Park" and has the park brake on ?

Yes, It's an available future on the AURION NAV System.

But the car Gear Shift should be in Park position and the foot brake ON.

Aurion GLX

What year?

Aurion 2007

TOYOTA AURION Nav System.

I am In United Arab Emirates ( Dubai ) .

The same Nav System installed for Gulf Region.

I thing it's Region Free OR Region 0 .

I will do that next Post :)

for your replay : Please advise as I have been able to disable the Nav System "safety feature" that stops Destiation changes and Blue tooth phone book access while moving.

I need to ask you also the same question you have asked me ? and to disable the Nav System "safety feature" what was the procedure you done.

One more thing, do you know where I can have the Wiring Diagram for the Nav System, any comment will be very help full.

Thanks.

You forgot to answer the MOST IMPORTANT Question , What procedure do you do to get the DVD to play?

The Mod I used to get around the Nav system 'Safety Feature' has been posted previously, BUT here it is again.

This little modification works for me I have a new Pressara, I put the switch into the Ashtray area, just to the Left of the ashtray.

This is from the US Toyota Owners Club Forum, "Toyota Owners Club - USA > General Toyota > General Toyota Discussions" Originally entered by Member vic334

2007 Camry Navigation Modification to enter destinations while moving, Adding a switch to defeat the speed sensor

There is a way to enter destinations while driving. I added a switch in the back of the center cubby. If you pull the radio/navigation unit out of the dash there is a gray plug that has 3 wires. The center wire is purple/violet colored and this is the speed sensor. When you are moving more that 5 mph the speed sensor ghosts out the input buttons on the screen keeping you from entering destination info to your nav unit. I cut this wire and connected a 2 wire speaker size line to the free ends of the violet wire and put 2 terminals on the other end and connected these to my secret switch in the back of the cubby. This works like magic. Going down the road I flip this switch and the ghosted out destination buttons on the screen light right up. If you are mechanically inclinded at all this is relatively easy to do. The only part I couldn't do myself was remove the air condition vent above the navi unit. Your dealer or a stereo installation place could do it for you. There are winged clips 2 on each side of the vent unit which must be pushed inward on both sides before the vent assembly comes out. After this you unscrew the shifter knob remove the 2 wings on either side of the cubby by pulling them straight out toward the back of the car. Then you remove the trim around the shifter pull it straight up and back. Then remove the top of the center console by lifting it straight up. Remove the 2 phillips screws holding the cubby in and remove it. The entire radio/navi unit and aircond controls are 1 unit and are held in by 2 10mm bolts on top and 2 on the bottom. The radio unit then pulls straight out of the dash. There are 8 or more connectors plugged into the back of the radio but you are looking for a gray plug in the middle of all these with 3 wires with the center wire being violet/purple, the speed sensor. I soldered my wires but you could use crimp connectors and a rocker switch #275-693 from radio shack. I used a dremel tool to cut a hole out in the back of the cubby between the power point socket and the ipod connector. I knew this could be done because I did a similiar deal to my 2006 prius. This procedure works perfectly on both cars and now I dont have to pull over on the interstate for my passenger to input things into the navigation. This may also allow you to input into your bluetooth phone but I haven't tried this yet, but I know there is only one speed sensor on the back of the navi unit. The prius has multiple speed sensors to the display so there are more wires to cut if you want to enable all the features once you are on the move. You will notice when you activate your secret switch the little wheels on the consumption screen will stop moving just like you are stopped. I know the early 2007 camry had a secret diagnostic screen you could access and people think version 5.1 of the nav DVD is the thing that enables this override button, but from my discussions with technicians the lockout is built int the nav unit itself and not controlled by the DVD disc, I have version 6.1 in my car. I had a toyota service tech look up the wiring diagram to tell me which wire was the speed sensor. I wish I knew how to post pictures but this description is pretty good. As long as you are gentle you won't break anything, but you will need to have a special tool or help getting the aircond vent out to do this. Hope this helps everyone. I just couldn't help it, I hated being locked out of my nav unit going down the road. This would also be a good time to add an XM receiver unit to your car as the radio must be brought out from the dash to plug in the XM harness into the back of the radio. The XM receiver mounts in the right side of the trunk above the battery, the antenna mounts under the back window next to the 3rd brake light. I got my unit from camelback toyota in arizona for 159.00 and the fit kit for 80.00. Be sure to get the 15 page installation instructions available only from a dealer and you can put this XM in yourself and save $200-300 labor. It takes some time 2-3 hours but since you are removing the radio anyway you might consider it.

Hello DerekD,

What procedure do you do to get the DVD to play?

You need to tilt the Nav system screen and insert a DVD disk in the CD/DVD slot.

This one in the Nav Display by it self, Not the box under the seat which is used for the Nav data.

The DVD Player work just if the car in stop and the gear position on P. and the brake pedal applied.

but if you drive the car or didn't applay the Foot Brake the dvd Movies stop.

that way I am looking for the wiring diagram of the Nav system to keep the dvd work while driving :)

It's seems also the NAV system is different in Aurion,from my country and the United State .

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forums :)

Just to clarify some points...

- The Navigation system for the middle-east markets is completely different than the one for Australia/USA...

- To play a DVD, just insert the DVD in the CD slot.. The system will read it..

- To play DVDs, the car has to be stopped (0 km) and the e-brake has to on... Gear position has nothing to do with the DVD...

- Once you drive (or E-Brake is off), the screen will turn back to the Nav screen but you will be able to to hear the movie...

DerekD,

You explained how to bypass the Bluetooth, address entry.. But, how did you get rid of the (Agree) screen???

Here is a picture of the Middle-East Spec Navigation.. .Notice the (DVD Video) just underneath the volume knob (left side):

2088462796_99ca5515aa_o.jpg

2087674839_68098d4a5e_o.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forums :)

Just to clarify some points...

- The Navigation system for the middle-east markets is completely different than the one for Australia/USA...

- To play a DVD, just insert the DVD in the CD slot.. The system will read it..

- To play DVDs, the car has to be stopped (0 km) and the e-brake has to on... Gear position has nothing to do with the DVD...

- Once you drive (or E-Brake is off), the screen will turn back to the Nav screen but you will be able to to hear the movie...

DerekD,

You explained how to bypass the Bluetooth, address entry.. But, how did you get rid of the (Agree) screen???

Here is a picture of the Middle-East Spec Navigation.. .Notice the (DVD Video) just underneath the volume knob (left side):

2088462796_99ca5515aa_o.jpg

2087674839_68098d4a5e_o.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh I see, Thanks Unknown2 That answers a lot of questions.

The Mod to Bypass the Nav system " Safety Feature" does NOT affect the I agree screen.

But I have just fitted the VAIS Ipod interface from http://www.advancedice.com.au/ and with this interface the agree screen is no longer there.

Hello AL-Sayegh I'm sure there will be a "Fix" for your problem, but as your Nav System is Not used in the USA or Australia, its going to be difficult.

There is No reference to "Park Brake" on the Australian/US Block diagram. See Photo Below. Good Luck.

post-5068-1196844515_thumb.jpg

hi unknown2,

Thanks for your clear explanation, it's really perfect and supper.

to get raid of the agree screen I read an article that the manufacture install this windows in the Bios of the system and to remove it you need to change the program in the Bios.

Hello DerekD,

Thanks for the Block Diagram shows no Connection with the "Park Brake" and the Nav system.