melbourne cruise lake mountain 14 nov 04

typhoon motorsports (aka toms racing) in conjuction with intuition motorsports is having a cruise to lake mountain on sunday 14th of november 2004.

meet at typhoon motorsports

32 thornton crescent mitcham

at 10:30 am for 11:00 departure

it will take 2 hours from mitcham to lake mountain

i am going overseas soon so the guys at typhoon & intuition are organising this cruise. i hope you can join me!

i went to lake mountain last week and it was great! lake mountain is fast becoming a popular destination.

mobiles do not work there so it is handy to have a good range 2-way. thanks and i look forward to meeting with you :)

any questions about the cruise i will be happy to answer them here or you can phone me on 0421790830 (please no sms).

http://forum.tomsracing.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86

http://www.intuitionperformance.com.au/for...topic.php?t=226 (you will need to register before you can access this)

thornton.gif

Edited by kcorro

could those coming please arrive with petrol and tyres checked ready to go as with so many cars it makes it hard for us to go to a petrol station in a group without wasting too much time and looking like trouble makers on a sunday morning.

Edited by kcorro

Hi all,

I am orgainse with typhoon motorsports and Marcus for this cruise.

We am hoping to see everyone there and we will be cruiseing up to lake mountain.

For those who dont know me, i am James the one who will be driving the Subaru black Liberty GT and will be leading the cruise to lake mountain.

This Cruise is Open to all people and people who wants to have fun.

Not open to people who drive like a street racer hero!!

This is a cruise!! NOT a RACE. (if you want to RACE, please do not join us for this cruise)

Cheers,

DarkWatch

MSN: DarkWatch@hotmail.com

Thanks James, Good to hear that it will be a sensible cruise :) More fun for everyone.

Unfortunately something's come up for me so I wont be able to make it :angry::unsure: :( I was really looking forward to it too.

I'll still try to make it for the morning meet though. If I don't, have fun everyone and be safe.

Hi James

Don't worry we will behave, anyways I will.

Also people who know how to drive, drive 2WD, other have to resort to AWD/4WD  :D ..........joking

Cheers

Sport1vo

Hahaha, thats funny.. the AWD is fun to drive if you knows and understands how to push the limits of the AWD.

yeah, i had 2wd most of my time in 13 years of driving, so now just wanna try something different.. hehehe

Still AWD rules.. trust me mate, once you own a AWD, u never goes back.. B)

For Those who needs a CB radio and you dont know where to buy and which one to buy..

Here is some information for you guys:

http://www.timeplus.com.au (VIC) and http://www.prestigecom.net.au/

IF you dunno which one to get and if you have bugect:

Uniden Uniden UH044 (2 Watt) UHF CB $139.00

Icom IC40S Series 2 (5 watts) UHF CB $385.00

Try not to buy 0.5 watt or 1 watt CB radio as they arent very good for cruising up or in the mountains

you can also buy the CB radios at your local Dicksmith.

Cheers

so the mob from here that is coming

1. kcorro

2. cougs

3. sport1vo

4. 1zzfe (only to the meet)

5. ilivfor6

6. trd141

do we have any more members? this is a friendly organised cruise so please if you are thinking of coming let us know.

those coming please arrive on time as we will depart 11:00 sharp.

if you have a 2-way bring it even if it is a low power model. we understand most people coming will not have a 2-way so we will take extra care in checking that everyone is safe at check points along the way.

:)

so the mob from here that is coming

1. kcorro

2. cougs

3. sport1vo

4. 1zzfe (only to the meet)

5. ilivfor6

6. trd141

do we have any more members? this is a friendly organised cruise so please if you are thinking of coming let us know.

those coming please arrive on time as we will depart 11:00 sharp.

if you have a 2-way bring it even if it is a low power model. we understand most people coming will not have a 2-way so we will take extra care in checking that everyone is safe at check points along the way.

:)

Peekays coming too!

Dear Guys,

Thanks to all who come down for the cruise..

It was really a Awesome cruise orgainise with Macus and the rest. You guys are awesome...

We have alot of fun driving up to lake mountain and came down to healsville for lunch and a passby told us someone from our group lock himself at lake mountain and need help to call RACV and contact us.

We had to drive all the way up there to save and in the end, we got him.. he really waited for us for 5 hours.. yeah geez...

On our way back to lake mountain, one of the girl driver who was in the black civic spur out at blackspur and hit her bumper, lucky it was just a small crack on the bumper.. I hope nothing is wrong to your car..

Anyway, end of the day, everyone was happy and we had alot of fun..

Thanks to everyone who is being so supportive and went back to lake mountain 2nd round..

Cheers all..

PS: BTW, Anyone has the photos ?

DarkWatch aka James (Subaru Black GT)

www.intutionmods.com

Edited by DarkWatch

On the cruise I had to make a stop for the missus to take a toilet break. By the time we pulled back onto the road all the others had gone, so instead of trying to catch Peekay showed us some real drivers roads.

Guys (and I meen the Melbourne boys on this forum) we have to organise a day to go back.

Imagine a back road that goes for about 10km, no other traffic at all. Just paddocks on either side and you can see way off into the distance all directions. Now imagine the road is perfectly sealed with no noticeable imperfections, that sweeps through long corners and a few good sharp 90 degree bends. All this and the only road sign reads 100.

This was honestly the best drive I have ever had. The whole length of this road I kept the RX8 in 2nd or 3rd above 6500rpm. Peekay was in the back grinning from ear to ear, the rotary was absolutely singing and the wife was snoring :blink: !... Honest she was.

Even the roads back to Melbourne were good driving. For 3/4 of the distance they are long sweeping corners and short straights that just ooz driving fun. Both Peekay & myself drove the RX8 back along these roads and honestly finished in amazement at the cars handling. We have both driven a lot of top performance cars and have to say this car is right at the top of the table. Wow it was a great drive.

Cmon guys we have to go back. You will not be sorry. It honestly makes the drive to Arthurs Seat look like a boring drive up a straight freeway!

:D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Ilivfor6