Beeping in reverse... anyway of killing it?

Hi guys,

I'm looking at putting a reversing sensor on my stivo and was wondering if there is anyway of killing the beeping that happens when you place it in reverse... i have done a search and all i could find is to remove the whole beeper which stops the key reminder and headlight reminder also.

I was wondering if there is another way that i could not find... for example, removing the sensor from the reverse gate on the gearbox, etc... any info/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hey mate i have the genuine origional instalation guide to install the reverse parking sensor. have a go wit this diagram and let me know how u go??

Thank you.... will give it a go.

If it wasnt for that faggoty beep, I would of smashed through the garage door sooooo many times by now....

lol, a little of an overkill and very distracting when the reversing sensor is beeping also.

Thank you for all the help guys. :)

you can just cut one of the wires that go into the cluster and it will stop.

Is this like one of the Die Hard movies where you have to pick a colour & if you get the wrong one the car blows up :o

I asked Toyota to disable the key in ignition sensor last service as its physically impossible to lock the car without the key and they told me no can do as it would be "modifying the vehicle" :angry:

you can just cut one of the wires that go into the cluster and it will stop.

Is this like one of the Die Hard movies where you have to pick a colour & if you get the wrong one the car blows up :o

I asked Toyota to disable the key in ignition sensor last service as its physically impossible to lock the car without the key and they told me no can do as it would be "modifying the vehicle" :angry:

LOL, if at first you don't succeed, try try again.... you'll eventually cut the correct wire.