Sx 6 owners!!

Y-tRy

hey all, i'm a FOB to this forum but would like to meet any sx 6 owners or any aurion owner really haha, curently own a month old sx 6 07 model, drives like a beauty!! loving the aurions!!! haha 3 days ago i also made a subaru wrx popd his eye wen i left him at the trafic light can u spell BURRRNN!!!(i cant) lol

Hey Y-try,

I'm driving a black sx6, totally loving it!

left a story of my experiance with an STI the other night

find it here http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...=13102&st=0

you're right, taking off wrx's really have nothing on us! =)

hey darius,

lol sounded like u had a blast! dat's wiked! long live aurions lol

btw would any one that owns a SX 6 now ever feel like they wished they had bought a ZR 6 instead

not that i do but some mates of mine wished they had though...

has anyone felt like dat?

Congrats with the car =)

I own a ZR6, love the car! no regrets at all.

Havent encountered any challanges yet tho =p

and as for mods, only have 8000K HIDs done.

next on list are rims and coilovers.

im surprised you beat the wrx, honestly i would think the aurion would lose because rexies are AWD/turbo and since its AWD

more traction when launching compared to FWD.

but yeah i guess i was proved wrong =p

Edited by ZZR88

im surprised you beat the wrx, honestly i would think the aurion would lose because rexies are AWD/turbo and since its AWD

Well yeah... 'technically' speaking, off the line a rex should be an aurion, but once you take into account that a rex driver has to clutch in and out to change gear, unless the driver is pro, they could be losing up to or over a second of acceleration time, during which we would be absolutely gunning it!

from 80-110 the rex would be in front because they would be in about 4th gear, and they would be spending the entire time above 4k revs, which means a long time of turbo! (as long as they know how to drive and don't change too early, they will beat us at this point) but then as soon they change from 4th to 5th,

their acceleration goes all the way down again, and while we're still gunning they have dropped their revs, and have to climb back up to hit turbo again,

at which point they'll have been left because because the aurions high end torque it beastly!

lol sounded like u had a blast! dat's wiked! long live aurions lol

btw would any one that owns a SX 6 now ever feel like they wished they had bought a ZR 6 instead

not that i do but some mates of mine wished they had though...

has anyone felt like dat?

No not, yet... but most likely because my car is still new, maybe after a few months i'll start to feel like that, but if you remember that you get what you paid for, then it shouldn't make you wish for a ZR 6. Same car, but a few more features.

Hey Y-try,

I'm driving a black sx6, totally loving it!

left a story of my experiance with an STI the other night

find it here http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...=13102&st=0

you're right, taking off wrx's really have nothing on us! =)

Haha lol, well given the sti does 0-100 in 5.4 stock plus 4wd compared to 7.2 for the aurion only fwd, I can just blame the driver on this one.

Ive beaten a person in a TT supra on the dragstrip of course but just hitting 100km/h only.

He was changing gears poorly and not power shifting (keeping the power up) and his car was full of junk material, (triple bookshelf spoilers, stickers beyond belief), and given the look he probably has the cheapo 20 buck silverstone tyres which break traction on daily driving, or purposely used for burnout hero sessions.

Its always 2 x the better feeling beating someone in a less of a class car :)

I remember when I had ****ty tyres at one stage, not really ****ty but bald, i couldnt overtake a tram in the wet!

oh don't under estimate the wrx he was beasty high torque but couldn't be driven to it's full potential

i rekon it has got to do wif the P-plater :P hahaha but yer with the pros behind the seat we would be

the one trying to catch up!!

nevertheless still loving them aurions haha

DAMN i got flash today!!! n its a speeding ticket coming my way!!:( total sadness

meh bak to work i guess :P anyway any1 read the post about how they wanted an aurion cruise gatherin

how's that goin? any1 know

show some pics after the mod zzr88!!! :D

btw darius n zzr88 where r u guys about in australia?

Well yeah... 'technically' speaking, off the line a rex should be an aurion, but once you take into account that a rex driver has to clutch in and out to change gear, unless the driver is pro, they could be losing up to or over a second of acceleration time, during which we would be absolutely gunning it!

from 80-110 the rex would be in front because they would be in about 4th gear, and they would be spending the entire time above 4k revs, which means a long time of turbo! (as long as they know how to drive and don't change too early, they will beat us at this point) but then as soon they change from 4th to 5th,

their acceleration goes all the way down again, and while we're still gunning they have dropped their revs, and have to climb back up to hit turbo again,

at which point they'll have been left because because the aurions high end torque it beastly!

well by the time they are on the 4th 5th geat they would be in the 200km/h zone, so the race would be over long time ago, unless you plan to drag across the nullabor haha.

oh yeah torque of the sti is 398nm holding up from a nice 4000rpm... so no issues there...

don't want to burst peoples bubble here, but really even a TRD aurion (6.1-6.2 - 0-100) wont beat the sti

well by the time they are on the 4th 5th geat they would be in the 200km/h zone, so the race would be over long time ago, unless you plan to drag across the nullabor haha.

oh yeah torque of the sti is 398nm holding up from a nice 4000rpm... so no issues there...

don't want to burst peoples bubble here, but really even a TRD aurion (6.1-6.2 - 0-100) wont beat the sti

Ah, but of course, you're not bursting any bubbles here, I think we all know that 'realistically'. At the end of the day we need to realize that we're hooning around in family cars, (albeit with very big engines). But lets face it, most of the kids out there there driving the 2nd hand rex mummy n daddy bought for them would be hard pressing driving out of their drive way let alone getting from 0-100km in their cars potential time.

I'm not saying that we many of us are any better, but the beauty of it is... you don't have to drive well with a semi automatic V6 3.5L...

Just point the car in the direction you want to head and floor it! =p

Y-try, I'm from melbourne. Glen Waverly area

Honk the NSW-plated green ZR6 passing the area in a couple of weeks if you see it ;)

Honk the black SX6, with black plates on my name on them if you see it! =)

what will you be doing down in melb saintly??

maybe we could get a few other aurions around melb and have a photo shoot if you have the time?

oh don't under estimate the wrx he was beasty high torque but couldn't be driven to it's full potential

i rekon it has got to do wif the P-plater :P hahaha but yer with the pros behind the seat we would be

the one trying to catch up!!

nevertheless still loving them aurions haha

DAMN i got flash today!!! n its a speeding ticket coming my way!!:( total sadness

meh bak to work i guess :P anyway any1 read the post about how they wanted an aurion cruise gatherin

how's that goin? any1 know

show some pics after the mod zzr88!!! :D

btw darius n zzr88 where r u guys about in australia?

yip, once i get it done ill post some pics =)

Im located in Brisbane.

what about u?

yip, once i get it done ill post some pics =)

Im located in Brisbane.

what about u?

I'm in Perth. any1 else from boredsville?

HONK any aurion you see by...waahahaha!

Edited by Y-tRy

Honk the NSW-plated green ZR6 passing the area in a couple of weeks if you see it ;)

Honk the black SX6, with black plates on my name on them if you see it! =)

what will you be doing down in melb saintly??

maybe we could get a few other aurions around melb and have a photo shoot if you have the time?

visiting my folks for the christmas festive season.

We could certainly get together (for a couple of hours) but I'm only a tight schedule (with 2 free mornings (24&27) and 1 full day (28) available)

hey lads,

does anybody knows when vvt-i kicks in??

4000-4500 rpm??

i neva payd attention to it.

oh btw Merry christmas everybody and have a great holiday!!!

vvti is constant so there is no kicking in of vvti. it pretty much starts from 1rpm me thinks.

Ah, but of course, you're not bursting any bubbles here, I think we all know that 'realistically'. At the end of the day we need to realize that we're hooning around in family cars, (albeit with very big engines). But lets face it, most of the kids out there there driving the 2nd hand rex mummy n daddy bought for them would be hard pressing driving out of their drive way let alone getting from 0-100km in their cars potential time.

I'm not saying that we many of us are any better, but the beauty of it is... you don't have to drive well with a semi automatic V6 3.5L...

Just point the car in the direction you want to head and floor it! =p

Touche on both accounts... just making sure no misunderstanding that driver and car are seperate and that if you beat a STI, or a Ferrari to 0-100 means that you have a better car, people can develop a dangerous ego after such things that may lead to bad accidents going ahread... Also yeah im from Glen Waverley area as well more to Vermont..

Touche on both accounts... just making sure no misunderstanding that driver and car are seperate and that if you beat a STI, or a Ferrari to 0-100 means that you have a better car, people can develop a dangerous ego after such things that may lead to bad accidents going ahread... Also yeah im from Glen Waverley area as well more to Vermont..

Hey, didn't know that! I've seen a couple of black zr6's cruising around now, If you see an sx6 with my name on the plates, give it a honk and a wave, and i'll honk right back!

Hey, didn't know that! I've seen a couple of black zr6's cruising around now, If you see an sx6 with my name on the plates, give it a honk and a wave, and i'll honk right back!

Will do!