Hail storm from hell!

CORZZA

Well This is the hail storm we recieved last night sunday the 9th at around about 4:30pm! Massive superstorm 15km high and 5kms wide

it lasted +- 15mins and caused over $2 million + worth of damage

Picture033.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

The skylight:

Picture037.jpg

gosh! those hail are HUGEEEEE!!! Im just glad I went shopping @ Victoria Trading, near Castle Hill tavern (parked underground) around 4pm. Jjust went I'm about to checkout the hail started pelting down like hell! :blink: . Lucky I called my parents and tell them to get the cars inside the garage & so they did then 30sec later they got hit (so lucky). Funny thing was, my brother's old bomb Civic was parked outside (on the road), we totally forgot about it (since its an old bomb car), we were surprised to find out that the hail didn't make a single dent on the civic! :yahoo::toast:

well here are photos that I took on the way back to my place (Castle Hill, Showground rd)

09122007586iy7.jpg

09122007588es7.jpg

09122007589un4.jpg

09122007590go3.jpg

Tree branch blocking the main road.

09122007591ue5.jpg

09122007593kh6.jpg

A massive tree collapsed onto Showground road.

These photos below taken by my mate:

img8178ip4.jpg

img8180bt6.jpg

img8188iy2.jpg

img8186kp7.jpg

Edited by leasaunce

• 1 month later...
Strewth mate, thats a ******en ripper storm eh!!

Too right cobba!

Insurance companies are going to be busier than a one legged man in an @rse kicking competition

in an update to this.............

the earliest date i could be assesed was dec 31. and the earliest they said that car could be fixed it 2009 if i leave it with nrma. so they told me to find my own repairer. i have rang up smash repairs all the way up to windsor and blue mountains and the earliest i can book the car in was just before may. the worst being july. gosh!!

and i even tried the dent masters they said they got bookings till december cause of that 10 minute storm. and many are choosing not to claim on their insurance.

i drive down blacktown on newton road and every house still has tarps on the roof. i wonder how insurance is going with house repairs if its that bad for just some car repairs.

GIO came out within 10 days to assess our place but don't know when they'll get anyone out to fix the damages. My partner's car is at the panel beaters as we speak and should be ready for pick up this weekend :)

It pays to stay on hold until you can talk to your insurance company ;)

GIO came out within 10 days to assess our place but don't know when they'll get anyone out to fix the damages. My partner's car is at the panel beaters as we speak and should be ready for pick up this weekend :)

It pays to stay on hold until you can talk to your insurance company ;)

i was on hold for 2 and a bit hours too. but i think nrma just suck. i rang 8am the day after the storm. by the time i got through the assessment centre was all book out till dec 31.

they couldn't even suggest a good panel beater i had to find one in my own time. they said they just paying for it. geeze.