Cam cover painting preperation

OMG-16V

Heys Guys,

Today I got my spare set of Cam covers sand-blasted (see picture below). Basically I am going to have these painted in a Red Two-pack Expoxy heat treated paint with the use of a spray-gun, I want them to stand out like dogs balls..

I know most other people have painted the cam covers in the VHT Engine Enamel paint, I for one have my existing set of cam covers painted in VHT paint, but IMO i think the VHT paint looks just flat and plain, and I have noticed the paint is starting to bubble since I accidentally spilt oil over it.

dsc00759jx4.jpg

Now I would like to know how to...

Sand this inlet so it looks polished

dsc00757sc3.jpg

What would be good way to remove the substances out of inside it? I want to have to have it looking clean free of sludge..

dsc00758en8.jpg

And If I sand the letters would they develop rust afterwards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by OMG-16V

should best ask a car paint pro.

theres a great place about a minute off the great western highway near the (fox hills?) golf course around girraween/toongabie area if u are able 2 go round there... ill give you the contacts if you are interested.

they got all the paint, and sell the equipment and they are pretty good with advice on painting 2 if u wanna do this DIY.

Hey man,

Check out this guide on how to polish metal, that should show you hot to polish that inlet Polishing guide here!

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the link to the guide Chris, is very helpful

should best ask a car paint pro.

theres a great place about a minute off the great western highway near the (fox hills?) golf course around girraween/toongabie area if u are able 2 go round there... ill give you the contacts if you are interested.

they got all the paint, and sell the equipment and they are pretty good with advice on painting 2 if u wanna do this DIY.

Thanks for the advice, however i was seeking assitance in regards to preparing the cam covers (by removing the media of the covers after sand blasting it) before i get it painted elsewhere

And If I sand the letters would they develop rust afterwards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The covers are going to be alloy, and aluminium alloy is self-passivating, so no rust (not your traditional rusty brown rust anyway)