SX6 or ZR6

aurion_zr6

hey guys

like i said in my previous things im so close to getting my aurion just a few things like ,

the sx6 is a fair bit cheaper than the zr6 and the features arnt all that different from each other so is it worth getting the sx6 ?

whats everyones thoughts?

thanks

differences Well...

Leather seats

Dual Electric powered seats

Dual Zone Auto climate control system

Park Assist

Smart Start

Smart Entry

Chrome interior door handles

Mica / Metallic Paint

...and fully sick Zr6 Badge

RRP on these things added if they were options are well over 10K...

So I say yes.

differences Well...

Leather seats

Park Assist

Smart Start

Smart Entry

Mica / Metallic Paint

So I say yes.

I think the spare tyre on the SX6 is only a full size spare as opposed to a full size alloy spare. That's what I was told by friend rep

differences Well...

Leather seats

Park Assist

Smart Start

Smart Entry

Mica / Metallic Paint

So I say yes.

the $$$$ and the fact the used car lot had none for sale (ZR6) were the reasons that made me go with the SX6.

I live in the tropics so leather seats aren't really that great a thing to have up here in the heat

dual powered seats- i don't intend on being the passenger all that often in her.

dual climate control- again tropics, A/C goes straight to full cold and fan up to high

park assist- i think i can park reasonably enough to not require it

smart start- i have no problem with using a key , hehehe

smart entry- i have no problem using the remote

chrome interior handles- yeah they look good, but i am more concerned with looking at the road and the speedo

mica/metallica paint- i went with black.

the fully sick ZR6 badge, yeah, that is a bit more sexier than SX6.

so you can see, for me the SX6 is adequate enough for my needs, it's up to whatever the user requires and wants I suppose.

(my above comments were all TIC by the way :whistling: )

Edited by beaves

I got a better deal with the SX6 and with the added options of leather (of my own liking) and tints, floor lights etc. it still came cheaper than the ZR6. I would have liked the push start but would not really need the other features as it will only be the family in the weekends and me for 5 days a week. I can use the money I saved in getting some after market 19s.

differences Well...

Leather seats

Park Assist

Smart Start

Smart Entry

Mica / Metallic Paint

So I say yes.

the $$$$ and the fact the used car lot had none for sale (ZR6) were the reasons that made me go with the SX6.

I live in the tropics so leather seats aren't really that great a thing to have up here in the heat

dual powered seats- i don't intend on being the passenger all that often in her.

dual climate control- again tropics, A/C goes straight to full cold and fan up to high

park assist- i think i can park reasonably enough to not require it

smart start- i have no problem with using a key , hehehe

smart entry- i have no problem using the remote

chrome interior handles- yeah they look good, but i am more concerned with looking at the road and the speedo

mica/metallica paint- i went with black.

the fully sick ZR6 badge, yeah, that is a bit more sexier than SX6.

so you can see, for me the SX6 is adequate enough for my needs, it's up to whatever the user requires and wants I suppose.

(my above comments were all TIC by the way :whistling: )

Your saying the ZR6 badge is better? I think the S.EX6 badge is better!!

• 2 months later...
U will B happy'r with da ZR6 if U hav da funds 4 1! :yahoo:

ive got the zr6 just for the badge j/k. i love the total package. im glad i didnt have to settle for the sx6.

same here, ive also got the moon roof and sat nav options. the smart key makes a huge difference, it will impress a lot of pple hehe

I got a better deal with the SX6 and with the added options of leather (of my own liking) and tints, floor lights etc. it still came cheaper than the ZR6. I would have liked the push start but would not really need the other features as it will only be the family in the weekends and me for 5 days a week. I can use the money I saved in getting some after market 19s.

This guy has the right idea.

If you don't care about push button starts, and don't need help parking your car :P , then why pay for them?

And if you're going to be modding the car anyway, theres a good chance you may debadge it - so why worry about the badge either?

Add whatever specs you think you can't live without to the SX6, then compare price.

As said before people circumstances dictate what to buy, if you dont care about the finer things then why spend that extra.

Personally I like the extras use them alot, e.g. my gf gets colder easier than me so the dual zone is bliss.

This guy has the right idea.

If you don't care about push button starts, and don't need help parking your car :P , then why pay for them?

And if you're going to be modding the car anyway, theres a good chance you may debadge it - so why worry about the badge either?

Add whatever specs you think you can't live without to the SX6, then compare price.

I have a ZR6 and like it a lot. I love keyless entry and start, I hope that I'll never have to use a key again (which limits me a bit to Toyota or Bugatti Veyron :huh: )

The park assist has saved my rear bumber once. We were at the Good Guys Parafield and someone had parked in the dark behind me with a trailer. Visibility isnt that great out the back of the car, and I doubt i'd have spotted it anyway, the trailer being quite low.

I also like the leather which of course can be optioned on other models.