Aurion Service

ZZR88

Hey all~

Just a few questions, My aurion currently has done 7000K's

I got the free complementary service done at 1000K's so when should i have my next service?

In the service book it says 7500K's for servre operating conditions (Extra maintanice) and 15, 000K's for normal Operating conditions.

I Drive the car normally so i dont think i need the extra manitanice one.

So do i just waite for the 15,000K service? or should i get it serviced earlier?

Hey all~

Just a few questions, My aurion currently has done 7000K's

I got the free complementary service done at 1000K's so when should i have my next service?

In the service book it says 7500K's for servre operating conditions (Extra maintanice) and 15, 000K's for normal Operating conditions.

I Drive the car normally so i dont think i need the extra manitanice one.

So do i just waite for the 15,000K service? or should i get it serviced earlier?

The servicing person would have told you when next... i drive normally as well and only did 1000k and 15000k servicing so far...

^oh ok~ It says 7500 on the windscreen sticker but thats for like (extra maintainace)

So i gues my next service will be at 15,000K to then.

thanks

LOL... on that sticker, mine says 10k

Severe Maintenance is only for if you tow a caravan / trailer or/and cross country driving etc

The dealership should have told you about it.

The stickers should match your logbook servicing.

Just waiti till your 15,000Km scheduled service. I had my complementary at 2000km premature of the 5,000k the dealer told me to bring it in due to some car problems.

Edited by AcoustiK

Severe Maintenance is only for if you tow a caravan / trailer or/and cross country driving etc

The dealership should have told you about it.

The stickers should match your logbook servicing.

Just waiti till your 15,000Km scheduled service. I had my complementary at 2000km premature of the 5,000k the dealer told me to bring it in due to some car problems.

mine said 10000 as well and my next one is at 30000 :D who knows how much they say for holden. every 5000 i guess :P

• 11 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread.

I tend to service the Aurion as specified every 12 months or 15,000km. We did the first at 12 months (not counting the 1000km one).

Our dealership has sent us a reminder 6 months later. I was not planning on servicing until 1 year later. I thought this was for severe cases. The car however is a city car, mostly stop start suburban driving.

Is it fine to wait for the 2 year mark?

I have an older car which is meant to have 6 month 10000km service intervals so I tend to do it more frequently in that car. I've always been told that oil etc should be changed more frequently than every 12 months but I have just been going by the toyota manual.

Resurrecting an old thread.

I tend to service the Aurion as specified every 12 months or 15,000km. We did the first at 12 months (not counting the 1000km one).

Our dealership has sent us a reminder 6 months later. I was not planning on servicing until 1 year later. I thought this was for severe cases. The car however is a city car, mostly stop start suburban driving.

Is it fine to wait for the 2 year mark?

I have an older car which is meant to have 6 month 10000km service intervals so I tend to do it more frequently in that car. I've always been told that oil etc should be changed more frequently than every 12 months but I have just been going by the toyota manual.

It is recommended that you service it at either the 15,000km or 12 month interval; whichever occurs first. I would definitely not leave it for 24 months, even if you don't travel far. As a matter of fact, doing mostly stop start and city driving would put extra wear on the engine in comparison to highway driving, so I would never even think of letting a car like that go longer than 12 months without a service.

It is recommended that you service it at either the 15,000km or 12 month interval; whichever occurs first. I would definitely not leave it for 24 months, even if you don't travel far. As a matter of fact, doing mostly stop start and city driving would put extra wear on the engine in comparison to highway driving, so I would never even think of letting a car like that go longer than 12 months without a service.

When I said 2 year mark, I mean my car is 18 months old. It was serviced at 12 months of age. I was planning to do it again at 2 years of age, but now at 18 months, they have sent us a reminder to do a service.

Should I leave it as I planned for another 6 months if the car is running fine?

When I said 2 year mark, I mean my car is 18 months old. It was serviced at 12 months of age. I was planning to do it again at 2 years of age, but now at 18 months, they have sent us a reminder to do a service.

Should I leave it as I planned for another 6 months if the car is running fine?

Well that's really up to you. If you have travelled closer to 7,500km between your last service, it is definitely something to think of. Car engines that experience a lot of city driving are more prone to developing oil sludging issues so an oil and filter change at the 6 month/7,500km mark wont hurt.

Got mine serviced today and asked the rep why they request it every 7,500 km's when it says 15,000 km's in the book. He said it's for preventative scheduled maintenance. The cost of this to me is capped at $120.00 unless you ask for injector servicing etc etc then the price adds up, like today where $388.95 (inc wheel rotation and alignment + various other things) later i rolled out. If the oil etc is going to cost me $50 - $60 bucks and it's capped at $120 then I don't care especially when I don't pay for it.

i was told by the service centre that the 7,500km service intervals are not covered by the toyota advantage, and therefore will be charged at the full retail price of the service (ie, from $100-$300 depending on what needs doing)...

I rang my Toyota Dealer and explained the car has done 4000km since 6 months ago and he basically said that the service letter sent was an automated one, and that the Aurion only requires a yearly service and should be fine to wait another 6 months.