Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

Hi, I'm after a 09 Kluger Grande 2WD with front+back sensors, front+back mats, I got a quote on Toyota gold fleet discount of $62,553 drive away. Is this a reasonale price or did others get theirs at a lot cheaper?

There is a reason they are called Gold Fleet :D , seems steep to me ;)

Thanks, they just called back today with the trade in price of my other car, and unfortunately what they offer my car is still $7K away from my payback figure to the leasing company, so might have to re-do my maths again.

I had the same problem when selling my lease car so i ended up using Novated Remarketing ...as a suggestion, got a better price than trade in but lower price than selling privately ..

Hey mate, how does Novated Remarketing work? is it like adding the residual amount of your original vehicle to the next car?I've asked my novated lease company (called NLC) and they said u must payout the owing amount on the first car regardless u trade it in or sell it privately.

Check their website out

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/Novated+Lease+Remarketing/

Basically they will value the car .. what they think they can sell the car for .. then if its less than the residual .. then you give them the difference and they will pay out the residual .. eg .. if residual of the car is $20K .. and they think the value of the car is $2K .. then you have to give them $2k and they will pay out the residual. Sometimes they may think they can sell the car for $22K .. then they will pay out the residual and and give you extra $2K less their fees ..

But in the end if they end up selling the car for $25K .. they will give you $25K less their fees .. so they are basically selling your car for you but they will pay the residual out before they even sell the car !

PRobably best to give them a call to get a better understanding its pretty hard to explain

Thanks guys, I ended up trading it back to Toyota where this dealer gave me a price which was $2K away from my residual, so ended up getting a 2WD Grande, with front+back sensors, front+back mats and front window tinting for $59,500. Picking up in mid September.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, I am in Pertrh. I want to buy a KX-S 2WD 7 seats for business and I got a offer for $56K(Non fleet) including towbar,nudgebar,cargo mat,carpetmat,weather shields

I think it is too high after seeing others quotes, may be I can bargain it for $50K you guys reckon ?

btw, this is a great forum

Edited by johnz02

Hi all, I am in Pertrh. I want to buy a KX-S 2WD 7 seats for business and I got a offer for $56K(Non fleet) including towbar,nudgebar,cargo mat,carpetmat,weather shields

I think it is too high after seeing others quotes, may be I can bargain it for $50K you guys reckon ?

I got mine for just under 54k in Brisbane for the same thing excluding the nudge bar and weather shields, but did get them to do the tinting. I had to work pretty hard to get them down to that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just joined and used this thread alot when negotiating price on new grapite 2WD KLUGER KXR from Toyota Dealer in Melbourne. Are just awaiting finance, but negotiated $43,990 on-road including GRANDE wheels and carpet mats. Another customer purhcased a Grande from the dealer and they didn't want the Grande wheels so took some KXR wheels instead, leaving the Grande wheels available. The salesman said that the wheels owe him about $1000, so added that into our final price. I think that the wheels to purchase are quite $$$$$...

SO.......

Toyota KLUGER KXR 7 seater, 2WD, (Graphite) = $42990 on-road

+ Grande wheels,carpet mats = $1000

TOTAL =$43990 on road.

Pretty good deal I think!! Traded a 2007 Rav4 Cruiser for $28000 included in the deal.

Edited by KXRuising

Hi guys, just joined and used this thread alot when negotiating price on new grapite 2WD KLUGER KXR from Toyota Dealer in Melbourne. Are just awaiting finance, but negotiated $43,990 on-road including GRANDE wheels and carpet mats. Another customer purhcased a Grande from the dealer and they didn't want the Grande wheels so took some KXR wheels instead, leaving the Grande wheels available. The salesman said that the wheels owe him about $1000, so added that into our final price. I think that the wheels to purchase are quite $$$$$...

SO.......

TOTAL =$43990 on road.

Pretty good deal I think!! Traded a 2007 Rav4 Cruiser for $28000 included in the deal.

Just be aware with the 19" Grande wheels you'll have a limited choice from only two very expensive replacement tyres.

SO.......

TOTAL =$43990 on road.

Just be aware with the 19" Grande wheels you'll have a limited choice from only two very expensive replacement tyres.

wouldnt that be the case with any aftermarket 19" rim for the kluger ? as even a variation of .5" in rim width from an aftermarket rim cant bring out that much extra choice in tread.....do they require an odd load rating at wierd profile to fit the 19" and remain in check rolling diameter and speedo wise ?

wouldnt that be the case with any aftermarket 19" rim for the kluger ? as even a variation of .5" in rim width from an aftermarket rim cant bring out that much extra choice in tread.....do they require an odd load rating at wierd profile to fit the 19" and remain in check rolling diameter and speedo wise ?

Tyre issues have been well documented. See following threads:

Alternative 19" tyres for KX-S and Grande Kluger

replacement rubber for Kluger 19 inch wheels

Basically they seem to have a profile which only gives limited options.

The Kluger 19" tyres require a 245/55R19 tyre of which there are only two available in Australia.

Tyre issues have been well documented. See following threads:

Alternative 19" tyres for KX-S and Grande Kluger

replacement rubber for Kluger 19 inch wheels

Basically they seem to have a profile which only gives limited options.

The Kluger 19" tyres require a 245/55R19 tyre of which there are only two available in Australia.

so whats the stats of the rim ? 19 X an odd amount......what i was getting at is it 19" in general on the vehicle thats hard to then get the right load/speed and rolling diameter or does the toyota rim have odd width.

so whats the stats of the rim ? 19 X an odd amount......what i was getting at is it 19" in general on the vehicle thats hard to then get the right load/speed and rolling diameter or does the toyota rim have odd width.

The base model Kluger (KX-R) comes with 17" rims, for which there are plenty of choices for replacement tyres, including better quality ones. The mid and top level Klugers (KX-S & Grande) come with 19" rims. That is why the KX-R doesn't have the same issue. The two tyre options available for the specified tyre size on the 19" rims both have a bad reputation for fast wear (and in the US, poor snow performance). There don't seem to be too many options available just either side of the specified tyre size, and of these, non of them rate highly. Clearances also start becoming an issue.

Probably not a good idea asking as I guess some people are tempted to perhaps not be totally honest about the $$ they pay... but we've been quoted $66k for Grande AWD with Metallic on the road. Only option is front and rear parking sensors. No mats, sidesteps or any other options.

My question is simply: Is that a good price? I know this is less than RRP (but who pays RRP ayway). I don't know why but I just feel like I'm paying over the odds

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I am a new member, I've beed quoted $64k for (Non-fleet) Grande AWD (Sydney) with towbar, parking sensors, carpet mat.

Any better deal ? please let me know.

many thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

Definitely, you can bargain it for $50K in Terry Shield in Parramatta NSW.

Goodluck.

Probably not a good idea asking as I guess some people are tempted to perhaps not be totally honest about the $$ they pay... but we've been quoted $66k for Grande AWD with Metallic on the road. Only option is front and rear parking sensors. No mats, sidesteps or any other options.

My question is simply: Is that a good price? I know this is less than RRP (but who pays RRP ayway). I don't know why but I just feel like I'm paying over the odds

I just bought my kluger kxs 2wheel for $49.880 this weekend. I think it was a good deal.

I just bought my kluger kxs 2wheel for $49.880 this weekend. I think it was a good deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any accessories ? which's dealer ?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any accessories ? which's dealer ?

Thanks.

SYDNEY Phillgilbert in Lidcombe but I had similar deals from parramatta and billbuckle(brookvale) as well. MAts and weathershields but if i push them they could add bull bars and side steps too but personally i dont like those.

It looks like the price in NSW is a lot cheaper than the one in Perth. I am thinking of getting a new one from NSW.

I dont like bullbar and side step so I just got weathershields and mats but I am sure if you push them they can add couple of more accessories.

If you wanna buy it from sydney I can help you so just let me know.

Good luck..

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased yesterday....awaiting delivery (approx. 4 weeks)

2009 KX-R 2WD 7 Seater (Oct 09 build)

Graphite with black interior

Included Factory options;

Nudge Bar

Side Steps

Tow bar/ball/7 pin plug

Front & Rear parking sensors

Black carpet mats

$46.5K - driveaway (no trade-in, straight purchase).

My Wife then decided she wanted the factory window tint, which we added for $425

Had I known, I would have pushed this into the mix before we'd signed the contract.

All in all we are very happy with the price and looking forward to picking it up and going somewhere for a long weekend to give it a good run!

Hey guys

I am looking for a Kluger for my next door neighbour. Based in Sydney and I own an 08 / Grande.

Just been quoted "Low $60's for

Grande 2WD

Front and Back Park

Mats

Tinting all round

Private use

I actually paid $58,500 in Feb 08 but I undertand that in the last 18 months prices rose due to the $ etc.

Do you reckon that 'Low $60's' is a good price

+ is there a model refresh coming soon?

Cheers

Jeloz

Edited by jeloz

I'm interested to hear what people are paying for a KX-R AWD in more recent months. I sold my Landcruiser 100 series today (it'll take me a long time to get over it! :( ) and am looking at down sizing into a Kluger. I spoke to a Toyota dealer yesterday who said I should be able to drive away in an AWD KX-R for about $45k. Like the last poster asked, is there any word of a refresh anytime soon?

Cheers,

I'm interested to hear what people are paying for a KX-R AWD in more recent months. I sold my Landcruiser 100 series today (it'll take me a long time to get over it! :( ) and am looking at down sizing into a Kluger. I spoke to a Toyota dealer yesterday who said I should be able to drive away in an AWD KX-R for about $45k. Like the last poster asked, is there any word of a refresh anytime soon?

Cheers,

The only thing I miss from my 100 series was the build quality and tough quality engineering, the Kluger is rubbish by comparison in those two aspects....... but it more than makes up for it in fuel efficiency, looks, handling, very cheap servicing, and unbelievable performance.

Overall you will be happy with the Kluger, I actually like mine more than the 100 series petrol I had.