Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

I went down to my local dealer today to get a quote for an AWD Altitude (white) with;

nudge bar

side steps

roof rack kit

bonnet/headlight protector

reverse parking sensors

weathershields to both front doors

carpet mat set and rear cargo mat

The saleman stated they could probably throw in most of the extras for free bringing the price down to the $53k-$55k area. Now, to me this seems pretty steep. Particularly when people seem to be getting KX-S AWD models for low $50k prices.

Yes.. You should be able to get a KX-S AWD with those extras for no more than 55K. Tho I'd suggest you get other side steps like the 'bladerunner'. Better than the stock Toyota steps and you should be able to get them installed for $700-$800. Parking sensors all around should be about $400 after market too.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lowest quote I was able to get for a Altitude FWD was $47.5 drive away, he would not budge even a little , said very little margin in it the Altitude. good luck.

Where did you get that quote from & does that include any accessories?

No accessories included, too much for my budget ,

bought a KX-R seven seater FWD instead with car mats, rear cargo mat, mud flaps, rest of the stuff I will buy after market,

I went down to my local dealer today to get a quote for an AWD Altitude (white) with;

nudge bar

side steps

roof rack kit

reverse parking sensors

Under a business registration the total came to $58,500 on-road. The saleman stated they could probably throw in most of the extras for free bringing the price down to the $53k-$55k area. Now, to me this seems pretty steep. Particularly when people seem to be getting KX-S AWD models for low $50k prices. Salesman said there was less margin in the Altitude model. When I put to him the high price and the option of upgrading to a KX-S AWD for not much more $$, to his credit he didn't try and bulls*#t me and had to agree. Seems perhaps the Altitude is not all value for money? At least when you consider the drive-away prices people are getting for the next model up.

Was told by the dealer i got mine through that is i was to buy a kxs i could get a gold fleet deal which was about $6500 off plus trade in then asked about the Altittude and was told that fleet pricing was not available due to all the extras that they had put on it (they called it a retail car) still managed $2000 off with my fleet discount which i was happy with as by the time we added the extras on the altitude to a kxs it was way over my limit

Twiggy

Just a small tip: if you order any 'Dealer fit items' with any car over 57K, you will be better off to hold them off till the car get its 1st service and fit them then.

No point to pay the government 33% Luxury Car Tax.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nudge bar

side steps

roof rack kit

reverse parking sensors

Under a business registration the total came to $58,500 on-road. The saleman stated they could probably throw in most of the extras for free bringing the price down to the $53k-$55k area. Now, to me this seems pretty steep. Particularly when people seem to be getting KX-S AWD models for low $50k prices. Salesman said there was less margin in the Altitude model. When I put to him the high price and the option of upgrading to a KX-S AWD for not much more $$, to his credit he didn't try and bulls*#t me and had to agree. Seems perhaps the Altitude is not all value for money? At least when you consider the drive-away prices people are getting for the next model up.

I've got my Altitude AWD (graphite) for $52,750 on road with side steps, carpet mats and slimline number plates. Pretty reasonable I guess. :lol:

==============

Sohigh

Hi I just found this website and this is a great topic. I am trading in my wifes 2005 cvx Kluger and my 07 hsv clubsport on two new Kluger Grande awd's and should be finalising paperwork tomorrow. My car is for business and her is private use and we have been qouted $66,000 each with tow bar and side steps on both. They don't seem to want to negotiate but the worst part is apparently there is a 3 month wait on them???

Is this waiting period genuine? Also has anyone recently purchased a grande and if so was it a similar price.

They are great cars and our 05 has been fantastic, I thought putting 19's on it may change handling but it made it heaps better!

They don't seem to want to negotiate but the worst part is apparently there is a 3 month wait on them???

The dealer didn't have any stock but mine was ready to pick up 5 days after I signed, as they promised.

Maybe you should talk to other Toyota dealers and get some idea.

==============

Sohigh

....but the worst part is apparently there is a 3 month wait on them???

Is this waiting period genuine? Also has anyone recently purchased a grande and if so was it a similar price.

I purchased a Grande 2WD recently and also have been told there is a three months wait for all Grande. Apparently there are a handful already with dealers but most dealers to not have any stock and all new ones coming into the country over the next few months are already accounted for. So unless your dealer already has one then it seems like a long wait for a Grande.

I paid 56,000 (on the road) for the 2WD Grande with carpet mats, cargo mat, sidesteps, front and rear sensors and mudflaps (that is a fleet price).

Edited by GhostCon

i will be picking my FWD Altitude up in 2 days. i got it for 48k drive away inc leather and cargo mat. i think this was a good deal but it is not always clear if the prices people are talking about on here are drive away or on road.

anway i am looking at adding a an after market sat nav system. the chaps at bill buckle toyota are point me towards a Eclipse AVN726EA has anyone got one and if so could you let me know 1) what its like 2) price 3) does it fit well or does it look like a stupid bolt on

Link: http://www.eclipse-web.com.au/Site/Product...be-3e5906103f0c

Edited by Forest Fan

Hi All,

just ordered my kx-s awd graphite with tow bar/front and rear park sensors/ nudge bar/ carpet mats/cargo mat for 50K fleet price due to lease, heard

that if i did not get my order in mid may, then the next shipment is mid-august for kluger especially the kx-s and grande versions, as no one has stock here in oz.

hopefully pickup late june

m.

Hi Uglyone,

Where did you get that price from? I'm looking at a Sandstone AWD KX-S with Tobar, Nudge Bar and driving lights and the best price I have so far is 55k. That is without Fleet discount. I am purchasing through Novated Lease so hoping to get fleet discount some way or another....

I am trying to get a better price, expecialy with the Aussie Dollar so high at the moment but seems most of the dealers are not moving much below that price.

I thought I would be getting offers all over the place with End of Financial Year Sales around....

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi all,

Best I could do was 46.5K on road for a KXR AWD 7 seater, no extras. This was a fleet price deal at Gold level.

As far as I can understand fleet pricing, you need to fill out a FORM B that the Toyota Dealer gives you. They then use this form to get a rebate from Toyota, hence the lower price. I believe there are different levels of fleet pricing (gold, silver etc). The dealership should be able to check your employer through a Toyota database and see if you are eligible. The FORM B needs to be signed by your HR department, the salesman will tell you this is just a formality, but my HR department is so far up themselves, and full of their own self importance, that it's far from a formality.

Good Luck

(edit speellling and grrmamr)

Edited by HaroldHolt

Hi all,

Best I could do was 46.5K on road for a KXR AWD 7 seater, no extras. This was a fleet price deal at Gold level.

As far as I can understand fleet pricing, you need to fill out a FORM B that the Toyota Dealer gives you. They then use this form to get a rebate from Toyota, hence the lower price. I believe there are different levels of fleet pricing (gold, silver etc). The dealership should be able to check your employer through a Toyota database and see if you are eligible. The FORM B needs to be signed by your HR department, the salesman will tell you this is just a formality, but my HR department is so far up themselves, and full of their own self importance, that it's far from a formality.

Good Luck

(edit speellling and grrmamr)

I am looking for a KXR AWD 7 Seaters, which dealer did you go for that price?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Probably not a good idea asking as I guess some people are tempted to perhaps not be totally honest about the $$ they pay... but we've been quoted $66k for Grande AWD with Metallic on the road. Only option is front and rear parking sensors. No mats, sidesteps or any other options.

My question is simply: Is that a good price? I know this is less than RRP (but who pays RRP ayway). I don't know why but I just feel like I'm paying over the odds

Just some info,although it only applies to Rio Tinto employee's here in WA. One toyota dealership has a deal that offers 8-10% off the new car price. I understand this is usless info for people outside the company, however it may pay to see if other dealerships across Australia have similar arangements with other companies.

I'm looking at the new Grande, and hopefully will drive away for under $60K...amazing what they can do if they desire isn't it!

Great forum BTW...cheers for your time.

KXR 7 Seat FWD with side steps, tow bar, rubber cargo mat, and tinting for 42.5 drive away. That was at the start of 08. I thought that prices would have come down not up, probably because of the fluctuations in exchange rate.

I had to wait three months but i didnt mind because i got an 08 instead of 07

• 3 weeks later...

not sure on some of the prices being mentioned earlier whether they were drive-away prices or not??

anyway, i just bought a KXS AWD with tow bar, bonnet protector and mats for $52K driveaway incl GST

all the business buyers really dried up all the deals and this was the best i could do unless i wanted to wait a few months for delivery

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Klugites

I Finally just picked up my

KXR FWD 5 seater metallic silver Yohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::toast::whistling::rolleyes: B) :wub::clap::clap::clap::nopity::toast::whistling::yahoo::yahoo:

mats

left and right visors

purchased as a business/work car

drive away ---no trade in -----leased thru toyota finance (chattel mortgage)

$40,400 including all dealer charges etc etc Drive away ---- Castle Hill Toyota ask for Tim tell him Cosmo sent you

I think i got a great deal

Now I'm going to trick it up :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: with

22" chrome rims :rolleyes: and tyres $2000 with my rims and tyres as a trade in

drivers and passengers tint $149

Rear cargo mat ebay $99

caska 3119 2 DIN radio dvd sat nav ipod all the bells and whistles bought on eday for $575 (retails for $1699)

aftermarket fog lights , ebay $189 (toyota wanted $900 to supply and install)

installation of stereo and fog lights $200

toyota side steps (because i wanted chrome) $900

total for extras $4112

total for car $40400

so for $44512 I will have a pretty sexy looking kluger minus the wood grain , leather , and extra 2 seats ,roof racks

if you have the time to run around and buy some bits and pieces yourself you can save a packet !!!!!

post-14216-1248002607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Freddie Kluger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Ive been offered changer over price of $53K for a Graphite/Leater KX-S AWD with

Side steps

Front/Rear genuine parking sensors

Front/Rear mats

and that is including our $4500 trade in.

I tried pushing for a Sunroof to be thrown in but they wouldnt budge. Is this a good price, or could i do slightly better? (RRP Price was roughly $61K)

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I'm after a 09 Kluger Grande 2WD with front+back sensors, front+back mats, I got a quote on Toyota gold fleet discount of $62,553 drive away. Is this a reasonale price or did others get theirs at a lot cheaper?

There is a reason they are called Gold Fleet :D , seems steep to me ;)

Edited by PC XT

Hi, I'm after a 09 Kluger Grande 2WD with front+back sensors, front+back mats, I got a quote on Toyota gold fleet discount of $62,553 drive away. Is this a reasonale price or did others get theirs at a lot cheaper?

Thanks, they just called back today with the trade in price of my other car, and unfortunately what they offer my car is still $7K away from my payback figure to the leasing company, so might have to re-do my maths again.

Thanks, they just called back today with the trade in price of my other car, and unfortunately what they offer my car is still $7K away from my payback figure to the leasing company, so might have to re-do my maths again.

I had the same problem when selling my lease car so i ended up using Novated Remarketing ...as a suggestion, got a better price than trade in but lower price than selling privately ..

I had the same problem when selling my lease car so i ended up using Novated Remarketing ...as a suggestion, got a better price than trade in but lower price than selling privately ..

Hey mate, how does Novated Remarketing work? is it like adding the residual amount of your original vehicle to the next car?I've asked my novated lease company (called NLC) and they said u must payout the owing amount on the first car regardless u trade it in or sell it privately.

Hey mate, how does Novated Remarketing work? is it like adding the residual amount of your original vehicle to the next car?I've asked my novated lease company (called NLC) and they said u must payout the owing amount on the first car regardless u trade it in or sell it privately.

Check their website out

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/Novated+Lease+Remarketing/

Basically they will value the car .. what they think they can sell the car for .. then if its less than the residual .. then you give them the difference and they will pay out the residual .. eg .. if residual of the car is $20K .. and they think the value of the car is $2K .. then you have to give them $2k and they will pay out the residual. Sometimes they may think they can sell the car for $22K .. then they will pay out the residual and and give you extra $2K less their fees ..

But in the end if they end up selling the car for $25K .. they will give you $25K less their fees .. so they are basically selling your car for you but they will pay the residual out before they even sell the car !

PRobably best to give them a call to get a better understanding its pretty hard to explain