Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

Hi Folks,

I'm just finalising my Kluger KX-S purchase though novated lease with fleet discount etc and have come up with the following deal. Just wanted to bounce it off our resident experts to ensure I've left nothing on the table.

I've ordered the following spec:

KLUGER KX-S ALL WHEEL DRIVE

METALLIC PAINT

HEADLAMP COVERS

MUD GUARDS

AERO ROOF RACKS

TOWPACK

CARPET MATS

RUBBER CARGO MAT

Current price I've got it to is $46,600 on road.

How does this compare?

Thanks for any advice,

Pete.

Hi Pete

I too am in the market for a KX-S Kluger via a novated lease do you mind sending me your quote and see if they can price match it in sydney. Let me know and i can PM you my email.

Thanks

Edited by Charles

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oops, I may have got my prices a bit wrong. The $46,600 is what I actually pay, and my lease amount, but it has the GST taken out (as no GST is payable). Therefore the actual price, is $51,000 including the extras listed above. How does that compare pricewise? I think I've pushed pretty hard, but would be keen to know whether there are people out there doing better.

Thanks,

Pete.

Still a sharp price IMHO Pete ($46,600 seemed TOO good to be true :( )

I dug up my delivery invoice and mine was $56K incl GST with metallic paint, towpack, nudgebar, sidesteps, front tint, mats and headlight/bonnet protection (June delivered from a NSW country dealer)

Cheers

Hi Holmesie,

It was too good to be true as it turns out, although it is what I actually pay after fleet discount and GST removal are applied. I've just about given up trying to beat it up, as other dealers are generally $500+ more than this deal.

Looks like I'd better sign up.

Thanks,

Pete.

Just had my new KX-S AWD delivered yesterday,

Purchase was via car search brokers.com.au and pretty happy with the price and even more so by the service.

$57K all up.

Nov 2008 build date.

Crystal Pearl in colour.

Genuine Nudge Bar, Bonnet and Light protectors, Weather Shields, Mud Flaps, Dash Mat and wiring harness for towing.

Integra Side steps and Hayman Reece tow kit 50x50 box with electric brake controller from Coldys.

99% UV Tint applied to stained windows and tinted both front windows to match rest of car.

Full tank of Fuel.

The guys did all the running around and sorted out all the rego stuff, and getting all the parts fitted etc.

Ordered on the 1st of Dec, Paid for on the 11th and Delivered on the 17th.

Just need to find a suitable mat for the cargo area, anyone know of a good brand / style let me know.

I believe the car was ordered from Chatswood Toyota in case your looking.

base price was 49,990 + on road and everything else.

Hey everyone!

I've been reading these forums a lot over the past couple of weeks while I've been researching my next car purchase and this is my first post. I've decided that the Kluger is the way to go and I'm currently getting quotes from various dealers. I have to say I've been surprised with the amount of variation. For the Grande AWD I've got quotes ranging from $58k to $66k. Anyone else recently purchased one or in the market at the moment to help me benchmark what I'm being told.

I'm in Melbourne btw and I haven't added any options to the quotes other than floor mats - I'll push them for the extras once I've decided which one I'll go with.

Cheers!

Hi

I made a deposit yesterday (20/12) for my first Kluger from Blood Toyota - Geelong. I was told that there was promotion (who knows). The quote I got was $42,500 for the KXR 4x2 3.5 Lt Auto Petrol. Extras include 3rd row seat and leather (seats). The price includes stamp duty, dealer delivery and registration. Good luck with your search!!

Just got a quote for a

Kluger KX-S 2WD White

only inc option is floor mats $47,800 driveway

I asked for a Fleet Price

This was from Pennant Hills Toyota

Anywhere I can get it cheaper?

Edited by Charles

Ok so I went back to the dealer today and did a bit of negotiating. Managed to get the price for the AWD Grande down to $52k (which includes a $7k trade in). This seems like a great price so I'm thinking I'll be going back on Monday morning to close the deal.

It is certainly the best time to buy cars. I signed the dotted line on a BMW with a price that never seen before. I feel pretty for people paying near full price on that coupe when it came out.

Like me with the Kluger, there is price to pay when you are one of the first owners. :)

I bought a used Kluger Grande 2wd with 37k km for around $45k from a private seller. Please don't see this as a bench mark of the Kluger's second hand value: the seller was moving overseas in a week, so he was rather desperate to sell. The used market for big cars seems to have come to a halt, so it's a great time to buy. There are a few cars listed for just under $50k on carpoint.com.au, but none of them have gotten sold in the past few months.

I also tried going to the government car auctions, where most cars get sold close to the lower estimate. There tends to be a few Klugers every week, sometimes Grande, but mostly KX-R and KX-S: http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/catalogues.aspx

As an example, there's a 2008 Grande 4x4 coming up in Sydney on January 6 for an estimated $48-54k:

http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/vehic...?Number=2552212

Hmm...

2008 Grande AWD with 16k km on the clock if you can get it for 48k thats a bargain me reckons... except if u from interstate having to pay for stamp duty in my case 3%... thats 1440 quid minimum or 1620 max...

Hmm...

2008 Grande AWD with 16k km on the clock if you can get it for 48k thats a bargain me reckons... except if u from interstate having to pay for stamp duty in my case 3%... thats 1440 quid minimum or 1620 max...

I've been three times to the auctions in Sydney. There are a lot of dealers there, who seem to know really well what the cars are worth, ie what they can resell them for. As soon as the price goes over the lower limit, they seem to drop off. The dealers buy a lot of the Holdens and cars nobody else wants to buy.

I've seen two Kluger Grande sold at the auctions. The first was in November and very similar to the one mentioned above (2008 Grande AWD with 15k km). The interest was very low and it went for 47,750. The second was in December: a 2wd Grande 2008, which went for 48,750. The estimate was 43-48k, but it went really high, because there were two families with kids battling for it.

Knowing what the Klugers went for at the auctions, I felt very happy buying one at a similar price from a private seller, who actually cared for and drove the car himself. I guess the downside of the govt cars is you have no idea how they were used or driven. Although at 15k km, you're not taking much of a risk.

which auctions did you went to btw?

for my aurion i went to the Pickles via internet live bid...

I went to the Govt auctions at Manheim Fowles in Moorebank, NSW. They don't allow individuals to bid via the internet, I just went there a few mornings. I found out that you can bid by phone if you don't want to go there yourself.

Pickles and Manheim Fowles sometimes have "buy it now" offers. Pickles tends to put that price closer to what you'd get the car for at the auctions. Manheim Fowles tend to put it at the higher estimate or even higher.

Ok so I went back to the dealer today and did a bit of negotiating. Managed to get the price for the AWD Grande down to $52k (which includes a $7k trade in). This seems like a great price so I'm thinking I'll be going back on Monday morning to close the deal.

I have been looking for one and been to a few dealerships and being given a wide range of pricing for a AWD Grande. The best has been in the range of $58k to $59k.Which dealership was this offer from ?(in Melbourne)

anyone got a prices for month of January? Since they now have "Factory Bonuses"?

Thanks

l just got a quote for KXR 2x4 5 seater with no options other than metalic paint with fleet discount for $37,590 OTR no barganing yet! Still think there is room to move.

Quote from online car search company ..

KX-S 2WD

Pearl White

Floor Mats

Cargo Mat

Tow Bar

Mudflaps

front and rear parking assists

side steps

tint

premium plates

$49,763inc GST and ORC and Fleet Discount

This is the same quote i got from the online search company in December and the price is the same this month apparently since there is alot of demand for the 08 models they are not reducing the prices even more in January even though Toyota is suppose to have "Factory Bonuses"

Should I now bite the bullet?

We pick up ours in the next couple of days.

KX-R 2WD with Tow bar,Roof Racks, 7 seats, Six stacker CD, Crystal Pearl, Headlight protectors, Bonnet Protector ,Mud flaps front & rear $41400 inc GST OTR

KXR AWD with Tow BAr, Roof Racks, 7 seats,Crystal Pearl, Headlight Protectors, Bonnet protector,Nudge Bar , Mud Flaps front and rear $46000 inc GST OTR

This price hasn't changed over the past three months.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Gary

I have been looking for one and been to a few dealerships and being given a wide range of pricing for a AWD Grande. The best has been in the range of $58k to $59k.Which dealership was this offer from ?(in Melbourne)

I got it from Brighton Toyota. Keep in mind that mine included a trade in though so if you look at the prices you're getting, they are about on the same mark as what I paid. Right before signing I got them to throw in parking sensors and mats too. I got the impression they were getting pretty desperate to close the deal before the end of the year.

I got it from Brighton Toyota. Keep in mind that mine included a trade in though so if you look at the prices you're getting, they are about on the same mark as what I paid. Right before signing I got them to throw in parking sensors and mats too. I got the impression they were getting pretty desperate to close the deal before the end of the year.

Thanks for the info and the tip to get more before signing the contract.

Just made a deal .. $48500 inc GST & OTR .. i think thats a pretty good price :) hopefully pick it up next week or two.. very excited

KX-S 2WD

Pearl White

Floor Mats

Cargo Mat

Tow Bar

front and rear parking assists

side steps

tint

premium plates