Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

Just made a deal .. $48500 inc GST & OTR .. i think thats a pretty good price :) hopefully pick it up next week or two.. very excited

Pretty good deal with all those extras. I'm looking for the 4WD version. Hopefully can get it a bit cheaper than that but without so many extras.

What dealer?

mud flaps

floor mats

front and rear parking sensors

Crystal Pearl

Tho 4wd is supposedly 4k extra.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just made a deal .. $48500 inc GST & OTR .. i think thats a pretty good price :) hopefully pick it up next week or two.. very excited

Pretty good deal with all those extras. I'm looking for the 4WD version. Hopefully can get it a bit cheaper than that but without so many extras.

What dealer?

mud flaps

floor mats

front and rear parking sensors

Crystal Pearl

Tho 4wd is supposedly 4k extra.

I picked it up from Ryde Toyota

Yeah 4WD is $4500 extra and I asked for a Fleet discount to get the price.

Hi Guys

New member here and hopefully new Kluger owner soon as well. Enjoy the posts and sharing the wealth of advice here .......only wished I came across this site earlier. :(

Just asking for your honest feedback. Purchased a KX-R AWD 5 seater with Graphite Metallic, 6 cd stacker bluetooth kit, nudge bar, dash and floor mats for $45K OTR. Bought it back in early October from a WA dealership. Expecting to receive delivery this Friday (more than 3 months wait :( ) and the dealership has stated that I would be receiving a JAN 2009 build model. I guess I am a bit of an amateur bargainer after reading some of the posts here with the deals that have been negotiated.

I don't suppose that a can still negotiate genuine side steps and/or tow bar or even mud guards at this late stage? If anyone can help, what should I expect to pay for these additional accessories if I can't negotiate these in and is there much margin to negotiate with. Also, what cost would I be up for an additional row of seats.

Appreciate your feedback

Hi Guys

New member here and hopefully new Kluger owner soon as well. Enjoy the posts and sharing the wealth of advice here .......only wished I came across this site earlier. :(

Just asking for your honest feedback. Purchased a KX-R AWD 5 seater with Graphite Metallic, 6 cd stacker bluetooth kit, nudge bar, dash and floor mats for $45K OTR. Bought it back in early October from a WA dealership. Expecting to receive delivery this Friday (more than 3 months wait :( ) and the dealership has stated that I would be receiving a JAN 2009 build model. I guess I am a bit of an amateur bargainer after reading some of the posts here with the deals that have been negotiated.

I don't suppose that a can still negotiate genuine side steps and/or tow bar or even mud guards at this late stage? If anyone can help, what should I expect to pay for these additional accessories if I can't negotiate these in and is there much margin to negotiate with. Also, what cost would I be up for an additional row of seats.

Appreciate your feedback

Hi

When purchasing my new car the dealer told me if i wanted to wait for the 09 Built Klugers they will not arrive till the late February or March and they also advised me the 09 Models are subject to the price rise of 3% so i dont know if that will apply to you since you already negotiated the price last year.

With regards to negotiating the accessories it doesn't hurt to ask and see if they will give it to you... maybe you should talk to another dealer .. and see what price they are willing to give and then go back to the original dealer and tell them I got a quote and they are giving me this with all the accessories .. can you match that or else i will go to them .. i think you might just give up the deposit depending on the price difference i guess.

These are the prices listed on my receipt for the accessories:

Side Step: $903.63

Tow Bar: $803.78

Cargo Mat: $97.20

Floor Mats: $123.45

Front & Rear Parking: $859.10

Gud Luck

Appreciate your feedback

I don't think you did bad at all assuming you're getting an 09 build. Tho there is no difference between 08 and 09 from what I've heard, just resale value. Thus the 3% price rise. This is the time of year to get a bargain as dealers/manufacturers are keen to sell last year's stock. Tho you probably could have got an 08 KX-S for 3 or 4 grand extra. If you want extras try auto shops like expresstinting, tintacar, etc.

Edited by Colonel

Appreciate your feedback

I don't think you did bad at all assuming you're getting an 09 build. Tho there is no difference between 08 and 09 from what I've heard, just resale value. Thus the 3% price rise. This is the time of year to get a bargain as dealers/manufacturers are keen to sell last year's stock. Tho you probably could have got an 08 KX-S for 3 or 4 grand extra. If you want extras try auto shops like expresstinting, tintacar, etc.

I thought I was getting a great deal on a KX-S AWD demo model but from some of these posts it sounds like I could have bought a brand new model for the same price. Wish I'd found this site earlier, but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I thought I was getting a great deal on a KX-S AWD demo model but from some of these posts it sounds like I could have bought a brand new model for the same price. Wish I'd found this site earlier, but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Here is another useful thread for prices and other comments http://www.caradvice.com.au/4481/new-toyot...raises-the-bar/

Depends a lot on your luck on the day I think. Also bargains are usually around for previous year models in Jan Feb.

Never by an ex demo until you have investigated how cheap you can get a 0km one. Then, if you still want the ex demo use the lowest new price as a base to start bargaining on the demo. If you can't get at least 5% (preferably 10% depending on the Ks) off it's not worth it imo.

Oh, and you'll always find someone who got it cheaper no matter how good a deal you get. So after you buy just stop looking otherwise you'll never be happy/satisfied.

Edited by Colonel

Depends a lot on your luck on the day I think. Also bargains are usually around for previous year models in Jan Feb.

Never by an ex demo until you have investigated how cheap you can get a 0km one. Then, if you still want the ex demo use the lowest new price as a base to start bargaining on the demo. If you can't get at least 5% (preferably 10% depending on the Ks) off it's not worth it imo.

Oh, and you'll always find someone who got it cheaper no matter how good a deal you get. So after you buy just stop looking otherwise you'll never be happy/satisfied.

No point crying over spilt milk. It was comparable to other demo vehicles I'd seen listed and significantly less than what I'd been able to find new. Managed to get it down a little from what they were asking. Lesson learnt for next time though. Can't wait to pick it up once the extras are added.

if those 08 models doesnt sold out...

where does it go?

anyone know?

Landfill? LOL

I suppose they just wait around at huge parking lots near the docks until they do sell them.

Another thing I've learnt, the prices you see on the internet (carpoint, carsales etc) doesn't really mean anything. You actually have to go to at least 2 or 3 dealers to get a rough idea what prices are available and how much discounts are available.

Edited by Colonel

^

Yeah I know that...

I did a quote thingy with a RAV4 and the dealer rang asked me to see him... (www.discountnewcars.com)

Wasnt happy that he told me wat was advertised over the internet wasnt the supposed price... haha

But seriously I wouldnt mind getting a 08 plated car let say in mid of late this year if possible coz in the end you save more bucks when u do sell the car anyway...

But seriously I wouldnt mind getting a 08 plated car let say in mid of late this year if possible coz in the end you save more bucks when u do sell the car anyway...

Yes. I think you save more now than you lose when you finally sell it, especially if you keep the car for a loooong time. At that point the Ks matter the most and considering there is nothing different about the 09 Builds.... the 08s are a bargain if you can get a reasonable discount.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings to all,

Well as of 1000 today, I'm officially a member of the club. Hooray!

Took delivery of my 2008 KX-S AWD, with:

headlamp covers;

mud guards;

roof racks;

tow pack; and

rubber cargo mat.

Price: $50679.20 on road from Nunawading Toyota. Fleet discount applied.

Oh what a feeling!!!!

Regards,

Pete.

Edited by Pete W

Took delivery of my 2008 KX-S AWD, with:

headlamp covers;

mud guards;

roof racks;

tow pack; and

rubber cargo mat.

Price: $50679.20 on road from Nunawading Toyota. Fleet discount applied.

Good price.

One note for those thinking of getting an 08 plate in the middle of this year. Although it will be new it will have been sitting in the sun for over 6 months. They don't garage them. They are just parked in a yard near the docks AFAIK. So if you want an 08 it's probably best to get one now. Also you never know when the 08 build cars will run out of the color you want. Also note that the build date is important for resale value, not compliance date.

My wife ended up paying 53,500 drive away for a Dec08 (Nov08 Build) KX-S AWD with

bonet protector

Metalic paint

Carpet mats

Rubber Cargo mat

Mud flaps

Front parking sensors

Rear parking sensors

Rear storage system

Looks like we should have been able to get a coupel K off that though. Her build is Nov so it couldn't have been sitting in the sun too long.

I can't believe mud flaps is a bloody 'optional extra' while heated seats are standard, WTF standard heated seats in Australia??? At least Toyota aren't like some Euro cars that charge extra for a spare tyre.

I got these put on the following week at other autoshops

I got the 2 front windows tinted at expresstinting for $130 (there is no point tinting any other windows)

Got the Kingsley RoadRunner side steps installed for about $770

Sheepskin inserts from Autobarn about $130.

Edited by Colonel

Kluger KXS AWD (Nov 08 model) - Graphite $54,000 Drive-away

- nudge bar

- side steps

- front parking sensors

- rear parking sensors

- floor mats

not a screaming bargain, but good enough.

Only clocked up 850km in 3 weeks.

Just decided to get the wife a new SUV (our daughter is due in 6-7 weeks). After much researching, we believe the Kluger was the best for us. Went to a dealership to check it out and the wife just had to have the remote tailgate release. So the grande was the only option. We don't need the AWD since we don't plan to go offroad.

After much negotiating, the dealer offered an 08 model Grande 2WD, graphite (brand new) for $57500 (inc 12 month rego and on road costs), or I could have a brand new 09 model for $59000. Just wondering which one would be a better choice? We plan on keeping the car for at least 7-8 years, would the resale value differ $1500 at that time?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just decided to get the wife a new SUV (our daughter is due in 6-7 weeks). After much researching, we believe the Kluger was the best for us. Went to a dealership to check it out and the wife just had to have the remote tailgate release. So the grande was the only option. We don't need the AWD since we don't plan to go offroad.

After much negotiating, the dealer offered an 08 model Grande 2WD, graphite (brand new) for $57500 (inc 12 month rego and on road costs), or I could have a brand new 09 model for $59000. Just wondering which one would be a better choice? We plan on keeping the car for at least 7-8 years, would the resale value differ $1500 at that time?

Take the cheaper one! 1.5k off the top end wont mean squat in 8 years time. the auto entry and start is great as well had our Grande since 2007, shell love it.

Go in and say I ll take the old one today for $56,500.00 :D and Ill go go you halves in what Ive saved you!

Edited by PC XT

Take the cheaper one! 1.5k off the top end wont mean squat in 8 years time. the auto entry and start is great as well had our Grande since 2007, shell love it.

Go in and say I ll take the old one today for $56,500.00 :D and Ill go go you halves in what Ive saved you!

Thx for the advice, i'll try it and keep you posted if it works.

Hmmm... offered them 56500 with mats included.. the salesman called the manager, who then called the dealer principal, and said they couldnt do it. They tried quite hard to push me to offer a lil bit higher, but I ended up walking out to 'think about it'. Should I wait awhile and see what happens or try another dealership?

Not sure where you are, but try ringing few dealers in smaller towns or Adelaide (depression city!) - I bought my Grande 4wd at Northpoint Toyota, second hand and drove it to ACT in one day (13h).

All up $350 extra!

Some will want to get rid of big cars even with a loss, so said my salesman, after indicating he did loose some money on the trade-in price.

He said a new Grande 4WD should sell with more than 5K off the sticker price, or more for 08 stock (I assume).

I bought mine for less than the KRS with similar Km from the ACT dealer - a rip-off town!

Edited by kwach10

Hmmm... offered them 56500 with mats included.. the salesman called the manager, who then called the dealer principal, and said they couldnt do it. They tried quite hard to push me to offer a lil bit higher, but I ended up walking out to 'think about it'. Should I wait awhile and see what happens or try another dealership?

If you are not in a hurry..

They will ring you in the next couple of days if they are keen on moving cars.......which is what they are paid to do.

At least you got a response from the correct man the dealer principal......If they did not bluff you...

Good luck with it

Hi everyone,

Just joined this venerable forum - first time Toyota owner.

Picked up an '09 KX-R FWD for $38.5K onroad - no real extras to speak of, still haggling with them over tinting, but got my choice of colour (black). Pick it up late March-early April

I am one very happy camper! :yahoo: