Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that a drive-away price (e.g. stamp duty, rego, etc)?

Thanks

quoted $65157 for Crystal Grande AWD with 2008 plate, f/r park sensors, towbar, mats, roof cross rails.

Yeah that was a drive away price, it was $63300 as a walkin on saturday with front parking sensors only.

I've heard of dealers quoting prices and signing contracts, only to continually tell customers that their car is still on order. In the mean time, the customer (thinking they got a bargain) sends a couple of other buyers in the direction of the dealer.

I'm led to believe that the dealer price for an AWD Grande is a shade under 58K - they'll then get a percentage off (anywhere between 1 and 15%) of this based on turnover, dealership size etc. Things that can't be avoided are stamp duty and rego. I'm sure you guys can do the sums. :)

Do you know why sharks won't eat car salesmen? Professional courtesy...

Thanks, all I know is buy in haste, regret at leisure...

Mine is $60k3 drive away with tow pack,nudge bar,sidesteps,mats, rubber cargo mat and some free plastics for having to wait soooo long. Ordered it Dec 10 for whats now a late April delivery, all because I wanted a blue one!!!!

Chullora Nobel Toyota, I already weakened them for you! good work good Colour I bought the Dealer Principles car there! Is yours AWD? If it is thats a Mad Buy! We have Been driving our Blue one since October last year :rolleyes: ...Happy waiting your a definite number for some one! :whistling::yahoo:

Yes it is an AWD ,mine is the Glacier Blue not the Tidal Blue :P . My neighbour just picked up a new Aurion and the bugger got a cyan blue one :( and I couldn't bare having two cars the same colour sitting one meter away from each other in the driveways so I changed mine to the lighter colour.

I must be dreamin... I tried a large local Brissie dealer, who insisted these prices couldn't be true, and tried not to use the L word, saying that $60k was below cost and so they quoted $65157 for Crystal Grande AWD with 2008 plate, f/r park sensors, towbar, mats, roof cross rails.

I spoke to a private fleet buyer, who came back with a price higher than the first quote I got from the dealer as a Saturday walking, and wanted $175 for the deal. They bailed when I set a target of $60K, pretty much saying you're on your own.

So I then rang Noble Toyota in Chullora and they said they'd get back to me with a price, but went home instead.

Who did you speak to at Noble Toyota? I spoke to Steve, the Sales Manager, New Cars and this deal didn't seem to ring any bells...

Never thought it would be this hard to spend $60K, perhaps I'll keep the Discovery... :angry:

We dealt with Sam but unfortunately Steve makes the final decision. Good luck they will say its a 70+k car!

Mine is $60k3 drive away with tow pack,nudge bar,sidesteps,mats, rubber cargo mat and some free plastics for having to wait soooo long. Ordered it Dec 10 for whats now a late April delivery, all because I wanted a blue one!!!!

Chullora Nobel Toyota, I already weakened them for you! good work good Colour I bought the Dealer Principles car there! Is yours AWD? If it is thats a Mad Buy! We have Been driving our Blue one since October last year :rolleyes: ...Happy waiting your a definite number for some one! :whistling::yahoo:

Yes it is an AWD ,mine is the Glacier Blue not the Tidal Blue :P . My neighbour just picked up a new Aurion and the bugger got a cyan blue one :( and I couldn't bare having two cars the same colour sitting one meter away from each other in the driveways so I changed mine to the lighter colour.

I must be dreamin... I tried a large local Brissie dealer, who insisted these prices couldn't be true, and tried not to use the L word, saying that $60k was below cost and so they quoted $65157 for Crystal Grande AWD with 2008 plate, f/r park sensors, towbar, mats, roof cross rails.

I spoke to a private fleet buyer, who came back with a price higher than the first quote I got from the dealer as a Saturday walking, and wanted $175 for the deal. They bailed when I set a target of $60K, pretty much saying you're on your own.

So I then rang Noble Toyota in Chullora and they said they'd get back to me with a price, but went home instead.

Who did you speak to at Noble Toyota? I spoke to Steve, the Sales Manager, New Cars and this deal didn't seem to ring any bells...

Never thought it would be this hard to spend $60K, perhaps I'll keep the Discovery... :angry:

We dealt with Sam but unfortunately Steve makes the final decision. Good luck they will say its a 70+k car!

Thanks, and yep, thats the opening line...the discussion is getting interesting, anyone else seriously looking at buying a Kluger should give them a call and mention this thread, I'm being told that they can't go any lower because I'm a single buyer, not a fleet. rephrased as "I'm sorry you're a little guy, so you should pay more..." where would we be without the internet?? It would be a $70k car and they'd sell a lot less...

Yes,my price is verrrry good :D :Yes,I am part of a multi-national company with OZ Branches in every capital City, over 100 fleet cars nationally = Big fleet discount ;) : Yes I do have to wait a long time for my colour and options :( and Yes, I have sent other work colleagues to this salesman so Aardvark's theory about long waiting times may be right <_< . All in all,as much as I HATE the wait, SHMBO keeps reminding me that my present car will be fully paid off by then and therefor a "no cost to us " change over with my daughter keeping my present company car (Falcon XR8) On second thoughts, the Hand Break can have the Falcon and my daughter can have the Camry...Much safer. (But I'd still have my new car tomorrow if I could swing it :spiteful:)

• 1 month later...

We've just signed up for a new Kluger Grande AWD - silver with sand beige interior.

Not sure if we've got a deal or not so wanted to know your opinion.

Bottom line $68,000 on the road with these extras:

Mudflaps (the larger ones)

Cargo Mat

Tow bar & electrics

Aero roof rails

Sidesteps

Front parking sensors

Rear parking sensors

Bonnet protector

Headlight protectors

Mats

We were also 'offered' the Fifth Dimension protection package at a whopping $2800 (not sure if that included window tint on front side windows). Has anyone signed up for this and if so what do you think? Because of the high pressure selling on this additional service (and we'd been there for 3 hours) we'd started to lose the will to live and our concentration was nil. We haven't signed up for this as yet.

Any thoughts?

We've just signed up for a new Kluger Grande AWD - silver with sand beige interior.

Not sure if we've got a deal or not so wanted to know your opinion.

Bottom line $68,000 on the road with these extras:

Mudflaps (the larger ones)

Cargo Mat

Tow bar & electrics

Aero roof rails

Sidesteps

Front parking sensors

Rear parking sensors

Bonnet protector

Headlight protectors

Mats

We were also 'offered' the Fifth Dimension protection package at a whopping $2800 (not sure if that included window tint on front side windows). Has anyone signed up for this and if so what do you think? Because of the high pressure selling on this additional service (and we'd been there for 3 hours) we'd started to lose the will to live and our concentration was nil. We haven't signed up for this as yet.

Any thoughts?

Dont pay the 2800 absolute waste of money in my opinion

$68k is a bit over the odds but not much I personally cant be bothered going to 10 different dealerships shopping around ,they are all unpleasant experieces,money isnt everything.I used a broker

It is a fantastic car you will love it

The beige interior looks fantastic

G'day folks - first time poster.

Can't believe I managed to wrangle the most obvious user name :yahoo:

Anyway............

Just ordered the base model KX-R 2WD (povo pack) in Graphite.

We were initially looking at the KX-S but didn't really care for the leather and the only real useful feature missing was the BT integration - so we paid and got the upgraded audio.

Basically got a 2008 model with

Upgraded audio

Factory towing kit with electrics

Boot mat

Floor mats (should be mandatory anyhow)

Tinting

Total incl ORC came to just over $49k and with my $4500 (initial) traded VT Commodore I walked away paying $37350.

Resonably pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

We paid $54k for Grande FWD Pearl, nudge bar, tow bar, cargo mat, floor mats, headlight covers.

The catch is it was ex-demo model with 6000km on clock from uncle-in-laws Toyota dealership.

Well, pick up my KX-S with front window tints and floor mats tomorrow.

Bought via fleet/novated lease and paying $49,115 on the road. (Actually I'm only paying $44,650 as I don't pay the GST as it's novated).

Think that's not a bad deal??!?

Regards

Edited by Where are we??

• 2 weeks later...

i was quoted over the phone 2 weeks ago, $62800 Grande AWD on road

walk into a dealership near work and even better price $60500, any colour of my choice and no much waiting

has anyone quoted or bought a Grade AWD recently and what was the deal, very keen to know....

trying to sell the Mazda 6 now so I can be part of the club soon......

I collected my KX-S yesterday and got an amazing deal. It came with front window tint, reverse sensors and mats and it was $48000 on-road.

Had an amazing experience with the country dealer I bought it from and I will never go back to a large city dealer again.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, we too have paid deposit today. The KX-S BLACK AWD with floor mats, nudge bar, wiring and swith for driving lights(i have my own lights already), side steps, tow package, bonnet protector, headlight protector, rubber cargo mat, wheel lock nuts(gotta keep those expensive tyres safe), 5 yr 140,000km warranty included as well!

$52,000 Driveraway!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will hopefully get this within a month!

Tried to get them to chuck in the tyre pressure sensors or the tom tom sat nav, but they couldnt...oh well.

Finally, we too have paid deposit today. The KX-S BLACK AWD with floor mats, nudge bar, wiring and swith for driving lights(i have my own lights already), side steps, tow package, bonnet protector, headlight protector, rubber cargo mat, wheel lock nuts(gotta keep those expensive tyres safe), 5 yr 140,000km warranty included as well!

Tried to get them to chuck in the tyre pressure sensors or the tom tom sat nav, but they couldnt...oh well.

Can you advise which dealer you buy it from? Sound like an excellent deal. I am also looking for KX-S AWD. Will await for your feedback

Can you advise which dealer you buy it from? Sound like an excellent deal. I am also looking for KX-S AWD. Will await for your feedback

It was nunawading in vic that original quote came from, but as i live closer south, i got it matched by a local dealer, frankston. They were pulling their hairs out to match it though, as it was a fleet deal. (i only pay gst on the residual in 3 yrs!)

I think the S is the pick as the grande to me isnt worth the $10,000 premium, as i dont want sunroof and i can get a $400 sat nav if i really want...we get leather, same 7 seater, etc etc. We also hate Woodgrain trin...sorry, faux woodgrain at that.

Have had my new KX-S AWD (Graphite) for just under a week and am stoked with everything about the car.

Had access to gold fleet pricing. Drive away $52,500 incl Tow pack; all mats and rubber cargo; roof racks and probike carrier.

Some good prices there fellas - I just got quoted $55.6K on-road for a KX-S AWD with tow, nudge and side-steps - might have to get the $tealer to sharpen his pencil a little :spiteful:

Cheers

Some good prices there fellas - I just got quoted $55.6K on-road for a KX-S AWD with tow, nudge and side-steps - might have to get the $tealer to sharpen his pencil a little :spiteful:

Cheers

Good luck with your hunting Holmsie. Our price was only after a lot of persistence and being told by a couple of dealers that the best price we had been quoted must have been a mistake. One particular dealer had me sit there for over half an hour giving the impression they could give that price only to turn around and say $2.8K more was the best they could do. In the end we went back to our local dealer and got the price I mentioned above.

Cheers

Good luck with your hunting Holmsie. Our price was only after a lot of persistence and being told by a couple of dealers that the best price we had been quoted must have been a mistake. One particular dealer had me sit there for over half an hour giving the impression they could give that price only to turn around and say $2.8K more was the best they could do. In the end we went back to our local dealer and got the price I mentioned above.

I paid 56.5k for my KX-S AWD with tow bar, mats, cargo rubber mat, light protector, bonnet protector and drivers weather shield, I was just happy to get my baby in blue ... and to be driving it :D

Yeah mate, already had one dealer saying they can't come close to one of my quotes... I figure if they want to add to their sales for the end of the financial year they'll be ringing me next week. Unfortunately for me my immediate dealers are country - it's a 4hour drive to the Big Smoke where it's possible I might get a better deal

Edited by holmesie