Cyrus Pine

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all,

I was quoted $39000 for a KX-R 5 seats 2WD in Sydney, is it a good price? or is there any more gap to go?

thanks.

We are in Melbourne and we got down to $39,000 for a KX-R 2WD 7 seater. Ended up getting a KX-R AWD 7 Seater ex demo for $40,000 drive away so you might be able to get the price down a little or push for some extras

Good Luck

They are great prices.....surely that's fleet pricing?

Are they fleet prices? I don't know. I just told the sales manager that he has to do his best and that were the pricing I got first up. I thought fleet pricing is better than that.

Well you have done really well. I paid $59,900 for an AWD Grande with car mats and tow bar.....and that was with Fleet pricing!

Hey what is 'Sound deadener spray to underbody of cars' ??

Well, the sales manager wouldn't move anymore from the original pricing. He showed me on his computer that he is only making eight hundred something dollars out of this deal and the petrol he put in got to come out of that figure too. It might be just a trick and he might get rebate from Toyota or receive payment from elsewhere.

The trade in I got is reasonable for an old bomb ($2000 for a 13 year old Laser Ghia wtih 258000 km on the clock and need new tyres, wind screen & bottom rail of driver seat).

So I signed up thinking that I have done the best that I can with no prior purchasing history from these guys.

Managed to get a Rego number plate protector out of him though.

I would get the X Pack, sound deadener spray and eletronic rust preventer instead of what previously mentioned.

I would get the X Pack, sound deadener spray and eletronic rust preventer instead of what previously mentioned.

That is ok, that is where he makes your money :lol:

I don't think there is much in the KX-R, and I still feel very silly thinking I got a good deal after $5K+ off from my Grande. I am sure they are still laughing with the margin.

That is ok, that is where he makes your money :lol:

I know they make abundant profit out of this sort of added service/product even with the so call "fleet price".

That is not going to happen.

My friend is an ex car broker and also ex general manager of a dealership. He said he'll put the cars through his name. :)

74 Yen OMFG!

Lucky I got some parts for my RX-8 just in time. I brought something ahead of time (I don't need it at this moment), some spare parts and stuff when it was still 88Yen!

Now nothing until it goes back. I hope not see cheap AUD$ like years before when it is close to 50 cents. And it won't coz there is still a demand of material for projects in which contracts has signed.

1%..... hmmm.

I don't think the price will fall, but the margin will narrow and not much discount will be given now.

Edited by Taka

• 3 weeks later...

42k... ok what's the catch! Includes a trade? Fleet discount (even still that would be impressive)? Ex demo? Excludes on roads?!

Makes me feel slightly ill that I paid 40k OTR for a KX-R 2wd 5 seats with nudge bar and front/rear sensors! I had to bargain for 4 days with 3 different dealers to even get that!

Cheers

Matt

Just bought a 2WD KX-S , 7 seater, with tow-bar, window tinting , reverse parking sensors, cargo mats, floor mats with 6yr warrantyfor 42 K

what do ya think ?

tony

That is on road cost? That seems to be a fantastic price. Which dealership did you get that from? How much would they sell a Grande?

Hi All,

I am just about to place the order with the dealer.

I am interested to see what all think and if I go straight ahead.

Kluger KX-R 3.5L 7 Seat Auto 4 x 4

Crystal Pearl

200kg Towbar & Ball

Towbar Plug

Alloy Nudge Bar

Aero Roof Racks

$42040.25 plus $3959.75 GST On road

What you do think

Cheers Gary

I want to push harder but don't know comparative price

Hey all,

new member here. I'm thinking of getting a Kluger and walked into a dealership the other day just to have a look. The person on the floor insisted on telling me the OTR prices. Just passing the info along for people that are starting to negotiate.

This is in Sydney. 2WD models

$ 39,000 KX-R

$ 49,000 KX-S

$ 58,600 Grande

I'm not saying these are great deals or anything, I didn't even try to ask about price.

Cheers !

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

I am just about to place the order with the dealer.

I am interested to see what all think and if I go straight ahead.

Kluger KX-R 3.5L 7 Seat Auto 4 x 4

Crystal Pearl

200kg Towbar & Ball

Towbar Plug

Alloy Nudge Bar

Aero Roof Racks

$42040.25 plus $3959.75 GST On road

What you do think

Cheers Gary

I want to push harder but don't know comparative price

thats abt the price we paid, $44.5k OTR for KXR AWD 7-seat with zero accessories

When I went to look at the Kluger the week it was released last year, I had read somewhere during my research that Toyota Australia had to convince Japan to tool up for a right hand drive model. (The only other version being sold is in the U.S).

I figured that as part of their pitch to Japan, they would have needed to put forward a pretty solid sales projection and so armed with this idea, I put it to the dealer that he would need to come to the party with me if he wanted a sale in the first week.

I wanted the very base model 5 seater 2wd KX-R so he offered a 7 seater for the price of the 5 ($5k discount?) but would only give me the red book price for my trade (a 7 year old falcon with 250,000km). I wasn't happy that this was the best I could get.

During all my research on the web, the ad for Private Fleet kept annoying me so I went to them and said that I wanted another $5k off the bottom line offered by the dealer which I promptly got without them even seeing my trade in! I had to wait about 4 weeks but the savings were worth the wait.

I was very happy as this was the first new car I had ever bought in my 40 years of motoring, so I was pleased with myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm a newbie here.

I am in the market for new Kluger and have found this thread really useful.

I will be purchasing through fleet so I am limited to a max car value which will not exceed the luxury car tax threshold. I wouldn't mind getting the Grande AWD. However, it just creeps over that threshold. The dealer will discount enough for it to qualify but that would mean no extras, like towbar, sidesteps, etc.

So my question is: where is a good place in Sydney to get these fitted aftermarket? I live in the inner west so somewhere around there would be good.

Also, is it cheaper to get them fitted by the dealer as part of a package...I'm assuming it is.

Cheers

There must be some good deals on at the moment, I saw in a Sydney paper KX-S AWD driveaway for $52-and-a-bitK with nudge etc

That's pretty much how much I've been quoted for fleet price (drive away)...which dealer??

Not sure which dealer sorry Tonester as I was reading the paper over someone's shoulder :whistling: It was yesterdays Daily Tele, same dealer could have the same ad in todays maybe... That's $3K less than I paid for my KX-S AWD in June

oh and welcome, hope you have a new Kluger very soon :)

Edited by holmesie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I'm just finalising my Kluger KX-S purchase though novated lease with fleet discount etc and have come up with the following deal. Just wanted to bounce it off our resident experts to ensure I've left nothing on the table.

I've ordered the following spec:

KLUGER KX-S ALL WHEEL DRIVE

METALLIC PAINT

HEADLAMP COVERS

MUD GUARDS

AERO ROOF RACKS

TOWPACK

CARPET MATS

RUBBER CARGO MAT

Current price I've got it to is $46,600 on road.

How does this compare?

Thanks for any advice,

Pete.

Hi Folks,

I'm just finalising my Kluger KX-S purchase though novated lease with fleet discount etc and have come up with the following deal. Just wanted to bounce it off our resident experts to ensure I've left nothing on the table.

I've ordered the following spec:

KLUGER KX-S ALL WHEEL DRIVE

METALLIC PAINT

HEADLAMP COVERS

MUD GUARDS

AERO ROOF RACKS

TOWPACK

CARPET MATS

RUBBER CARGO MAT

Current price I've got it to is $46,600 on road.

How does this compare?

Thanks for any advice,

Pete.

I've just put an order for an AWD Grande, novated lease, fleet pricing (woohoo!)

I looked at the KX-S and got a costing with similar options as yours plus side steps, front sensors. I was quoted at total cost of $53,000 (on roads, driveaway)...seems like a great deal you got. Did that include a trade in??

Where from??

Edited by Tonester

Hi Tonester,

I'm not sure which dealer it is yet, but I know it's not Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg. It has all been done through the leasing company (NLC) and I just kept pushing for a deal.

I will update this when I confirm the dealer.

I don't have a trade in.

Pete.

Hi Holmesie,

I just hope it's not too good to be true! I've got the written quote from the lease provider which says quote is valid for 14 days, so I'm busily doing the paperwork right now to lock it in.

I think the dealers must be doing it tough!

Cheers,

Pete.

HOpe it goes smoothly mate - my KX-S AWD 7-seat was close to mid $50K only in June... Hope you're behind the wheel of one soon :)

Edited by holmesie