Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

At Fowles car auction today in Sydney, 5/2008 Kluger K-R 4wd with 22K km sold for between 38 and 39 K!!! (they will not give an exact price)

Add to it an auction fee, transfer duty and rego and its almost as much as one can get one new from a dealer!!!

some people just do not do their homework :whistling:

it had a bull bar but no tow!

In December, the 2007 K-S 4wd (with bull & tow) with 17K km sold for 37K - a better buy :toast:

I've also been watching the prices at Fowles since the beginning of the year. The expected price ranges appear to have gone up. Most of the Klugers were sold pre-auction recently at close to dealer used car prices.

Are used car prices as negotiable as new car prices - ~10% less than RRP for on-the-road price?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, it looks as if some people are in a panic to buy a car before the prices really go up (i.e., new Lexus RX)

this was the advice given by some motoring writers late last year

so buying new appears to be the way to go if 2008 stock is around.

Not the case if LCDs or other electronics are on the menu - ALL UP by ca 20%, compared November/December prices

well, it looks as if some people are in a panic to buy a car before the prices really go up (i.e., new Lexus RX)

this was the advice given by some motoring writers late last year

so buying new appears to be the way to go if 2008 stock is around.

Not the case if LCDs or other electronics are on the menu - ALL UP by ca 20%, compared November/December prices

You make the decision that's appropriate based on the information at hand at the time. Anything else is a gamble. Rest assured if you buy early prices will go down and if you delay prices will go up :)

Edited by Kesawi

Finally got one today after watching the prices since the beginning of the year. It is a 2WD Grande with towbar, side steps, roof rack, front parking sensors, floor and cargo mats and mud flaps for 57K. I highly recommend Ryde Toyota because they were so pleasant to deal with. We walked out of Truscott's Toyota after we couldn't agree on the deal for 57K. The salesperson just walked away without even saying goodbye after I said we'll think about it. Ryde Toyota was happy to do the deal for us.

I tried using Private Fleet but they recommended me to accept 53K for a KX-S 2WD with the same options - what were they thinking?

Also tried getting a used one but after factoring in the stamp duty and remaining rego (not to mention the used tyre treads - Kluger tyres seem expensive), it was only 3.5K the difference.

Finally got one today after watching the prices since the beginning of the year. It is a 2WD Grande with towbar, side steps, roof rack, front parking sensors, floor and cargo mats and mud flaps for 57K. I highly recommend Ryde Toyota because they were so pleasant to deal with. We walked out of Truscott's Toyota after we couldn't agree on the deal for 57K. The salesperson just walked away without even saying goodbye after I said we'll think about it. Ryde Toyota was happy to do the deal for us.

Sparky

Guess what! i just came back from Ryde Toyota and saw your post. I havent talked price with them yet, so we shall see. I have a fleet quote from work for a 2WD Grande, and the price including stamp duty/rego/metallic paint is $56.6K

I think your deal of 57K with those extras is fantastic. can u tell me who the sales person is so i can deal with them too?

thanks

dissin

Sparky

Guess what! i just came back from Ryde Toyota and saw your post. I havent talked price with them yet, so we shall see. I have a fleet quote from work for a 2WD Grande, and the price including stamp duty/rego/metallic paint is $56.6K

I think your deal of 57K with those extras is fantastic. can u tell me who the sales person is so i can deal with them too?

thanks

dissin

Try Rabih. He is on the commercial vehicles side.

The deal was possible because they happened to have the colour we wanted in stock. There was a graphite one left (you probably saw it today) after I bought the crystal pearl one.

Edited by sparkypuff

I see Toyota have just started a gold fleet discount campaign for 08 models. Must have a whole stack of them sitting around. Now is a good time to bargain.

I see Toyota have just started a gold fleet discount campaign for 08 models. Must have a whole stack of them sitting around. Now is a good time to bargain.

i went to the dealer today - They were able to offer me the white with Dec 08 build so its quite recent. $57k with extras ie sstep, roof rack, tinting, floor mats.

If i went for an 09, its an extra $2.5K due to exchange rate and its over the luxury car tax threshold too

too bad i couldn't get a good trade in price, so i will have to sell my baby mx-5 privately before i can get my hands on a kluger

Edited by dissin

i went to the dealer today - They were able to offer me the white with Dec 08 build so its quite recent. $57k with extras ie sstep, roof rack, tinting, floor mats.

If i went for an 09, its an extra $2.5K due to exchange rate and its over the luxury car tax threshold too

too bad i couldn't get a good trade in price, so i will have to sell my baby mx-5 privately before i can get my hands on a kluger

As others have pointed out previously you're generally able to find accessories such as roof racks, tinting and floor mats significantly cheaper aftermarket (plus you don't have to pay luxury car tax on them if you buy them later).

Also dealers look at the overall profit of the deal, ie profit on trade-in plus profit on new car sale. If they won't budge on a new car sale with a trade in then probably not worth going to them.

What type of model was the one they quoted? You shouldn't be paying that much at the moment for anything other than an AWD Grande.

Just took delivery of KX-s AWD 03/08 (brand new - exactly 100kms on clock) - Merlot Red last thursday.

No extras only mats - $49500 drive away with full tank of fuel and the $150 service cap.

03/08 build was a pain as a little older than i wanted but that was all that was left in 08 for that colour and 09 would of been an extra $5K - or so the dealer assured me. But it was brand new and not a demo so happy with the price and awesome car. Shopped around a few dealers and it was between 2 with $500 in it the other 2 i found were quoting $53K. They were advertising $49995 drive away for 08 KXS 2WD in the sunday paper and thats withought a bit of decent haggling - I reckon they would accept $47-48K

Just waiting for the 1000kms to come up so i can stop driving like an old lady.

Just took delivery of KX-s AWD 03/08 (brand new - exactly 100kms on clock) - Merlot Red last thursday.

No extras only mats - $49500 drive away with full tank of fuel and the $150 service cap.

03/08 build was a pain as a little older than i wanted but that was all that was left in 08 for that colour and 09 would of been an extra $5K - or so the dealer assured me. But it was brand new and not a demo so happy with the price and awesome car. Shopped around a few dealers and it was between 2 with $500 in it the other 2 i found were quoting $53K. They were advertising $49995 drive away for 08 KXS 2WD in the sunday paper and thats withought a bit of decent haggling - I reckon they would accept $47-48K

Just waiting for the 1000kms to come up so i can stop driving like an old lady.

TOP DEAL! :clap:

Only in Nov, higher prices were asked for 07 X-Ses with 20-40 K km.

Don't like black interior.

Definitely a top deal dazbeer, congrats. Exactly $5.5K less than I paid for my Merlot Red KX-S AWD in June last year

Edited by holmesie

Definitely a top deal dazbeer, congrats. Exactly $5.5K less than I paid for my Merlot Red KX-S AWD in June last year

Thanks, your pic of the Merlot convinced me of the colour i wanted - other choice was sandstone.

Looks awesome in Merlot with the privacy glass

As others have pointed out previously you're generally able to find accessories such as roof racks, tinting and floor mats significantly cheaper aftermarket (plus you don't have to pay luxury car tax on them if you buy them later).

Also dealers look at the overall profit of the deal, ie profit on trade-in plus profit on new car sale. If they won't budge on a new car sale with a trade in then probably not worth going to them.

What type of model was the one they quoted? You shouldn't be paying that much at the moment for anything other than an AWD Grande.

2WD Grande for $57k, same deal that sparky received

I hope they didn't offer you the same car because they also offered me a white Dec 08 car and I only saw one such car there :)

Hi Everyone,

I am new here & I need your help !

I am looking to buy a Toyota Kluger KXR 2WD with accessories such as :

Tow Bar ; Roof racks , Side rail , Nudge Bar , Car Mats & Cargo Mat

(excludes Fitment !!???)

The standard price has just dropped from $41,490 to $39,990 plus on road costs.

Accessories total about the $3K mark.

Just about to get official quote, but don't want to pay more than $40,000 all up OTR

including fiment of accessories.

Is this a fair price or can I do better !? My trade in is probably worth $1000 max.

Your advice will greatly be appreciated.

Almost 2 months ago when I was shopping for my Kluger, the local dealer had a demo AWD Grande for $59,990 drive away. it was practically brand new with only 75km and unregistered. Same car today hasn't sold and is advertised for $54,500. Based on those prices for what is essentially a brand new car (and a demo typically being 5-10% less than new), you should be able to get a new 08 AWD Grande for less than $60k with some extras thrown in.

You always pay a little more to be the leader but its worth it.... :) Its like landing on the moon :D

There's a heap of repos around too! :rolleyes:

by the way, i dealt with pennant hills toyota, and the deal was done over the phone in 5 mins!

i told them i wanted a late 08 build in crystal pearl, and only 1 accessory - the nudge bar

took some advice from this forum, so in the future i can add the accessories when required at cheaper prices ie step, roof rack etc

2WD Grande with nudge bar for 56K drive away (mats included anyway!)

The sales rep name is Dhamikka. Great service there

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
toyota nunawading is selling the brand new 2009 plate AWD KXR automatic for $40,000 driveaway....

Are you sure its AWD ?

I looked at the ad.... i m pretty sure it was an AWD.... cos after looking at the ad, i was like damn, i paid more than that for my car..... when i found the ad, i d look again, this time super carefully......