Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

We just ordered our new KX-S on saturday and paid $49800 drive away :D . The dealer actually gave us the RRP (including all costs which was around $59k) and then circled a $ sign and asked us to put down the figure we wanted. Hubby put down that figure and he took it back to his Manager. Came back to us and said no cant do it for under $50k so we got up to leave then he said he'd try his Manager again and eventually he came back and said they could do it.

Car arrives on 20th August. If car arrives on time I will advise the name of the Dealership.

Didn't get any options as a friend actually does the installs for them so we can get it much cheaper. :D

Welcome Trina - That would be a 2WD Kulger at that price?

Congrats

No, contract states AWD (fleet discount was involved also)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should not mix RETAIL and FLEET price because there's big difference.

I thought I had put in that is was fleet but when I reread my post I realised I hadn't, hence why I stated it above. I KNOW there is a big difference in price.

• 4 weeks later...

Yippeee finally got my KX-S on Saturday and it was well worth the 3 week wait. Noew just have to get the tow-pak fitted, windows tinted and after market stereo/dvd player installed. Have decided on Alpine stereo system which apparently slots straight into the KS-X.

I chose black, all our cars are black and it goes well with my personalised plates.

Ended up getting the best deal from Nunawading Toyota, and I didn't tell them we were entitled to fleet discount until we screwed them down to just over $50K on road.

The other good deal we got was from Wonthaggi Toyota which was (not fleet or ABN discount) was $50,750 On road but we decided to try Nunawading first as it was quite a drive to Wonthaggi. Mentioned fleet discount after and then got the price we wanted $49,800 (paid an extra $100 for the cargo mat)

We found that if you waited until the end of the month the dealerships dropped their prices by approx $2K - other dealerships were roughly $52,500 on road.

Trina

I paid $68,000 for a GRANDE AWD Silver Pearl with towbar, mats, tint, parking sensors front and rear, 6 defence pack (basically the rust proof and paint fabric vinyl and leather protection)... by the sounds of what others is saying, I did pay a bit rich.

I paid $68,000 for a GRANDE AWD Silver Pearl with towbar, mats, tint, parking sensors front and rear, 6 defence pack (basically the rust proof and paint fabric vinyl and leather protection)... by the sounds of what others is saying, I did pay a bit rich.

I'm looking to order the AWD Grande this week, so far with fleet discount involved I'm at $60,400 on the road including towbar and mats.

Judging from some of the responses that's around the mark?

I'm looking to order the AWD Grande this week, so far with fleet discount involved I'm at $60,400 on the road including towbar and mats.

Judging from some of the responses that's around the mark?

That sounds ok

Ignore the fleet discount since they are generally 15% better off I was told.

Privately it is about the right mark in Victoria. I am paying a little less but I got it last year as a hot new model. I learnt since then (waiting more shipment for the BMW 135i then I ask for more discount :))

Privately it is about the right mark in Victoria. I am paying a little less but I got it last year as a hot new model. I learnt since then (waiting more shipment for the BMW 135i then I ask for more discount :))

This price is in sydney and will be delivered sometime next week. That is private price as well.. not lucky enough to get a fleet discount : (

Edited by MTS

This price is in sydney and will be delivered sometime next week. That is private price as well.. not lucky enough to get a fleet discount : (

Hey MTS,

Price is important to everyone, but as long as you enjoy every moment of your new purchase then it's worth every single cent!

Cheers,

Ric

Congrats Trina, I just picked up my KX-R last Friday.

Love the car but the Stereo has to go! It just has no volume or decent sound which is kind of disappointing. :(

I am with you on the stereo but not game yet to tamper with the car to put a new one in. I think the bigger issue is the speakers. I know there are none (or mine are not working) in the rear cargo area. Cant seem to find in the book how many speakers are in the KX-R but it needs more!!!!!.

Congrats to all new Kluger owners :D

Hi All,

Just signed this afternoon for my Ex Demo (4,000km) Silver 2008 KX-R AWD 7 seater. :D $43,500 drive away (with $3,500 trade-in on'98 Camry) with tinted windows and carpet mats. Just missed a 2007 KX-S AWD with 17,000km for $39,990 (by an hour) last weekend. :angry:

Cheers,

Snowy68

Congrats Trina!... FWD or AWD?

Will be keen to see how the Alpine gear fits, works and looks...

Enjoy :-)

Its AWD and awesome to drive :yahoo:

Windows have now been tinted, tow-pak has been fitted and now just waiting the stereo and DVD player to get done (Alpine is a friends client so they are gonna do a good deal). Current stereo sux but apart from that the car is awesome. Very happy, still working out climate control :blink: but I will get there.

With the lower LTC in NSW that is about right. I feel much better now. Hehe.

I will be more clever for the next car. BMW or Mitsubishi have no fleet right ;)?

My KX-R AWD 7 seater was $41,500 drive away on road at fleet price, which I'm contracted to buy after the 5 year period that I choose.

I was happy with that compared to other quotes I got.

Plus it was a better price than my fleet management people where getting. Which lowers my salary sac further.

Extras went on too which I paid cash for at fleet price outside of the above. Those extras were far cheaper than most posted within the Kluger forum.

Congrats Trina, I just picked up my KX-R last Friday.

Love the car but the Stereo has to go! It just has no volume or decent sound which is kind of disappointing. :(

I am with you on the stereo but not game yet to tamper with the car to put a new one in. I think the bigger issue is the speakers. I know there are none (or mine are not working) in the rear cargo area. Cant seem to find in the book how many speakers are in the KX-R but it needs more!!!!!.

Congrats to all new Kluger owners :D

Hi check out one of previous posts on changing the car stereo. I have a KXR but bought the 6 stacker off ebay for $400. Love the unit, but the fitting left many scars on the dash, so beware !

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new here. Didn't know about this forum till today.

We are very close to buying a Kluger Grande AWD. Brother-in-law will get one of the same with slightly different accessories.

Of the few quotes that we got, the best one with the following accessories is $61500 on the road

1) Crystal Pearl

2) Bonnet protector

3) Headlight protectors

4) Mudguards – black (set of 4)

5) Black carpet mats – 1st/2nd rows

6) Alloy nudge bar

7) Parkassist – clearance parking sensors (2 head kit)

8) Parkassist – reverse parking sensors (4 head kit)

Brother-in-law one is $60407 with

1) Crystal Pearl

2) Headlight protectors

3) Mudguards – black (set of 4)

4) Black carpet mats – 1st/2nd rows

5) Parkassist – clearance parking sensors (2 head kit)

6) Parkassist – reverse parking sensors (4 head kit)

Are the price good enough or should I push harder?

After delivery, we intend to add in MotorOne Ultimate Vehicle Protection that would cost $1900.

This include the following

1) Paint protection

2) Enviroshield paint finish

3) Vinyl protection

4) Leather Protection

5) Rust proofing protection

6) Electronic Rust stopper protection

7) Sound deadener spray to underbody of cars

Maybe I should get them to include the protection pack? That might be pushing a bit too hard......

Thanks. :)

Hi I am new here. Didn't know about this forum till today.

We are very close to buying a Kluger Grande AWD. Brother-in-law will get one of the same with slightly different accessories.

Of the few quotes that we got, the best one with the following accessories is $61500 on the road

1) Crystal Pearl

2) Bonnet protector

3) Headlight protectors

4) Mudguards – black (set of 4)

5) Black carpet mats – 1st/2nd rows

6) Alloy nudge bar

7) Parkassist – clearance parking sensors (2 head kit)

8) Parkassist – reverse parking sensors (4 head kit)

Brother-in-law one is $60407 with

1) Crystal Pearl

2) Headlight protectors

3) Mudguards – black (set of 4)

4) Black carpet mats – 1st/2nd rows

5) Parkassist – clearance parking sensors (2 head kit)

6) Parkassist – reverse parking sensors (4 head kit)

Are the price good enough or should I push harder?

After delivery, we intend to add in MotorOne Ultimate Vehicle Protection that would cost $1900.

This include the following

1) Paint protection

2) Enviroshield paint finish

3) Vinyl protection

4) Leather Protection

5) Rust proofing protection

6) Electronic Rust stopper protection

7) Sound deadener spray to underbody of cars

Maybe I should get them to include the protection pack? That might be pushing a bit too hard......

Thanks. :)

They are great prices.....surely that's fleet pricing?

Are they fleet prices? I don't know. I just told the sales manager that he has to do his best and that were the pricing I got first up. I thought fleet pricing is better than that.

Edited by kirby7777

Are they fleet prices? I don't know. I just told the sales manager that he has to do his best and that were the pricing I got first up. I thought fleet pricing is better than that.

Well you have done really well. I paid $59,900 for an AWD Grande with car mats and tow bar.....and that was with Fleet pricing!

Hey what is 'Sound deadener spray to underbody of cars' ??