Kluger "Off Road" performance

Towering

I am just about to buy a Kluger Grande. However having had several 4WD (All Toyota) I was wondering how the Kluger AWD performs off road - definately NOT extreme, but run of the mill National parks, low creek fording etc. Any clues, because as a vehicle it seems to be spec'd up very well :whistling:

What a great find Tae!

Nothing too strenuous. After all, it does not have a low range gearbox, no diff locks and it is impossible to turn the computer controlled stability control program off. It has only computer controlled all-wheel drive and hill descent assist.

It is turn off able! (if it is proper English :blink: ).

It is hidden in the left of steering wheel, lower down in the dash. There is a small well for it and you can push and hold it for several seconds to disengage completely. It is in the owner's manual.

Perhaps the biggest criticism of the Kluger is that the claimed fuel consumption of 11l/100km is hard to achieve on the open road never mind combining it with round town toottling. The test vehicle was returning around 13-14litres/100km if any of the ample performance was being used.

This is what I get in the city drive. So stop complaining! The CX-7 returns 16L/100km while claiming 11L/100km. CX-9........ :rolleyes:

And if you give it a flogging the amount of fuel used will make you think there is a V8 under the bonnet.

:unsure: Not sure about it. It is more like a turboed rotary :toast:

But all in all this version of the Kluger is a delight to drive.

Agree. I am thinking about it now

It is only when you start sticking it into corners at sport sedan speeds that it cries enough and in the bush it will take some real rough country before it cries enough.

True, I wish it is a sports car! :yahoo:

But the traction and stability control cannot be turned off which, while being a boon in the boondocks, may turn out to be a setback in the sand.

Again, he probs did not read the owner's manual, but who does. He prob asked the dealer salemen about it and I am sure they don't have a bloody clue. Where does he want advice. Come to here!

Lovely photo though.

I am planning to go offroad again in Easter. Any suggestion in Victoria. Wanna do Grampians but wife said "we have been there"

post-954-1199839332_thumb.jpg

post-954-1199839338_thumb.jpg

post-954-1199839346_thumb.jpg

post-954-1199839353_thumb.jpg

Edited by takahashi