Bride racing seats

hey guys,

Does anyone know if any of the Bride racing seats are ADR approved? if not what are the options for ADR approved seats?

Most of the Bride seats are FIA approved but not ADR approved.

They also cost anywhere between $2500 - $4000 a pair, depending on what you want from memory. That 'is' brand new btw, not used.

There going for as low as $652.06AUD on Nengun

http://www.nengun.com/bride/euro-ii

Good call, I think I originally looked at the EGO's? Those in black leather were close to 4000 imported. That was a price from a few suppliers as well.

Correct. They have to be engineered if you don't want to be defected with them.

They also cost anywhere between $2500 - $4000 a pair, depending on what you want from memory. That 'is' brand new btw, not used.

so if i get a seat that is already ADR approved then it will be legal for road use? does it still require engineered?

sorry 2 hijack this thread but i have another question regarding this subject -

does anyone in sydney know who or where these "engineers" are to get a mod like this done and installed and legal for road use?"

do they also give engineers certificates for engine mods too?

after reading all this stuff in here, i havent seen anyone mention where to get engineers certificates from, or for how much $$$?

Edited by JJCRU23R

The engine, gearbox, brakes, seats, FMIC, exhaust etc on my Forester were engineered by TIC Automotive in Kirrawee. There's a list of approved engineers on the RTA's site http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/dow...es_nov_2007.pdf

If you buy ADR approved seats, you also need to buy ADR approved seat rails, if the rails aren't approved then they need to be engineered also.

The engineering doco for my forester is 11 pages long, cost the previous owner quite a bit to get done.

Edited by rollamods

The engineering doco for my forester is 11 pages long, cost the previous owner quite a bit to get done.

thats becuz its a "piece of work" and it took the engineer 11 pages to explain why its even safe to stay on the roads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P

the stivo's is only 4 pages long B) B) B) B) B)

• 7 months later...

Repcos selling cheap reclining bucket seats for $278 a pair and it says that their adr approved. So if i source a spare set of corolla rails then they are already approved yes? all i need to do is get an enginer to mod them onto it? So does it still need all that paperwork and if so anyone got an idea on how much?

best option for ADR are VELO seats as they are Australian made.

They are also CAMS approved and some are even FIA approved while still retaining their ADR approval.

hmmmmm these look like an interesting option ...... what do u do for rails though ?

get custom ones made from the standard rails, or get some floor mounts engineered.

It's not that hard and heaps of places do it for ~$100 a seat.

Linden and I were looking at a group buy on the VELO GTP seats earlier in the year with a few other Toymods guys.

Has gone quiet of late, but I've not really been chasing up stuff on my car right now either.