TOCAU website - members input and ideas required

Steve

I am making some big changes to the rest of the website this month. I am upgrading the news section part of the site as I feel adding more toyota content can only make the site bigger and better. I am currently not happy with the current setup.

I also have plans for members to write reviews on their toyota dealer. Praising good service and publicising bad service is a way for all of our members to make informed decisions about which Toyota dealers to use, based on the opinions and real-life experiences of others. Toyota is supposed to be about good service. This has not always been the case from some dealers. From previous experience with the dealer reviews (i have used these on other clubs i run) I have found this to be a very good tool and dealers will start recognising it if we all team together and start adding some good reviews. It's not all about logging bad reviews... a good review maintains a good service.. no dealer wishes to lose that high rank.

So whats this thread about?

I would like members to post some ideas of what they would like to see on TOCAU. Would you like to see a better gallery? Maybe a video area or wiki?

Please contribute your thoughts and I will take some time and look through with the rest of the team.

cheers!

Steve

rep points system would be nice...

but would be great (if it were possible) for members to rate eachother based on what they contribute to help others in the forum.. but now that i think about it, that might be a bit too complicated.

Trader rating points system. If you buy trade with another member you can rate the sale. On a ponts scale sort of thing where 1 is the best and 10 the worst. did the sale go smoothly? did you get your purchase in good time? did the seller communicate with you??

All those sort of things. Would be good to see something like that after i have had a few members ripped off on here in the last 6 months after paying and the goods not turning up.

Member of the month section!!!!

Motorsport section - for those to put threads about drag racing, circuit etc etc toyota related or if they are competiting themselves.

My vote goes with Silva on the Traders Point scheme.

30 useful posts AND 3 months membership I don't think is good at all if it allows people to be ripped off.

The new group buy rules are good, maybe we can re-evaluate one for the buy/sell section.