HID installed on my Stivo

KT_haha

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice mate that's really bright 8000K!  How much did you pay for it?

Zee

Paid $450 for them, it's the best price I could find in Sydney :)

Was that a typo???

Did you say it's was $460 when you PM me before??

:(

It was $450 plus $10 shipping. so if you pick it up from my friend, it will be $450

Edited by KT_haha

If you look closely at picture 6, you'll see that I still have the original parking light in yellow light bulb.

I'm hoping to replace those with white or Blue LED's so they match the color of the HID. :D

Oh, buddy.....please dun choose blue....I know it's cool....even myself I also like blue......but.....the POLICE will pick on you :ph34r: :o

It's true.... one of my friend had a blue parking light before...was picked by the POLICE. And I had another friend who drove a Civic, he had replaced the rear Honda "H" badge with the one which have blue light "H" ......he was picked by police !!! The officer said.....no BLUE light outside your vehicle....!!! Fortunately, the officer gave a chance to my mate...and tell him not to do it anymore, otherwise he would be paying for a ticket :o

hahaha. You make the cops sound like nazis! :D i just can't see the problem within having blue lights outside your car. i had the blue led park lights but 1 of them blew after only 1 week. I've got the philips blue vission. they come with white parking lights. :)

Ooh, nice HID's btw, KT. :P

Edited by qkslvr

hahaha. You make the cops sound like nazis!  :D i just can't see the problem within having blue lights outside your car. i had the blue led park lights but 1 of them blew after only 1 week. I've got the philips blue vission. they come with white parking lights.  :)

Ooh, nice HID's btw, KT.  :P

Yeah.....qkslvr, I'm also with you....I personally dun see any problem with the blue LED.....

but in fact, the police really DID picked on two of my friends who both have blue light outside under two different circumstances.

Maybe it's because those officers had got a bad day or being scolded by his commander or whatever :P ....when they see something which is abnormal, they just pick on you coz the officers had bad mood. :unsure:

So, just to avoid those trouble ~ :blink: I think white is not a bad choice for parking light... :D . My idea is just don't give a chance for the police to pick you ;)

Say, if in one evening, you were planning to have some fun driving or crusing, the police pull you over on the road, how bad would it be?? That will destroy your mood of the driving and you may need to explain to the office and beg for a 2nd chance......I think it's just not worth....... :D and too trouble..... :(

Anyway, just personal expression and thinking to share with you guys only...... :P :D :lol:

Btw, what is nazis.....I'm not an english native speaker... :P

same i have blue bulbs....as long as they dont shine blue its okay.

does anyone know where to get black lights?? (the kind that make white GLOW!?)

i think they meant blue as in proper blue LED and not blue bulbs that glow white...?

??

my bad :(

back into my hole i go :(

Yeah. :lol: :P sorry i wasn't very clear. I had the blue LED lights that glowed blue. looked pretty cool. but then one blew after only a week. they were only $10 a pair but it kinda turned me off them so I decided to get a set of Philips blue vission. they come with blue park lights that glow white! looks pretty cool.

funny enough, the "blue" vission bulbs don't have even the slightest tinge of blue at all. but it's nice and white which is what i wanted anyway. although, i just saw a set of H7 Xenon at supercheap for $39...hmmm...I'm tempted. I had a set on my old celica and they were nice and blue.

Yeah.  :lol:  :P  sorry i wasn't very clear. I had the blue LED lights that glowed blue. looked pretty cool. but then one blew after only a week. they were only $10 a pair but it kinda turned me off them so I decided to get a set of Philips blue vission. they come with blue park lights that glow white! looks pretty cool.

funny enough, the "blue" vission bulbs don't have even the slightest tinge of blue at all. but it's nice and white which is what i wanted anyway. although, i just saw a set of H7 Xenon at supercheap for $39...hmmm...I'm tempted. I had a set on my old celica and they were nice and blue.

I'm about to get 6000k's

do you reccomend 8000? I was thinking maybe they'd look a bit blue.

Also, any installation issues? anything i should look out for? how long did it take you to install?

It took me not more than an hour to install, the DIY kit was very easy to install.

I like the 8000k, slightly blueish, but looks very nice :)

qkslvr, did you connect a biasing resistor with the LED? otherwise they will burn out quickly. :)

Edited by KT_haha

qkslvr, did you connect a biasing resistor with the LED? otherwise they will burn out quickly.

Biassing resistor. never knew such a thing existed. thanks for the tip. :)

red and blue are emergency colours so in most states if not all it is a no no to use them.

Hmm. never thought of that ;) but still, i don't think a blue-glowing honda badge will confuse traffic enough for them to giveway :lol::lol::lol: a screaming sprotivo is a different story :lol:

I'm about to get 6000k's

do you reccomend 8000? I was thinking maybe they'd look a bit blue.

Also, any installation issues? anything i should look out for? how long did it take you to install?

Cougs, if you haven't already bought them, don't get the 8000K lights. Have a read of this - http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html - it'll even make you reconsider the 6000K lights. 4100K is about all I'd consider. Anything else just gives you poor quality light and blinds others.

Cheers,

dojobi

• 2 months later...

bump

anyone else got HID recently?

Looks like I'll be getting 8000k H7's cos I'm helping a mate out by buying his, cos he bought the wrong one. I'm going to try my luck to get 6000k's though

6000k because from wht I have seen, it's closer to the colour of daylight, hence will appear brighter.

but if I end up with the 8000k, ah wellz! :)

bump

anyone else got HID recently?

Looks like I'll be getting 8000k H7's cos I'm helping a mate out by buying his, cos he bought the wrong one. I'm going to try my luck to get 6000k's though

6000k because from wht I have seen, it's closer to the colour of daylight, hence will appear brighter.

but if I end up with the 8000k, ah wellz! :)

I've got 7000k....but I haven't got it installed yet :lol: ......no time yet :P